Who is 'she'?

Autumn Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

You stared hard at the sheet in front of you. Was it good, or was it bad? You didn’t know if you should just hand it in to Kris or you should re-read and check if there was any errors. What about Daehyun? He hasn’t done anything to help. You stared even harder at the sheet before pushing it away. “Argh, who cares anymore?!” you semi-yelled, stretching your limbs.

 

“Oi JiHyun! You better get going!” umma called from downstairs.

 

“’Kay!” you replied, grabbing your school bag and the assignment before rushing down the stairs to meet up with Yani at the door.

 

“Come on JiHyun. We might be late,” Yani called, placing a hand on your shoulder. You looked at her and nodded your head before walking out the door with her.

 

***

 

You reached your classroom and you took the usual spot near the back. You sighed and rubbed your arms as it throbbed with pain. While walking towards your classroom you walked past some students, who ‘accidently’ bumped in to you and pushed you around in the hallways.

 

“What are they?” you whispered to yourself, wondering how can someone be so mean and rough.

 

Placing your books on the desk, you sang softly as time went by slowly. Being early sure has its advantages, like avoiding bullies and enjoying some time alone.

 

“JiHyun!”

 

Okay, maybe not.

 

You turned your head towards the owner of the voice. “What do you want?” you questioned.

 

In return the person pouted and slapped your arm gently. “You meanie, not even saying hi to your best friend” she replied.

 

“I have a best friend?” you mentioned, gasping in fake shock. The other frowned at you and pouted even more.

 

“I hate you.”

 

“Good. Please leave then,” you replied, coolly accepting her hate towards you.

 

“JiHyun! Don’t do this to me! You can’t do this to Sohee!” she spoke third-person, trying to act cute like usual. In returned you made a disturbed face and turned away.

 

“Go away” you said, trying to shoo her away.

 

“But JiHyun! You must help me with my trouble with Myungsoo!” Sohee exclaimed, waving her limbs around.

 

“I already have my hands full with Daehyun, Ririn and Yongguk. I don’t need anymore” you responded, giving her an exhausted look.

 

Sohee inhaled and held her breathe, staring at you with puppy dog eyes. You could see in her eyes that she needed help and she had no one else to turn to. And it was also watery for holding her breathe to long.

 

“You can breathe now,” you stated as Sohee exhaled dramatically.

 

“Please help me,” she mumbled, nervously fiddling with her fingers. Sighing, you gave her a shrug in response.

 

“I’m not that busy so I guess I can help you.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter