Family

Autumn Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

You give Daehyun a tight smile as you squeezed his hand in nervousness. You two had decided that you would go public with your relationship, and the first to know would be your family. Planning a family lunch, you invited Daehyun over to officially introduce him as your boyfriend.

 

“Nervous?” Daehyun looked over to you with a crook of a brow. You nodded sheepishly before punching him softly in response.

 

“How are you not nervous? You are the one that’s being introduced to my family, not the other way around!” you cried out as Daehyun chuckled in response. Reaching for the door, you opened it up and entered your home with Daehyun trailing behind. “We’re here!”

 

“Ah, come in-come in!” Your mother’s voice chirped as she entered the doorway. She smiled brightly at you both before staring down at your hands with wide eyes. She looked up and you could see her eyes twinkle. “Could it be?”

 

You laughed nervously at her before nodding your head, declaring that you two are an official couple. Your mother squealed as she ran up to you and squeezed you, almost knocking the life out of you before moving onto Daehyun. “M-mum,” you whined a little as you flush in embarrassment.

 

Daehyun laughed quietly as he patted your mother’s back while she gave him a hug before pulling away. Stepping away from the two of you, she gave you her dazzling smile and clasped her hands together. “I’m so happy for the two of you! I knew you two were meant to be. Now I can have adorable and good-looking grandchildren,” she cooed, cupping her face in delight.

 

You flush a brighter red as you scowled at her before glaring at Daehyun who tried to stifle his laughter. Sighing you pulled Daehyun by the hands and lead him to the dining room. “Let’s just eat please,” you mumble.

 

“Alright, alright. In you go, the table is already set. I made your favourites and even made dessert!” Mrs. Seo responded, coming from behind you and gesturing you and Daehyun to sit. As you were about to sit, your mother gasped.

 

“What’s wrong umma?” you asked.

 

“I forgot the strawberries for the truffles I wanted to make,” she replied with a pout, looking at you with puppy eyes. You knew what those eyes meant and groaned.

 

“Do I have to go and get them?” you whined. Your mother nodded her head furiously before pushing you out the door. “But I don’t want to go!”

 

Daehyun laughed lightly before pushing you out and joining you outside the house. He turned to your mother and smiled. “We’ll go get it eomonim*” he said in your place, grabbing your hand and dragging you off.

 

“Don’t forget the thick cream!” you heard your mum call out to the both of you. Rolling your eyes, you tugged on Daehyun’s hand.

 

“You didn’t have to come with me,” you uttered to him, scrunching your nose in a pouty manner. Daehyun turned to you and gave you a charming smile.

 

“I know.”

 

***

 

“Daehyun, we came to pick out the strawberries and stuff we need, not your boxes of snacks,” you grumbled to him, taking away the box of chocolates in his arms and placing it back on the self. Daehyun let out a light whine before shoving you softly.

 

“But come on, chocolate is the delicious coated brown goodness that you can’t help buy every time you come to a store like this,” he responded, motioning with his hands towards the chocolate aisle. You snorted in reply before turning away.

 

“We are buying strawberries and thick cream, that is all,” you stated, leaving no gaps for back talk. Daehyun pouted and sulked before following you out the aisle.  You found the aisle with the strawberries and proceeded to grab it. When you grab it, a hand flew out and grabbed it as well.

 

A little shocked, your head snapped up to gaze at the intruder. In return, dark brown eyes blinks in shock as they stare at you. “MinAh?” you let out uncertainly. In response, MinAh quickl

Please log in to read the full chapter