Chapter 17 : My Wounded Heart

Broken Arrow

 

Nichkhun sat on his bed as he dried his wet hair. He stared into space, thinking about how Jessica treated Donghae. The way she care so much for him. He didn't know why but he felt mad. Why wasn't it him instead? He sighed frustratedly and laid down in bed.
 
 
His phone vibrated, catching his attention. He sat up and looked at his phone. It was an incoming call from... His tired gaze turned into a bright look. It was from Jessica. Ever since they started hanging out, the exchanged phone numbers. He quickly answered the phone. 
 
 
"Yeoboseyo?" 
 
 
"Oppa..." Jessica's voice could be heard from the other line. It sounded like she was crying.
 
 
"Sica, what's wrong. Why are you crying?" Nichkhun asked, he stood up from the bed, feeling all tensed up over the phone.
 
 
More sobbing could be heard over the phone. He heard her sniffed and he felt very worried.
 
 
"Oppa... Can we meet?" She asked.
 
 
"Sure!" Nichkhun immediately said without hesitation. "Where?"
 
 
"The playground on the street across our school." She said in between her tears. Nichkhun nodded and right after they hung up, he rushed out of his house, even if it was getting dark.
 
 
-
 
 
Nichkhun alighted off the bus and ran as quickly as he could towards the playground. He spotted Jessica sitting on a swing, her hair was all over her face and she hung her head low. He ran towards her, all he cared at the moment was know what's wrong.
 
 
"Sica!" He called as he squatted down beside her. Jessica looked up at Nichkhun. When their eyes made contact, Nichkhun realised how red her eyes were.
 
 
"Khun..." Her voice was weak and tired, probably from crying too much. Her eyes were filled with pain and sorrow as she hugged Nichkhun. He was surprised at first but when he heard her cries, he hugged her back tightly. She rested her face on his shoulder as she cried her eyes out.
 
 
"Sica, are you okay?" Nichkhun asked, patting her back.
 
 
"O-oppa..." She spoke, her voice was very hoarse. "We... We... We broke up."
 
 
"What?" 
 
 
-
 
 
A few hours ago... Jessica ran as fast as she can, crossing the road from the school. She wiped the tears from her eyes as she stopped by the park. She spotted a empty playground in the middle of the park and headed towards it. She sat down by the slide and thought about the fight earlier. It was the first time Donghae was so violent towards her. The grip on her hands were rough and scary.
 
 
She sat there for a few minutes more. Suddenly, she heard footsteps and so she looked up. It was Donghae.
 
 
"Jessi-"
 
 
"Don't call me!" Jessica snapped and stood up to leave but he held her wrist and pulled her back. This time, he held her softly.
 
 
"Please. I don't get it at all, why are so angry? On that day, I asked you if you were mad and you said you weren't. And now you are mad because you realised it's Yoona?" He questioned, turning Jessica to face him. 
 
 
"Yes." Jessica said, looking into Donghae's eyes.
 
 
"Why?"
 
 
"Hae oppa, she's already in love with you!" Jessica snapped, already feeling irritated. 
 
 
"You're kidding right?" Donghae faked a laugh.
 
 
"No I am not." Jessica thought about how Yoona's eyes twinkled when she talked about Donghae. Those blushing red cheeks when Jessica asked if she liked him... It was obvious that Yoona does. Yes, she was jealous of them... 
 
 
"Okay, how can I make it up to you?" Donghae asked, her cheeks
 
 
Jessica thought about it for awhile before saying, "Don't talk to her anymore." She knows she was being such a protective girl friend and that was too much to ask for but she didn't want to hurt Yoona anymore. She can't let Yoona fall deeper in love with her boyfriend. Yoona will have to know eventually and if she knows the truth after falling in love with Donghae, it will be very hurtful for her. Plus, she didn't want to lose Donghae. She didn't want to see her boyfriend being so nice to another girl either. 
 
 
 
"What?" Donghae snapped suddenly. "I... I can't do that." He sighed.
 
 
"Why not?" 
 
 
"She's my friend, Jessica."
 
 
"But I'm your girl friend!"
 
 
"Yes and I will always love you. But Yoona will always be my friend. I'm sorry babe. I love you a lot but I can't lose a friend." Donghae explained, tucking Jessica's hair behind her ears. She pushed his hand away.
 
 
"Okay... But-" Jessica said something but was soon cut off.
 
 
"Oppa!" 
 
 
They both turned and saw Yoona running towards them.
 
 
"Oh. Jessica. Hi!" Yoona beamed, waving her hands. Her ankle was fine now, just a little painful whenever she runs. 
 
 
"Hey." Jessica and Donghae both said in unison.
 
 
"You two know each other?" Yoona said, referring to Jessica and Donghae.
 
 
"Huh... Yoong. Don't you know?" Donghae asked, chuckling.
 
 
"Know what?" Yoona asked innocently. Oh no... Jessica thought. 
 
 
"That Jessica is my girl friend." Donghae smiled and pulled Jessica into his arms. Yoona's smile was swept off her face and she stared at them. She felt her heart shattering into pieces. Jessica saw Yoona's face and quickly pushed Donghae away. 
 
 
"I gotta go." Yoona bit her lips and said. She turned around and ran off.
 
 
"Wait! Yoona!" Jessica shouted and chased after her. "Hae oppa wait here!"
 
 
Donghae nodded. He was shocked at what just happened.  After running awhile, Jessica managed to stopped Yoona.
 
 
"Yoona!" Jessica exclaimed.
 
 
"Good for you. Last long." Yoona voice was cold.
 
