Oh brother.

Autumn Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

“noona!” “come play with us.”

 

“noona, don’t leave.” “noona, don’t go!”

 

“noona!”

 

You gasp in shock as you woke up from your dream-a faded memory. The dream consisted of many events that included you and your biological brothers. The good and bad times. But the one that was burned into your mind was when you separated from them. Their cries for you kept echoing in your mind. Clutching your head, you trembled.

 

You didn’t like to be reminded of your past. Sure, there were a few good memories of your old family, sure, there were times you treasured the laughter and good times you had but really you wanted to forget the past. Not the people in it, just the past in general. Because really, your past was just filled with pain. There was little happiness. Your past was broken, just like your family.

 

A family that was together, yet so broken at the same time.

 

As you picture your little brothers faces, you clasped your hands together silently praying again that they are alright out there. You prayed that they were safe and in the arms of a good family, a family that could be there for them, a happy family.

 

You sighed, letting your hands rest on your lap. How long has it been since you have seen them? Would they even remember you? Your phone vibrated, startling you. Frowning a little, you picked it up and read the message that was sent.

 

Meet at the park in 15 minutes – Daehyun (future husband)

 

You smiled a little at this. Feeling refreshed from your nap-painfully ignoring you dreamt about your brothers-you ran towards your closet and opened it up. Looking through the clothes, you picked a light cream coloured sweater, a plain white t-shirt, black skinny jeans and boots.

 

Nodding to yourself, satisfied as you looked at the mirror to see your reflection. Done changing, you quickly grabbed your phone and a small sling bag before heading out your bedroom door and out the house while shouting out to your family that you are going out.

 

***

 

“Daehyun!” you called out to him, spotting him standing underneath the oak tree. He was wearing a thick maroon coloured jacket, dark blue jeans, black converse and the scarf you had given him. As you came closer you felt like falling animatedly as you saw him wear the mask again.

 

You gave him a confused look as you stared at the mask some more. Daehyun noticing the stare and his eyes crinkled in amusement before clasping your right hand with his left. He slightly blushed as he was nervous. It’s been a while since he went on a date and not to mention you looked adorable in the oversized sweater.

 

He noticed you wore a lot of oversized clothes that just seem to engulf you. “Ready to go?” he queried, quirking a brow at your direction. You nodded in response before questioning back.

 

“Ready to go where?”

 

Daehyun just shrugged. “Anywhere. Do you have something at mind?” You shook your head in reply, thinking deeply about where to go before looking up with a bright smile.

 

“The Choc’ Café!” you exclaimed, it was your favourite café of Seoul. It’s furniture were mainly wooden and coloured beige or dark oak wood. Their hot chocolate and cookies n cream cake was the best. You looked at Daehyun with pleading eyes. “Let’s go there, please. I haven’t been there in such a long time.”

 

Daehyun chuckled lowly at you before nodding. “Sure.” And with that, you both started to walk towards the café. From a far, you could see the café and bounced in excitement. You started to chant ‘hot chocolate’ while Daehyun’s eyes gleamed in amusement. Maybe he should take you there more since you looked so happy just hearing the name.

 

“I also like bubble tea, bubble tea is amazing~ especially with the pearls inside,” you cooed, swinging your clutched hands slightly as you skipped a little.

 

“Ah, really? Did I mention cheesecake is my favourite,” Daehyun replied smoothly, watching from the corner of his eyes.

 

You hummed in response before you started to sing softly “bubble, bubble, bubble tea, bubble, bubble, tea, tea~” You could hear Daehyun snorting in amusement at your small chant, and you gave him a pointed look.

 

“Bubble tea is amazing okay?”

 

Shaking his head, he looked forwards with a sniff. “Cheesecake is better,” he replied shortly. You gasp at him, cheesecake? Better than bubble tea? Hell noh. You shook your head vigorously.

 

“No way, bubble tea,” you argued, pouting at him-daring him to retaliate. And he did just that.

 

“Cheesecake is the best and you, my dear girlfriend has not yet experienced the awe sensation as it melts on your tongue as you eat it. That is why you think bubble tea is the best, but wait til I feed you my favourite cheesecake flavor. You will love it.”

 

You stared at him. That was the longest time you heard him speak and it was about cheesecake. You snorted in response, poking your tongue at him. “Whatever, I still say bubble tea is more amazing,” you say, pushing the door to the café open as you and Daehyun entered.

 

Daehyun rolled his eyes before smiling softly at you. He found it adorable on how much you love your bubble tea, but in the back of his mind he was chanting that cheesecake was the best and he will make you change your mind about it.

 

Entering the café, you looked around the place to find any free tables. Finding one, you mentally reserved that for you two and walked up to the counter to order. The man with glasses behind the counter smiled friendly at you. “What would you like to order miss?”

 

You scanned the menu board before nodding to yourself. “I would like one hot chocolate, an apple pie and-“ staring at Daehyun you waited for him to order something as well. Daehyun coughed lightly and added.

 

“another hot chocolate and one red velvet cheesecake.” The man nodded in confirmation and typed it in. You paid for the order before dragging Daehyun to the free table to menta

Please log in to read the full chapter