Assignment partner

Autumn Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

You placed your head on your crossed arms while staring at the wall in front of you. You were thinking about Daehyun’s words. Were you that ugly? Sometimes you wondered if it was all a dream. Scoffing, you buried your head in to your arms. “I just want to die in a hole” you muttered.

 

As you said those words, a hand patted your back trying to comfort you. “Don’t worry JiHyun. You can always find another man,” SoHee voiced out, trying her best to lighten up your mood. In response you gave her a blank stare before turning away.

 

“That’s easy for you to say,” you grumbled.

 

RiRin, your other best friend just sighed. “Don’t see why you like the guy anyway.”

 

Glaring at her, you replied, “That’s basically asking you, why you like Yongguk.” Flushing in embarrassment, your friend didn’t respond as quickly as she could and kept playing on her ipad that she brought from home.

 

“Shut up.”

***

 

With frustration, you erased a line on the paper and huffed at the result. ‘Stupid art assignment. Why you give me such a hard time?’ you thought as your eyes narrowed, staring at the sketch before you. As time ticked by, you huffed again and dropped your pencil. “Stupid drawing. Why don’t you come out right?”

 

“Calm down, Charlie brown” a voice piped in, scaring you.

 

Turning around, you looked at the criminal. “Don’t do that!” you said loudly, “You scared me.”

 

“Sorry little sister” Yani laughed. You rolled your eyes and continued to scribble on your notebook.

 

“Not sorry enough, I say” you replied before sticking your tongue out at her. This time, it was your sister who rolled her eyes at you.

 

“Please, why should I be that sorry to you? Well that’s beside the point, I want to know why such a clean freak like you is stacking up garbage in the corner” Yani said as she pointed to a pile of crunched up and thrown away paper in the corner, while the trash can laid next to it since it fell when you tried shooting in paper balls in it, but tipped as you kept hitting the edge instead.

 

“Leave it be. I will clean it later”, was the only response Yani got as she stared at you.

 

“Is something the matter?” Yani questioned, frowning at your ab-normal behavior. In return, you started shaking your head side to side, denying the fact that something is wrong with you. Maybe Daehyun’s words were getting to you.

 

Every time you would look at yourself, you would feel yourself scoffing at the body you have. Maybe you were ugly, or maybe Daehyun just liked girls who were perfect in every way, from head to toes, their lovely pale but glowing skin, perfect smooth and soft hair while their eyes would shine in every aspect, and even through tough times they would smile a smile that could comfort others. Were you just……imperfect in his eyes?

 

“JiHyun.” Your sister called causing you to look at her with wide eyes.

 

“N-Nae unnie?”

 

“You were frowning, is something the matter?” she asked again, placing

Please log in to read the full chapter