All the same

Autumn Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

You couldn’t help but rub your temple as you kept revising one sentence again and again. You were a person who wanted things perfect, well sometimes. But when it wasn’t what you wanted it to be, you would do the whole thing again or give up half way.

 

“I hate school,” is what you muttered, titling your head to the side in a sleepy manner.

 

“Why don’t you just ask Daehyun for help?” your sister piped in, walking through your door. Turning your head around you glared at her.

 

“No way am I getting his help” you replied, crossing your arms.

 

“I thought you like the guy” she stated, leaning against the wall.

 

“I do! It’s just……..we aren’t very pleased to see each other’s existence right now.”

 

Yani laughed. “I know Daehyun can be a cold-hearted person but when did he say he hates someone, that he wants them gone from existence?” In response, you shrugged your shoulders and leaned your elbow against the surface of your desk.

 

“Seriously JiHyun, you aren’t even close with each other yet you think he hates you? I bet he’s shy” Yani said slyly, with a smile.

 

Rolling your eyes, you turned back to your assignment in front of you and went back to it. “Whatever” you replied. Shaking her head, Yani smiled a small smile and walked out of the door leaving you alone again.

 

Without anyone looking, you subconsciously pulled out a necklace around your neck and looked at carefully. The sunlight gleamed at it, causing it shine brightly. As you watched it while brushing your fingers over it you smiled bitterly. After a few minutes of looking at the outside of the necklace, you opened it revealing a photo of a family.

 

A woman in her mid or late thirties was in the middle of the photo behind the two boys that were standing straight and tall, showing off their bright smiles. While they were in the front, a girl that looked as she was in her elementary years was standing beside her mother smiling a shy smile to the camera.

 

You smiled at the memory of when you took the photo with your family. It brought you pride to know you were born into such a great family, before sadness loomed over you. The photo also brought the memories of you separating from them and never seeing them again since.

 

‘I miss you all.’ You felt your eyes water before trying to brush them awa

Please log in to read the full chapter