Chapter 19 : Camp Part II

Broken Arrow

After a few names were called, the teacher called out Jessica's name.

 

"Jessica..."

 

Nichkhun secretly wished that it was him, eventhough he couldn't explain why was that so.

 

"And Donghae."

 

Jessica froze as Nichkhun turned towards her. He knew that it was a bad idea, as he watched Jessica bit her lips and looked over to Donghae's direction. Him too, was just as surprised.

 

"Next, Yoona and Nichkhun." 

 

Nichkhun widened his eyes in shock.

 

"What?! Me and that ?!" He blurted out accidentally. Everyone turned towards him, some of his fangirls giggling while others just murmured among themselves. He glared at Yoona, whose mouth was hanging open. The teacher shook her head disapprovingly.

 

"Uh, teacher." Jessica called out suddenly, raising her hand. "I'll like to change partners." 

 

Donghae's heart sank at her words. She didn't want to be with me? He thought.

 

"Why is that so, Jessica?" The teacher raised a brow at her. He could remember that the both of them were a couple, always together in class and along the hallways. So why is that she want to change partners? 

 

"Uhhh..." Jessica bit her lips, trying to think of an excuse.

 

"Because I don't want to be with Yoona. I'm not in good terms with her. So pair me up with Jessica." Nichkhun said, shooting Yoona a glare. 

 

"Fine." The teacher said after hearing Nichkhun's reason, especially when he said it in a very threatening way. Yes, the teacher is afraid of Nichkhun. Just a tiny little bit. A tiny tiny tiny bit. 

 

Jessica smiled weakly, avoiding Donghae's gaze. She bumped Nichkhun's shoulder lightly and mouthed "Thank you."

 

"Don't worry, it's not just for you. I don't want to be together with Yoona either." He whispered in her ears and she grinned widely. So wide, she felt her cheeks hurt. 

 

-

 

Unfortunately, Jessica had to share a tent with Yoona. Nichkhun tried arguing but the teacher refused to change. Afterall, the teachers couldn't let Jessica and Nickhun share a tent... Jessica pulled her bags with her as she headed towards their tent. Yoona waved goodbye to Donghae and followed behind Jessica, constantly mumbling angrily to herself. Jessica was the first to arrived as she ped the entrance and stepped in. Yoona followed behind and dumped her bag on the floor as hard as she can, making a loud thud sound. Jessica jumped and looked over at Yoona.

 

She rolled her eyes and turned back to unpack her items. 

 

Meanwhile, Donghae and Nichkhun were assigned to the same tent. The atmosphere too, was tense and cold. The two boys didn't converse with each other and they just did their own unpacking. Ocassionally, Nichkhun would glance unhappily at Donghae. 

 

After ten minutes, everyone gathered at the same area again. 

 

"Alright campers, we'll be heading for a jungle trail walk now. Please stay with your partners at all times. You'll enter and follow the path yourselves. The teachers will not be with you. So I expect the best behaviour from all of you and stay safe." The teacher said as he ushered the students to the gate. The gate opened and pairs walked in one after another.

 

"Sica!" Nichkhun called as he ran over to Jessica. She beamed him a soft smile, a smile that made his heart flutter. The both of them followed behind their friends, the MinYul couple and HyoHyuk couple. 

 

"Donghae oppa!" Yoona smiled and walked over to where Donghae was. He was staring at Jessica and Nichkhun, and it pains him to see them together. He knew what he yelled at Jessica was wrong, but he still couldn't believe Jessica slapped Yoona. He didn't seem to hear Yoona so she waved her hand infront of him. He snapped away and looked at her. Smiling, he pulled her along to join the rest. 

 

Yoona's heart fluttered when their hands touched.

 

-

 

"Follow close okay?" Nichkhun said, as he crossed his arm over his chest coolly and looked around. The place was were quiet - except that their friends were talking at the front. There were tall trees all around them, prickly bushes and pretty flowers poking out from the green leaves. 

 

"Of course I'm following close." Jessica rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't be flying far from you right?" She joked. Nichkhun turned and flicked her forehead lightly.

 

"Ouch..." She grumbled and rubbed it. 

 

 

"Why is she always with that Khun guy?" Yuri mumbled to Hyoyeon, Minho and Eunhyuk. "I know Donghae and her has been having some cold war because apparently Hae did something ridiculous... But I don't see why Jessica has to hang out with HIM." The 'him' refers to Nichkhun. 

 

"I know... Especially after what he did to her." Minho nodded his head as he peeked over a little. Jessica and Nichkhun were looking at a tree and talking. Minho scoffed - what's so interesting about a tree? 

 

"She could just hang around with us." Eunhyuk said, kicking the grass. 