 
"It's Hae right?" 
 
 
"What?" Yoona raised an eyebrow at her.
 
 
"It's Donghae whom you like right?" Jessica asked.
 
 
"Yes!" Yoona screamed, the tears that she fought back now flowed down her cheeks like a waterfall. 
 
 
"Yoona I am sorry." Jessica sighed.
 
 
"Sorry?! You !" Yoona screamed and covered her face, sobbing into her hands.
 
 
"Hey! We were together even before you came okay..." Jessica mumbled. She felt mad at what Yoona just called her.
 
 
"I hate you Jessica." 
 
 
"Yoona..." Jessica sighed.
 
 
"Why do you tell me this only after I fell inlove with him?!" Yoona screamed. Her first friend in this school had betrayed her. She had fallen deeply inlove with her friend's boyfriend.
 
 
"Urgh... I didn't know..." 
 
 
"You know what, I hate you Jessica. I love Donghae and I will never give him up."
 
 
"But we are together already, Yoong..."
 
 
"I don't care. I will fight for him. Jessica, from now on we will never be friends. You betrayed me! I hate you! I will steal Donghae from you, just wait and see!" Yoona screamed. "I hate you!" She slapped Jessica across her face. Jessica yelped and covered her cheeks in surprise. Luckily it wasn't that hard to leave a mark.
 
 
"What the hell, Im Yoona!" Jessica snapped. "Why did you slap me? You are the third party and I wasn't in the wrong! Donghae is my boyfriend and he will never like a girl like you! Go on, try harder. A girl like you will never win his heart!" Jessica screamed back and pushed Yoona. Yoona's ankle was weak and with that push, she fell onto the floor, scraping her arms and legs. Yoona yelped in pain as blood rushed out of her wounds.
 
 
"Yoona!" They heard a familiar voice. It was Donghae. Donghae rushed over to Yoona and helped her up.
 
 
"Jessica! Are you crazy?!" He yelled, anger rushing through him. Yes he love Jessica a lot, more than anyone in the world. But he can't believe Jessica said those hurtful words to Yoona and even pushed her.
 
 
"What?!" Jessica yelled, crossing her arm over her chest.
 
 
"Have you gone insane?!" He asked angrily. "Why did you push Yoona? And even said those words to her?" 
 
 
"She slapped me-"
 
 
"No I didn't." Yoona said, faking an upset face. Donghae held Yoona and shook his head at Jessica.
 
 
"Now you are making up stories. Jessica what has gotten into you?"
 
 
"I am telling the truth! She's going to steal you away!" Jessica snapped, pointing her index finger at Yoona.
 
 
"Jessica! Stop!" Donghae shouted, pushing her finger away from Yoona's face. "I saw you push her. I saw you say those mean things to her! What do you mean I will never like a girl like her?"
 
 
"She's a -"
 
 
"Jessica!" Yoona cried, formed a small 'o'. "Why are you doing this to me? I just told you that I will give Donghae up! I told you that you can have him. But you forced me to never talk to him!" Jessica glared at Yoona. She couldn't believe what Yoona just said. Those were lies...
 
 
"No!" Jessica said, she eyed Donghae. He was staring at her with the most disappointed pair of eyes she had ever seen. "That's not true, Donghae I-"
 
 
"That's enough. Jessica I can't believe you. I have heard your words Sica. Those harsh and mean words. You said I will never like a girl like her. You called her a , Jessica." Donghae's eyes were red. He couldn't believe his girlfriend was like this.
 
 
"No-"
 
 
"Oppa..." Yoona groaned in pain as she held onto her bleeding elbow and knee. "It's okay, please don't blame her." 
 
 
"Look! You were so mean to Yoona yet she doesn't mind! Yoona has a kind heart, Jessica. She's not the girl you claimed she is." Donghae said.
 
 
"Yoona, you better tell him the truth! Hae oppa don't believe her! She's acting! It's all fake! Oppa, she's lying!" Jessica snapped, her eyes turned watery and she felt like dying. She grabbed Yoona's hands tightly. "Tell him! Tell him the truth!" Yoona whimpered in pain. Yoona smiled to herself and only Jessica saw that smile.
 
 
"Jessica!" Donghae yelled and pushed Jessica away. Jessica tripped over her own leg and fell onto the floor. Donghae widened his eyes when he realised what he just did. He rushed over to her after stabilizing Yoona. 
 
 
He helped Jessica up but Jessica pushed him off. She stood up and slapped Donghae's face. She then walked up to Yoona and slapped hers instead.
 
 
Donghae gasped and rushed towards them.
 
 
"Jessica!" Donghae yelled.
 
 
"Im Yoona, you will never win his heart. He will never love you." Jessica said coldly. Yoona glared back but when Yoona saw Donghae, she cupped her cheeks in pain.
 
 
"Yoona we better get you to wash up your wounds and bandage them up." Donghae said as he held Yoona's arm and wrap I over his shoulder. Jessica bit her lips as hard as she could till it started bleeding. Both and Yoona walked away from Jessica. 
 
 
"Hae oppa, if you leave with her, I will break up with you!" Jessica cried, her face already stained with tears. Donghae stopped in his tracks, his anger was still building. Out of anger, he yelled back. "Fine, we'll break up!"
 
 
With that, he walked off with Yoona, leaving Jessica stunned. 
 
 
 
 
 
(1,786 words)
 
 
 
 
*sniffssss yes I think I am gonna cry lol. ^u^ I hope all of you read my message on the previous chapter~ yes I read all of your comments but I didn reply to each of them. It's because I get awkward sometimes replying to people >