Chapter 21

Knowing The Truth Hurts

Yaerin’s POV

You gasped as two warm hands wrapped around your waist while you awaited your great fall with your eyes closed. You slowly opened your eyes conscious of the broad body which your back was pressed against. You could feel him breathing beside your right ear. Your heartbeat speed accelerated and you felt as if the time has stopped right there. The only thing you are conscious of right now is the warm body who was holding you. The only thing you can feel right now is the strong hands that was keeping you from falling on to the floor. The only thing that you can hear is the person’s fast unsteady breathing against your ears. The only thing that you could think about was the hot air that brushed against your neck which surely raised goosebumps on your skin.

“You should be more careful when walking you know. I might not be there to save you everytime.” A husky manly voice whispered at your ear. You really didn’t need to think twice to figure out to whom that voice belongs to. He distanced himself a little from you and shifted his hands on your waist to your shoulder and his other hand took the bag away from you. Honestly if you were in the right state of mind you wouldn’t have allowed what happened in the next few minutes to happen but of course you were not at all in the planet earth. That’s how he managed to take you to the seat at the back which he was previously sitting and that’s also how you two guys ended up sitting next to each other through out your little trip.

Your phone and Yongguk’s phone beeped at the same time. It was a text from Mi Na.

To:Yongguk and Yaerin

I am just sending Yaerin unnie and Yongguk oppa the same message.

Yaerin unnie, I am sorry that you cant join us becuz of what happened so I hope u had take this chance and give Yongguk oppa a chance to explain himself since he is trying so hard.

And Yongguk oppa, so here is the thing I told u before. So take your chance and explain yourself to unnie and don’t make my efforts to make this chance happen go down as waste. In case you are going to become a coward and do something you will regret, let me remind you of the consequences you will face like for example I will personally kick your infront everyone at school arraso?

PS.Hana unnie said that you guys can meet us at Han River at 5:45 pm so don’t worry and take your time and meet us together after solving out whatever problem you guys had.

From: Mi Na

“Oh dear god don’t tell me this your wonderful plan that you wouldn’t tell me before. I just cant believe this”

“Oh please Mi Na! I am so like 100% sure that you made me stuck in this bus on purpose. You are such a good actress. I cant believe I fell for this”

You and Yongguk both muttered to yourself and as soon as you heard he what he was you turned to him. He also turned to face you at the exact moment.

“Mi Na” you both said in unision and broke into laughter. The surprising thing was it was so good to laugh after a long time. The feeling is just so great and you were out of breath soon.

“so you know since you are laughing and all I guess you are not that mad so would you mind if we could talk you know about the stealing incident. Can you please just listen to me this one time and hear me out huh? I really don’t like whats happening to us now.” Yongguk asked you with pleading eyes and you couldn’t help to notice how much serious he was about it. *Since he asked sincerely maybe I should just hear his side of story*

You sighed and looked at his face. “Okay since you asked nicely I will give you a chance.but first lets get out of the bus huh? And talk comfortably neh?” you smiled a little and got up from the seat and headed towards the bus door and Yongguk followed you cheering himself “Assa”.

“So tell me what you want to say. I am listening.” You asked Yongguk as you crossed your hand on your chest while walking on the pavement beside Yongguk.

“Uhm you see last week at the lab. I am really sorry I accused you for stealing that time. Later Youngjae got me this phone recording between Eunsoo and her friend it turned out that she framed you by putting the ring into your bag. Apparently I fell for the trap. I found out about it I went over to your house and found you all sick and angry not wanting to talk to me obviously. I feel really guilty and I am so sorry for saying those harsh words. Although this may sound as an excuse but at that moment I was not thinking rational at all. The ring was really precious that’s the only thing that is left as the reminder of my dead parents who was found dead in the middle of the night in Lotte’ World. I don’t know why I am telling you these to whom I obviously haven’t known for that long but this explains how much I feeling bad after what I did. So please stop ignoring me and lets just start over as friends since our start was a bad car crash.”Yongguk looked at you and the look in his eyes was sincere and yet so familiar. You felt like you knew him. you felt like you knew the thoughts going around his head. Its like you can see yourself inside him. He was just like you. A scared boy who lost his parents at a young age. Now that you know about it you completely understood his reaction to the situation in the chemistry lab because if it was you, you would have probably done the same thing. That’s who you and Yongguk are. Orphans who lost your parents unfairly.

“I am sorry I didn’t know that your parents were murdered before. I can understand why you did that in the chemistry lab. So that is why you were going to skip on going to Lotte’ World because it would bring about painful memories. Apology accepted. So um friends?” I smiled as I extended my hand for an handshake.

Yongguk returned the smile and shook my hands. “Friends”

“So where were you planning to go initially before Mi Na pulled up the prank?” I asked as I looked around. This place was quiet and very few people around.

“Actually I was going to visit my parents but since you are here we could do something else.” Yongguk said.

“No it’s Fine. You could go and visit them. I can wait.”

“Really? Then if you wouldn’t mind it’s around the corner of this road. You want come with me? Yongguk asked.

“No. its fine I will just wait in that park right there. You would be more comfortable if you are alone.” You said smiling.

Yongguk hesitated but finally gave in. “okay fine. Give me your phone. I will give you my number.”

