Strawberry tarts

Autumn Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

You walk in the kitchen sniffing the beautiful scent of strawberries. Your umma just cooked a batch of strawberry tarts and gawd, your love for food just grew. You went to the batch of tarts cooling on a rack and popped one in your mouth before picking up more and placing them on a plate.

 

Today was lazy day, Saturday. You decided to go outside and read a book out in the sun while eating the delicious tarts your umma cooked. Walking to the backyard, you hum in delight as you pop another tart in your mouth. It just tasted that amazing. Taking a seat at the bench in the yard, you opened the book you brought along while placing the plate of tarts beside you before starting to read.

 

Daehyun then suddenly came into your mind. You remembered the night with him, sharing the moment watching the night sky. You remember how he laughed softly and teased you. Emotions that you never seen him express towards you. You could already picture him, his lovely chocolate brown hair, his toned yet slim body, his eyes. Gawd. Those eyes. They spoke so much words behind his sort of cold exterior, even though he does talk time to time.

 

“JiHyun!” Mrs. Seo called out to you from inside the house. You blinked as your thoughts about Daehyun are interrupted.

 

“N-Nae!?” you call back to her, closing your book in the process.

 

“Could you please go and bring these tarts to Daehyun? I think I made too much,” Mrs. Seo says as you walk into the house with your empty plate of strawberry tarts. You made a face as you look at her with disbelief. “I hope he will like them, I made them with all my heart~”

 

You shake your head at your mum. “Sometimes I wonder if you make a lot on purpose, just to send them off to Daehyun. Why not just hand them to me?” you question with a slight pout. Mrs. Seo frowned a little and shook her index finger in a ‘no’ gesture.

 

“I don’t think so, you will get fat!” she replied with distaste before placing a batch of the pastries in your hands. “Besides, Daehyun-ssi is quite the cutie isn’t he? Are you two dating by any chance?”

 

You turn red at your mother’s words and start to sputter. “W-what—no! Umma, don’t just randomly ask that,” you exclaim, as you pat your cheeks to cool down. Mrs. Seo pouts in response.

 

“I was just asking, no need to be so hyped about it,” she says, pulling you to the door. “But even so, go out with the guy! He’s handsome! You need to start dating someone while you're still young~ that pretty face won’t last forever~”

 

You look at her with a shock and embarrassment. “U-umma!” you cry out but before you could say anything else, you were pushed out the door and the door closed in front of you. “Mou- that umma of mine.” You shake your head in amusement.

 

***

 

With a deep breath you knock on the door. Your heart started to race as you heard the footsteps coming towards you to open up the barrier between you two. When the door opened, it revealed the person who kept running through your thoughts the whole morning.

 

“JiHyun,” Daehyun nods in acknowledgement while racking through his head to figure out the reasons of why you are here. You notice his stare and shift uncomfortably on the spot you are standing on.

 

<
Please log in to read the full chapter