Chapter 7 : Cold Sica

Broken Arrow

 

*hi. I know I said I would update after my exams and all. I have a few more chapters already written in my iPad but I don't feel like updating yet zzz. Not till after my exams. But after reading all of your comments you all gave me, I couldn't help but update soon for you guys xD ~ hope you will like it <3 p.s. it's a Saturday so whatever c:
 
 
Jessica walked into the school, her head held high as usual and she has the cold-scary expression on her face. She didn't feel good today, he didn't text her at all since last night. She stopped by her locker and took the books that she will be needing. She closed her locker and when she turned around, she saw Yuri and Minho walking towards her. They were both wearing similar outfits, both going for a black casual today. Yuri was wearing a black tanktop and a pair of shorts. Thankfully, she had an owl necklace to make it less boring. Minho was wearing a white t-shirt and black hoodie, with jeans of course. 
 
They were talking and laughing about something. Girls around them were squealing at how cute the couple were. Jessica bit her lips as she thought about Donghae.
 
Why didn't he reply me? 
 
"Hi Jessica." Minho and Yuri said at the same time. 
 
"Hey," Jessica said as she faked a smile.
 
"You alright?" Yuri questioned as she sensed something was wrong. Jessica nodded but Yuri wasn't sure about that. 
 
"I'm going to class." Jessica said.
 
"Aren't you going to wait for Donghae? Don't you two always walk to class together?" Minho asked, still oblivious about Jessica's upset expression so far. Yuri nudged him and he mouthed 'what' back.
 
"We are not going for the same class." Jessica replied coldly. She turned and disappeared into the crowd of students.
 
"Huh? But they walk to class even if they aren't going for the same lesson, don't they?" Minho blinked cutely. Yuri giggled and slapped her boyfriend's arm.
 
"You are so dumb. Something must be up between them..." 
 
"Hey! How can you call your boyfriend dumb huh?" Minho snapped, grabbing Yuri's waist. 
 
"Ew, Minho! What are you doing? We are in public, hello!" Yuri yelped and slapped his hand.
 
"Oh come on, your boyfriend wants a kiss! Don't disappoint him!" Minho joked as he made a kissy face.
 
"Lemme go!" Yuri cried, dodging his kisses.
 
"Kiss me first!" 
 
"Okay fine, eww." Yuri gave his boyfriend a peck on his lips, making Minho grin happily. He let her go and smiled cheekily. 
 
"Hey guys." Donghae pushed past people and stumbled towards the couple. 
 
"Oh hey hyung!" Minho greeted.
 
"Did you guys see Jessica?" Donghae asked, smiling. Yuri eyed him weirdly.
 
"No." Yuri said.
 
"Yep!" Minho said at the same time as Yuri.
 
Donghae raised an eyebrow at them. "Yes or no?" 
 
"Yes." Yuri snapped and Minho said "No" instead. 
 
"Guys! Come on stop playing around, I called her this morning but her cell was off." Donghae said in frustration. 
 
"She went to class." They said in unison, their face full of seriousness. 
 
Class? What happened, we would usually wait for each other then I will walk her to class right? Why did she go without waiting for me? Donghae thought.
 
-
 
Jessica slammed her books on the table, making everyone in the class look at her. She dragged her chair and sat down on it. She pluckered her lips and closed her eyes. She felt someone sit beside her so she opened her eyes again. It was her classmate, Nichkhun, also the school's greatest players ever.
 
"Hi beautiful, why that grumpy face?" He asked, winking at her. Obviously he was hitting on her and she knew that.
 
"Hi Casanova, why do you care?" Jessica snapped.
 
"Woah, chill." Nichkhun said. "Quarrelled with your boyfriend huh?"
 
"Shut. Up."
 
"Hey, don't be so rude, I am just trying to be caring."
 
"I don't need you to. So go away." 
 
"Don't be mad pretty~ I like it better when you are smiling." He chuckled and smiled his famous charming smile. Jessica looked at him expressionlessly for almost a minute before rolling her eyes at him.
 
"You like me now?" Nichkhun asked, putting his arm around Jessica.
 
"No." 
 
"Are you still mad about the rejection back-" 
 
He stopped as Jessica was now grabbing his neck.
 
"One more time about that and I will kill you." Jessica warned, gripping on his neck.
 
"Okay! I am sorry!" Nichkhun raised his hands in a surrender position and grinned. Jessica retreated her hands and sat back down. Nochkhun continued, "Look. I never knew you will become so pretty. I mean you were a nerd back then, with braces and horrible hair..."
 
He shrugged apologetically when he saw Jessica shot him a glare.
 
"And now, you are just a goddess, man..." Jessica blushed but rolled her eyes instead.
 
"Shut up." Jessica murmured. He chuckled and put his arm around her again. 
 
"If you and your boyfriend ever break up, you can date me. I will be here." She glared at him and slapped his face. 
 
"Ouch~" Nichkhun flinched and rubbed his cheek. "That really hurts."
 
Jessica laughed. It was the first time he ever made her laugh ever since he rejected her. Jessica had once confessed to Nichkhun in the first year. She was a nerd and he was good-looking. Definitely a good reason why he rejected her. 
 
-
 
Donghae stood there, watching his girl friend laugh at someone he hates so much, Nichkhun. He hated him since, like forever. Donghae loves Jessica but back then, she loves Nichkhun. He was watching with the rest of the school when Nichkhun rejected her and hurt his Jessica. He was furious and he still hates him. 
 
Don't Jessica hate him too? Why is she talking to him? And they are laughing, what the hell. He asked in his head.
 
Donghae walked up to them. "Hi." He said. Jessica looked up and her smile disappeared. It made his heart cringe a little. Did she not want to see him? 
 
 
 
 
 
 
(word count : 944)