I gave him my phone and he called his number. “There. call me if something happens.” He gave me the phone.

“ I can handle myself if something happens. Remember I kicked you in the guts psycho.” I .

He gave a gummy smile and said. “is that so? I don’t remember. Doesn’t even ring a bell” he turned around and walked away. Yongguk indeed was a friendly guy. Even though he acts all cocky and arrogant, you have to admit he has a good heart.

You found yourself a bench in the park and too your headset and mp3 player and started listening to some music to pass the time. It was relaxing and peaceful to watch the cute little children play while listening to music. You were lost in your own world when a bunch of yellow roses blocked your eyes from seeing the kids play. You looked up to see who it was.

It was no other person than Yongguk that was standing in front of you holding the beautiful roses. You removed your headsets and looked up at him awed. You were so surprised that you couldn’t move your lips to stay anything. You felt like you were frozen in time.

Yongguk broke you from the trance you were in. “What are you thinking about it huh? Aren’t you going to accept them? Owww don’t tell me. First time receiving flowers from a boy? Don’t worry I am not confessing or proposing right now. If I were doing that it would have been red roses and more grand than that. Just think of it as a friendly gift. Yellow roses are for friendship.” He said cockily smirking teasingly as he moved closer to you.

You took the flowers from him and smiled. “Thank you. They are lovely psycho. This so cute of you.” You cooed and pinched his cheeks. Huh. Payback. Gotcha. You screamed in you head. Now who’s the smart . Hahaha. The look on his face was just priceless.

You quickly got up from the place and ran for your life. “Yaaahh come back here  YAERIN!!!!” You laughed as you ran with the flowers. “try and catch meeeee” you turned around stuck out your tongue. Yongguk was running like runner in a marathon and he was catching up. You didn’t give up as you put more force in your feet and ran as fast as you could. Two hand s around your waist and slightly lifted you from the ground.

“huh huh gotcha huh” Yongguk said against your ear breathing heavily. You were also gasping for air and short of breath due to the running. “Let go of me Yongguk” you said laughing. “nope. Not until you take back your words. I am not cute. It’s worse for a man to be called cute than a psycho.” Yongguk argued.

“fine. Let go of me or the flowers might get ruined. I take back my words.” You giggled evilly as he let go of you. “Psycho!” you . “You know it was me who first called you psycho you copycat.” Yongguk pouted and flicked on your forehead. “hey what was that for?!” you shouted at him. “Punishment for copying me.” He replied smugly. “Now let’s go somewhere else. We still have an hour. Is there any place you want to go?” Yongguk asked. “hmm I know how about some ice-cream?”you suggested because it was kind of a hot day and you were carving for some ice-cream.

“Ice-cream it is. Let’s go get your bags. I saw an ice-cream shop on my way to the park” Yongguk said and we went got my bags.

We teased each other on our way to the ice-cream store.

“You take a seat I will come with the ice cone. Which flavor do you want?” Yongguk asked you as you entered the store. “Uhmm get me something with chocolate flavoured” you replied. Yongguk nodded and went to the counter.

He came back in a few minutes with two ice cones and gave one to me.

“Thanks” I said I took the ice cone. I some. “Mm this tastes delicious don’t you think?”

You asked Yongguk. He nodded. “It is better than the ice-cream in America” he said.

“So how was America?” You asked.

“just the same as here. But the girls there are too wild than here. They used to follow me everywhere I go. Well I can’t blame them. Nobody can rest resist my good looks. They worship me. I get a new girlfriend every week.” He replied proudly and winked.

I scoffed. “Oh my god. You are so full of yourself. Mr.Arrogant”

“It’s a gift. My manly charisma”

“Oh ho ow. I feel so bad for the girls you have dated. They must be so broken hearted”

“Don’t worry you should be feeling happy for the girl that I would marry. When I find her she will be the first person who would last more than one month dating me. When I finally meet her, I will be all hers, and we will live happily ever after.” He stopped talking move closer to my face. “There is something on your cheeks. “Where?” You touched your cheek “here?” you asked.

“No here” he smirked and brushed his ice cone on your other cheek. “YAAA! Bang Yongguk you didn’t know who you are messing with” You quickly shoved your ice cone on to his forehead. The ice-cream dripped down from his forehead to his nose tip. He looked horrible. You quickly took your phone and took a picture as he glared at you. “Say cheese” you snapped a photo and laughed. “You are on” Yongguk growled as he launched forward with his ice cone to get revenge.

In the end it turned out to an ugly ice cone fight and we had to apologize to the store owner for creating such a mess. You and Yongguk cleaned yourself in the washroom. There were still some ice cone stains in your dress but you managed to make them pretty invisible. When you were finished cleaning yourselves up it was 6:15 pm and you were late. So you and Yongguk decided to go home without going to Han River. You called and Told Hana while Yongguk Called his driver to pick us up since we do not know where the hell we were. He dropped me off to my house and we said good night. you had to admit that you had never had that much fun in a while. Giving Yongguk a chance was totally worth it.

 

 

 


Hello everyone!
Here is a long chapter for you. what do you think of the story so far? please comment and let us know wht you think about it. Thankyou all the the subscribers commenters and upvoters. please continue supporting. Saranghaeyo <3