Bitter Daehyun

Autumn Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was weird. You could feel your mind spinning as you remember the times you made eye contact with Daehyun through the window. The past week, every time you would look or face the window, you could see Daehyun on the other side. When you two made eye contact, you would give him a nervous smile while he would turn away.

 

You had to admit, he was acting quite rudely. But you shrugged it off, you were used to it. Even though he would turn away, glare or even scoff at you. You didn’t mind, at least he didn’t pretend you didn’t exist.

 

But for two days, you were unable to see him through the windows. You wondered if he was at home or not. You could see him at school but you were unable to see him at his own home.

 

Your eyebrows furrowed together in curiosity and frustration. Yes you do find Daehyun annoying at times but your small feelings for him hasn’t changed. “I wonder where he is,” you muttered, pouting in frustration.

 

“You know if you keep dazing off like that, you might as well just go to him,” Yani voiced out, entering your room.

 

Turning around in shock, you frowned. “What the…knock will ya unnie?!” you jeer.

 

In return she just scoffed and shook her head. “I’m serious, you look like you are going crazy if don’t see him once a day.”

 

You flushed at her comment and turned away. “Shut up,” you murmur. “I’m just worried something happened.” Yeah, like how he hasn’t popped into your sight for two days.

 

“Mum suggested we, and I mean you, to go over to his house and hand him some cookies and cupcakes she baked,” Yani mentioned. You look straight at her and wondered if she was joking, but by judging the look on her face, she isn’t joking.

 

“Why me?!” you exclaim.

 

“You know him more than me,” she replies.

 

You bang your head against your pillow. “Just because we ‘talk’ to each other for some small time doesn’t mean I know him as well as you think I do,” you counter.

 

“You don’t have a choice, you either go or I chuck out your books on the shelves,” Yani hissed warningly. You gawk at her with an unbelievable expression.

 

“You wouldn’t.”

 

“I would~”

 

With a small growl, you got up from your bed. “Fine,” you said, pouting in defeat. Your precious novels and manga were practically your babies. How dare she treat them like trash and actually suggest throwing them away.

 

“Yahoo! I win!” Yani cheered, holding up her fingers in a V sign. You poke your tongue at her and stomped away towards the kitchen.

 

‘Pabo unnie. I dislike you.’

 

Arriving at the kitchen, you were handed the cookies and cupcakes as a house warming gift to Daehyun since your mum only knew today about him being the new neighbour. “Now go quickly, I bet he must be hungry,” Mrs. Seo chirped as she ushered you out the door.

 

“Okay, okay! I’m going umma,” you responded as you stepped outside after slipping on some slippers (or thongs).

 

***

 

You nervously walked up towards Daehyun’s doorstep and took a deep breath. While exhaling, you could feel yourself shake. You didn’t really have the guts to actually go up to him and see if he was okay, but with your mum urging you, you had to go. Gulping, you knocked on the door and waited for response.

 

Nothing.

 

Again you knocked. Still nothing.

 

“Daehyun-ssi!” you called, while peeking through the windows to see if anyone was home. “I guess he isn’t home.” With a sigh, you started walking away. 

 

As you reached the front gate you turned around unsurely. “Daehyun-ssi,” you whispered hopefully, staring at the door. Like magic, the door cracked open to reveal Daehyun peeping out of his house with one eye.

 

“Daehyun-ssi!” you exclaimed happily. Daehyun looked at you and mumbled under his breathe. “Want some food? My mum cooked them for you!”

 

You could her him clicking his tongue in annoyance before opening the door widely. He outstretched his hand to receive the food. You smiled and walked over to him. “I hope you like them, my mother made with much effort,” you said.

 

Daehyun nodded in response as he took them from you. He looked at you and frowned before nodding again, indicating you could leave now.

 

“At least say thank you, you meanie,” you pouted and crossed your arms.

 

“Thanks,” he replied half-heartedly.

 

You sighed. A whole-heartedly one would be better in your case. “Well…um, enjoy your day” you muttered before walking away. Daehyun stared as you walked away while cl

Please log in to read the full chapter