The Autumn Dance.

Autumn Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

You pace back and forth in your room as the time went by, leaving you anxious. Tonight was the night. The Autumn Dance. Your shoulders were stiff and you could feel the cold sweat run down your neck. You were super nervous. Nervous because you never danced before and for the fact that Daehyun was your date.

 

How should you act? Should you be clingy and stay by his side all the time? Should you act carefree and think that everything will be alright? What will happen if he asks you to dance with him? Say yes, no, maybe? So many scenarios of tonight’s event went racing through your head as you tried to figure out, how to act appropriately at the right time.

 

“JiHyun!” your umma calls, startling you.

 

“N-Nae?!” you call back as you slip on your high heels and walk towards the door, stumbling only a little.

 

“Daehyun is here~”

 

You could hear her playful tone through her voice as she talked. Oh how many times she tried and paired you up with boys that seemed ‘perfect’ in her eyes. As you walked down the stairs, gripping tightly on the rail to make sure you weren’t going to fall, you can hear your mother’s giggles.

 

“Oh please do take care of her, she tends to get lost and confused around crowded areas. Oh! And make sure she doesn’t eat a lot of there, she’s on a diet. She told me herself that she’s been growing rounder nowadays-“

 

“Umma!” you exclaim with flushed cheeks, embarrassed that she talking about you like that.

 

“Oh~ Hello dear” she waved innocently before moving aside to reveal Daehyun. You swore you stopped breathing altogether as you saw him. He was in a black tux while wearing a red velvet neck tie and a rose was pinned to the left side of his chest.

 

“Daehyun-uhh-hi,” you stuttered out, feeling only a little disappointed that he was still wearing his mask on. Daehyun nodded in response before waving cutely at you. ‘Why is he so good-looking? Why is that most of the boys are prettier than me? Why?!’ you exclaimed mentally as you waved back.

 

“Shall we go?” he queries, tilting his head to the side causing his bangs to cast shadows around his eyes in a mystifying way. Daehyun in fact was imprinting the view in front of him, in his mind. He seen many beauties before but you were the most beautiful out of all.

 

Your natural beauty just shone in a way he couldn’t express and he loved the colour blue now, thanks to that dress you were wearing. It made your legs look endless and hugged your curves in the right places. He was just thankful that you were wearing a jacket on top, covering your shoulders and part of your chest. If he saw more exposed skin, he wouldn’t be able to keep his mind on track. Cough. Cough.

 

Before you could answer Daehyun, your mother pushed you out of door.

 

“Yes, yes. You should go. Have fun kids! And remember kissing and hugging only~” she giggled, waving goodbye before closing the door on you.

 

“Umma!” you cry out, burying your head in your hands in embarrassment. She didn’t really suggested anything, but it sounded so wrong. Did it not? From behind you could hear coughing/chuckling before Daehyun called out to you. “Nae?”

 

“Let’s go,” he quietly said, extending his arm for you to take. In reply, you nod your head and sling your arm around his before being guided towards a silver car. You halt in your steps as you stare in awe.

 

“You have your own car?” you semi-exclaim. Daehyun nodded, eyes crinkling in amusement.

 

“Let’s go milady, before we get late for the ball,” he teases, opening the passenger door for you. You blink at him before giggling softly.

 

“Alright, let’s go! Off to see my handsome prince!” you add jokingly. As Daehyun entered the car and started the engine, he looked at you with fake pained eyes.

 

“Am I not your prince milady?” he cocked a brow in your direction. You tapped your chin in thought, pretending to think about it. ’Oh definitely, you’re definitely fit for the prince role in my life’, in reply you shrug your shoulders.

 

“Hm-maybe, maybe not. You never know, but I think you’re getting there” you reply playfully, smiling at him. Daehyun snorted in amusement before beginning to drive towards the Hall where the dance was held.

 

“Good enough,” he replies, eyes never leaving the road. ‘if I can be your prince and you can be my princess, then I am content.’

 

The ride then on was silent as you two listened to the radio not bothering to break the silence. Both of you were just happy to have the presence of the other nearby.

 

***

 

“Ready to go in yet?” Daehyun asks, holding onto your arm while you shake your head side to side in response. He sighed as he pulled you closer to him, causing you to flush. “Don’t worry, nothing bad will happen. I’m here.”

 

You stared at him with wonder and appreciation. ‘So cool’ you thought as you look at him from your position in his arms. Shaking your head softly, you nodded at him and gripped onto his arm a little. “L-let’s go in,” you say, still anxious to see the rest of the student body.

 

Daehyun nods at you before taking confident steps towards the entrance with you trying to breathe properly. “I said don’t worry,” he states, glancing at you from the corner of his eyes. You

Please log in to read the full chapter