Formal Dress

Autumn Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I don’t want to be here,” you huffed out, crossing your arms in an irked manner. In response your sister Yani, rolls her eyes and grabs your wrist before pulling you towards a dress shop.

 

The Autumn Dance was in two weeks and you realized you didn’t have a dress to go in or a date to go with. Yani, being the kind sister and fashionista of the family, took you to the mall to buy a dress. You love your sister as much as you love your graphic novel books, but sometimes the choices she makes for you, irked you a lot.

 

“Can’t we go get it next time eonnie?”

 

“No,” Yani replies, “the sooner the better, besides I have to get one for myself too.”

 

“Lair,” you mutter. That was just an excuse to drag you here to the shop and play doll.

 

When you both entered the dress shop, you looked around and cringed. So many dresses, so many frills, so girly. Not that you didn’t have a girly side, it’s just that dresses didn’t really suit you like how jeans and track pants do.

 

“How about this one?” Yani queries, holding up a fluorescent yellow with polka dots.

 

“It beautiful, I’m going to shine like the sun,” you sarcastically reply. Yani catches the tone and pouts.

 

“But it’s cute.”

 

“You think it’s cute,” you snap back, groaning as she tried to pick up another dress that had a bright colour. “Can’t you pick something more simple with a nice colour.”

 

Yani sighs and place the dress she was holding back on to the rack. “Your wardrobe is plain and dull. The only colours I see there are various shades of blue to black and if you look close enough there is only like three clothes that are yellow or red.”

 

“Hey,” you responded. “Black is an awesome colour, it suits everything.”

 

“Sometimes I wonder if you have a life,” Yani retorts, running her fingertips against the fabric of the dresses as she walks down the aisle.

 

“ouch, that hurt.”

 

Yani chuckles lowly before spotting a nice dark shade of blue dress. It was a sleeveless dress that could hug the hips and show of the woman’s curve. The lower part of it runs all the way down to floor barely touching the surface, while there was a slit on the right side of dress.

 

Yani grabs it and scans it before putting it against you, making sure it looked nice against your complexion. “Nice,” you whistled. Yani grinned, satisfied with your expression – “but it shows a lot of skin” – until then.

 

“Oh come on,” Yani groans, gripping on the dress. “It’s a beautiful dress that shows your figure nicely, not only that, the colour matches your skin tone and compared to dresses I have seen the other female students wear, this barely exposes much.”

 

You let out a sigh in defeat. “Fine. Take that one.”

 

Yani squealed softly before grabbing another dress for herself and heading towards the register counter. You followed behind her in silence as you glare daggers into the dress picked out for you. You like it and all, but that didn’t change your dislike towards

Please log in to read the full chapter