 

"Urgh I don't like the Khun guy." Yuri pulled her hair angrily. Minho stopped her hands. 

 

"Don't do that, babe. I don't want you to lose your hair." 

 

"Pfft, Yul. He's just afraid to have a bald girl friend." Eunhyuk joked and Minho shot him a threatening glare. His eyes were shooting out lasers as if saying 'I'm going to kill you, you .' 

 

Yuri grinned a little and put down her hands. As they continued walking, they moved their topic to something else. Something about Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk.

 

"So when are you guys getting together?" Yuri asked, hugging Minho's arm. 

 

Minho laughed as Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk both stiffened up and blush. Their monkey friend was grinning widely like an idiot. Eunhyuk was so obvious -_- 

 

-

 

"Oh my gosh is that a squirrel?" Jessica asked as she pointed to the animal on a branch. Nichkhun whipped his head around, not very amused by the small tiny thing in front of him. He watched as Jessica squeal and hop around at it, waving her hands and talking to it. His lips curled into a smile and his eyes softened. He moved next to her and decided to join her. 

 

"Hi! I'm Jessica! What's your name?" She asked the squirrel. Honestly, Nichkhun wanted to burst out laughing at that. 

 

"Oh you don't have a name? I'll call you... Peanut!" Jessica exclaimed at the squirrel. It flinched a little at her high-pitch voice. 

 

"Are you really talking to a squirrel? I mean you are asking questions!" Nichkhun couldn't stand it anymore and waved his hands in the air. "It's so weird!" 

 

"Peanut - this old man over here thinks I'm weird talking to you. He's mean isn't he?" Jessica asked, pouting her lips a little. Nichkhun felt himself die a little when she did that. 

 

"He can't understand you-" An acorn flew straight at Nichkhun's face. It bounced off his nose and fell to the grass. Jessica blinked. Nichkhun blinked. Jessica smiled. Nichkhun frowned. Jessica turned to the squirrel and so did he.

 

"Oh my god! It threw an acorn at you!" Jessica laughed, her eyes twinkling at such an amazing thing. Nichkhun looked at the squirrel, it's looking back at him, as if laughing at him through its eyes. 

 

"What just happened?" Nichkhun asked Jessica, rubbing his nose. 

 

"It threw an acorn at you! hahaahaahahah." Jessica fell to the ground and laughed. 

 

"Wha...."

 

-

 

"Donghae! Let's go there!" Yoona cried as she pulled him out of the path. He shook his head.

 

"No! We're suppose to stay on the path."

 

"Come on, it'll be fun! I've always wanted to try finding my way in the forest!" She said as she dragged him into a bush. Donghae didn't feel like arguing anymore. He's mind is filled with Jessica and Nichkhun, like what are they doing, are they having fun, is she happy without him and such... He just didn't feel like talking, he didn't feel like walking and he didn't feel like living. All he wanted to do is to hug her and tell her he's sorry. But another part of him refuses to. Donghae's too tired to even speak. 

 

Yoona dragged him past weirder places and they seemed to pass by the same few trees over and over again. Yoona thought it was fun - she never imagine that it could be so tough. She held onto Donghae's hand and it makes her happy because he didn't let go of it. However, he's been so quiet the whole time. Yoona swung their hands together, feeling as if they are in a relationship. 

 

"It's so romantic~" Yoona whispered to herself. Donghae didn't even hear that because he's busy thinking. 

 

Grrrrrrr~

 

Yoona stopped in her tracks and Donghae stopped too.

 

"What's wrong?" He asked. Finally, he took a good look around. "Where are we? How did we come here?" He asked, scratching his head. He let go of her hand and slipped it into the pocket of his jeans instead. He glance around, totally clueless of what happened. All he knew was that after Yoona pulled him through a bush, he just followed her, without looking at his surroundings...

 

"I-I'm not sure." She stuttered as she hear shuffling noises near the bushes. She quickly grabbed Donghae's arm.

 

Grrrrrrrrrrrr~ 

 

"What was that?" Donghae widened his eyes at the growling. 

 

"I d-don't know but it doesn't sound good...."

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: omf--- i honestly have no idea when was the last time i update. ffuuuuu ;-; but i was so much with studies then when it ended, i totally wasn't in a mood to write about haesica (maybe because i'm still waiting for more moments eurghhx). then i got so caught up with applyfics and exo that i forgot to write about haesica /triple slaps myself~ 

but now i'm writing again. just not as often because i'm currently obsessed with exo and bts <3 urgh damn rookie boys ouo! but i'll try and write every now and then! enjoy! cya~ i know it's not much because i wanna watch rm 171 hehhehheehe.