Chapter 13 : Monday's Training

Broken Arrow

The weekend passed by as Jessica sleptover at Donghae's house. Of course, not the dirty way. In the morning, they went for breakfast and Donghae sent her home. Today is monday, usual class, usual drama, usual life. That is. it isn't so usual once the soccer training started. Yoona was suppose to be at training on Friday but she skipped it for the study date. Poor Yoona, got lectured by the coach and is getting some punishment now. Thankfully, she wasn't kicked out. Donghae felt sorry as he didn't have training on Fridays. He watched guility from the crowd as she did 500 jumping jacks and 1000 skipping. The male coach gathered the guys tean.

 

"Okay, today, we'll be having a match with the girls." The coach said. The whole team cheered. "The winner team will get something..." 

 

The team cheered louder.

 

"And that thing is...."

 

The guys starting doing drumrolls with their feets.

 

"Nothing!" The coach said, beaming happily as he hear groans and complains. "Alright guys! I am hoping all of you win, now start warming up and do footwork!" 

 

The boys sighed and several groans was heard. They dismissed and found pairs to do warm-ups and footwork. Of course, Minho and Donghae teamed up. The girls too were told they were having a match. They started warming-up and instead of the negative reaction the boys gave, the girls cheered and became very enthusiastic. Right before the match started, the team captains gathered their team.

 

"Alright boys! We have to win and show the girls who's the boss!" Minho said to the team as they did a "woosh"

 

"Girls! Listen up! They think their better than us after winning the last match, but who says we can't win boys? Let's kick some balls!" Yuri screamed as the girls cheered and clapped. The boys overheard them and kind of freaked out at the last sentence. 

 

"Kick some balls? They are not really gonna kick our 'balls' right?" A guy named Lee Joon asked. 

 

"Course not, dummy." Minho said. 

 

-

 

"Jessica!" 

 

Jessica looked up from her book to see Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk running towards her. Weird... They're together?

 

"The boys soccer team is playing against the girls!" Eunhyuk sang excitedly.

 

"Let's go cheer for your Haehae~" Hyoyeon teased, pulling Jessica up. The three of them ran towards the field to see several groups of people already watching the match. They climbed to the second row in the spectators area and started cheering.

 

-

 

"Pass here!" Minho called out as his teammate kicked him the ball. He dodged past several girls. Not untill he came face to face with Yuri. She smirked and started running towards him.

 

"Damn it..." He mumbled. The last time, they came face to face too and he was so afraid of hurting her, he kind of lost the ball to her. "Not this...time..."

 

His heart race, trying to dodge her off but she followed him close. She was fast for a girl. Way too fast. He managed to dodge past her and had a clear view of the goal post. Suddenly, he heard a loud scream that made him stop and turn.

 

"Yuri!" One of the girls screamed.

 

Minho spun round, forgetting about the ball. What happened?! Did she fall?! Heck if she did, it's my fault! He screamed in his head. Fortunately, she was fine and running to... 

 

"The ball!" Donghae shouted. Minho blinked and turned around, only to his surprise that Yuri was a few feet from the ball. She got it and passed it down to her teammates.

 

"..." He murmured. He could hear the coach screaming at him. He slapped his face and started jogging down the field. 

 

They scored. Darn it, it's all his fault. He had a totaly clear view and could totally score that. Now it was the girls winning, 1-0. The ball was passed back and forth, till the round was over.

 

-

 

"Hey." Donghae said as Yoona was added into the field. 

 

"Hi!" She beamed and tied her hair tightly. 

 

"I can't wait to see how good you are." Donghae winked.

 

"Oh... You're on," Yoona said, smirking. 

 

The second round started and this time, the girls had the ball. They passed to each other and eventually the ball reached Yoona. Donghae smirked, as he was closeby. He started sprinting towards her. She saw and quickened her pace. The two ran for awhile, ocassionally nearing up. Accidentally, Donghae tripped over Yoona's foot and they both fell, sending the ball into Yuri's possession. 

 

"Ouch..." Yoona mumbled as she rubbed her ankle. 

 

"Urgh, sorry." Donghae apologised as he stood up. He offered Yoona his hand which she took politely. Jessica watched them. Do they know each other??

 

"Sica! Look! Donghae and that girl!" Hyoyeon piped. 

 

"That's Yoona, the new girl, I heard." A voice said. The three of them turned around to see Nichkhun smiling at them. "Hi beautiful,"

 

Nichkhun stood next to Jessica and winked. 

 

"Oh hi, casanova." Jessica mumbled coldly, still not quite comfortable with the guy that humiliated her. Although they had started talking, that doesn't mean she could forget about the incident. 

 

"I heard she's getting closer with your boyfriend, aka, Donghae." Nichkhun stated, pointing to Donghae and Yoona. Donghae was now dragging Yoona to the side bench. She had an arm around Donghae's neck. Her ankle seemed to be giving her some pain. The match had paused and everyone gathered near Yoona. 

 

"Oh come on, they haven't met before..." Jessica mumbled, staring at them. 

 

"Really? You think so?" Nichkhun asked, tilting his head a little.

 

"Yeah... I guess he tripped her and is just helping her." Jessica smiled, assuring Nichkhun. But deep down, that wasn't meant to assure Nichkhun. It was to assure herself. Those two looked close, although she was sure they just met. That is, simply because she didn't know they met quite a while back...

 

Nichkhun sighed and nodded. Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk watched curiously. Without trying to make it obvious, Hyoyeon pulled Jessica aside. 

 

"Sic!" Hyoyeon whispered-yelled. 

 

"What?" She mouthed.

 

"What's that jerk doing? W-why are you two talking?" Hyoyeon asked softly. "Don't you hate him?! He rejected you and humiliated you infront of people! Don't you remember what he said? He said 'I won't like someone as ugly as you!' Girl!" 

 

Jessica sighed, "I know but he apologised. And we're just friends..." 

 

"But-" 

 

"No buts, I'll be fine. Don't worry." Jessica looked away from Hyoyeon and back at the field. The teams were not playing again. But wait- where's Donghae and Yoona?

 

 

 

 

(word count: 1,058)

 

*ioooouashdhahsdhasd~ Jessica have seen YoonHae talking but she thinks that he's being helpful~ Can't wait to write more for y'all~ Byeeeeeeeee (:

Do comment and give me some boost in writing ^^