Their emotions

Autumn Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

You sat there and stared. You stared at the ceiling as the clock kept ticking. It was the weekend and you had nothing to do. You already finished all your assignments and homework that was needed to be done. So now, you are just staring at your ceiling like it entertaining. (honestly, I didn’t know how to start this chapter)

 

It was almost sunset and you felt eager to go outside and do something. But really. What can you do outside in the almost, dark night? You turned over and looked at your close window. You thought of Daehyun again. You rolled your eyes and sighed.

 

“I swear, he’s the only thing I’m thinking about right now and it’s annoying,” you say, sitting up. Your mind was buzzing. About the upcoming formal, about school, about—Daehyun. You caught yourself thinking about him and ruffled your hair in frustration. “Gawd, I really love him, don’t I?”

 

“Yeah. It’s annoying really. Just confess properly already! And who cares if he rejects you. Better than mumbling to yourself about him all the time,” Yani responds as she walks by your room to get to the bathroom. She unintentionally heard you from outside the door, since you were quite loud even if you whispered.

 

You blush in embarrassment as you got caught talking to yourself. It was a habit. No one else would listen to your problems that much or it’s just the fact that you rather keep your problems to yourself and try not to burden others. “I sometimes wonder if she has super hearing,” you mumble.

 

It was something Yani naturally had. Super hearing. Even if you whispered something inaudible, she would still hear it. She even has the talent of appearing at the wrong time and place. Let’s just say, she has bad timing. Sometimes.

 

“ARGH! I’M BORED!” you exclaim, letting yourself fall against your mattress.

 

“Then go outside sweetie,” Mrs. Seo shouts from downstairs. You roll your eyes. She can be blunt sometimes. The fact she told you to go outside when it’s dark, scared you. Like hell were you going outside in the dark. By yourself. In the dark. When bad things usually happens.

 

You get up and go over to your window. You pull the curtain open a little to see the view outside. Okay, so it wasn’t that bad outside. It was quite beautiful actually. The stars were up and created enough light, with the help of the lamp posts.

 

As you were about to close your curtains shut, you saw Daehyun from the other side of his curtains. You stared. He has a nice silhouette. It shows off his broad shoulders and tall, lean figure. Sure you said you liked him and loved him at times. But was it really? Sometimes people say things but don’t really mean it. You still weren’t sure if it was love. You haven’t a goal, something to keep loving him. Something to become closer with him.

 

“Maybe this is why relationships are complicated. Expressing one’s feelings is complicated,” you mutter to yourself before looking away from Daehyun’s window and picking up your jacket. You decided it would be alright to go outside in the backyard and do some stargazing.

 

“Mum, I’m going to out to the backyard!” you call as you go down the stairs. In response, Mrs. Seo hummed loudly enough for you to hear. She was okay with it.

 

“Don’t stay out for too long JiHyun. It’s cold outside,” Mr. Seo states as he watches the television in front of him with his arm around Mrs. Seo’s shoulder.

 

“Okay!” you reply, walking out to the back door before disappearing behind it.

 

***

 

You sat on the cold lawn of your backyard and look up to see the stars. “Wow, so pretty,” you whisper, shivering a little under the cold breeze of the night. Your father wasn’t joking when he said it was cold outside.

 

“If your cold, you should go inside,” someone says, scaring you. You turn around in a flash and frown at the person.

 

“You scared me!” you exclaim, clenching your fists. Daehyun smirks in response and shrugs.

 

“I just suggested you should go inside, didn’t mean to scare you,” he stated. You sat there staring at him. Man you were doing a lot of staring today. Daehyun noticed this and crook a brow at your direction, even though it was dark, you were still about to see him raise that eyebrow at you. “What?”

 

You quickly shake your head and turn away from him. Daehyun pouted a little—only a little—from underneath his mask. He wanted to keep on talking with you. He felt calm and a little hint of joy in talking with you, whether it was a one-sided argument-with you talking of course- or just you being in his presence. I guess you can say that Daehyun was certainly taking a liking to you.

 

You were glad it was dark out or else he could’ve seen the blush crawling up to your cheeks. You

Please log in to read the full chapter