We're neighbours

Autumn Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Playing nervously with your hair, you huffed as you waited for the bus today. You were heading home from a normal day of school and you couldn’t wait to get out of your uniform. And you couldn’t wait to not see Daehyun around. You have to admit, you started feeling frustrated towards him like he did to you.

 

“JiHyun,” your sister called, “are you okay?”

 

You frowned a little before nodding. “Yes unnie. I’m fine,” you replied.

 

“You don’t seem okay though,” Yani responded, crossing her arms. “You look tired and frustrated.”

 

You sighed. You could never hide things from her easily. Shaking your head, you tried to reassure her. “I’m fine unnie, I really am.”

 

Yani gave a suspicious look before nodding slowly. “Okay. But if something is bothering you, please tell me. Okay?” she said. You gave her a small smile and nodded your head at her. Yani smiled and turned away to check her phone.

 

The bus arrived few minutes later and both of you boarded. Without paying too much attention to your surroundings, you just sat at an empty spot while Yani sat next to you. Placing the two earphones in your ears, you listened to the music while watching streets pass by. When the bus arrived at your street, Yani climbed off the bus as you followed behind her.

 

“Hey unnie,” you called. “You go ahead, I’m just going to somewhere for a little while.”

 

“Okay. Be careful!” Yani replied as you walked away from her slowly. You waved in response before disappearing at the corner of the street.

 

***

 

You sipped on your strawberry milk as you kicked pebbles near you. You couldn’t help but think back towards the day where Daehyun had found you crying. You flushed pink in embarrassment when you remembered how you acted.

 

You were walking away from the convenient store with strawberry milk in hand before hearing some laughs not far away from you. Like a curious girl you were, you turned your head to the side to see who was laughing before turning away quickly.

 

You had just saw the kingka group of your school hanging out with each other and laughing at a joke Himchan had made. ‘Shiet. I need to get out of here!’ you thought to yourself as you quicken your pace.

 

“Hey isn’t that JiHyun?” you could hear Himchan’s voice say loudly.

 

“Pabo! Why would he say that,” you hissed, gripping your strawberry milk tightly as you try to speed walk away from them.

 

“Hey JiHyun!” Himchan called. You cringed at this before halting and turning around slowly pretending like you just saw them.

 

“N-nae?” you responded nervously.

 

Himchan grinned as you turned to face them. He waved at you like he usually does to every girl he meets outside of school. “Hey JiHyun! What are you doing here?” he questioned as he got closer to you, leaving his group.

 

You gulped as you glanced from him to Daehyun, multiple of times. “I was just getting a small refreshment since I live close by,” you answered warily.

 

“Ah! You live here as well?” Himchan exclaimed happily. Yo

Please log in to read the full chapter