Chapter 19

Knowing The Truth Hurts

After my friends left for class, I decided to skip the rest of classes too.  After all even if I attended I am sure I won’t be able to concentrate.  So might as well get out of here and peacefully think this through.

I went inside my car and drove the car at a very high speed letting out all the anger in me. Part of me wanted to run back to school and get that beaten up like hell. However, the fact that she is a girl kept me from doing so. Also I couldn’t put all the blame on that as it was partly my fault that I was such a foolish lunatic to fall into Eunsoo’s trap.

I feel ashamed of myself, now that I think about all those hateful words I said to Yaerin putting all the blame on her. But what can I do at that time, I was so upset about losing the ring and it was found in Yaerin’s bag. The fact that it was Yaerin who stole the ring was the only logical explanation that I could think of that time. But now that I know the whole story behind this I feel so bad for Yaerin since I shouted at her telling how she was a thief when she was innocent all along. I must have left a big scar on her heart as I feel like I could still the teary eyes and her hurtful expression in front of my eyes.

Should I visit her? Maybe I should go and apologize. I wonder how she is doing. I hope she is not too sick.

 I turned my car and headed to Yaerin’s house.  I drove around the block about 3 to 4 times debating whether to go or not. In the end, I decided to go home and take a bath and change into new clothes before going over to her house. It was just an excuse to delay my visit to her house. Truthfully I was scared. I was afraid that she will not be able to forgive me.

*It’s now or never Yongguk…* I said to myself as I drove the car to Yaerin’s house. It was around seven in the evening and I parked my car around the corner of the house. I waited inside the car and thought about what to say to Yaerin on my mind. *Gosh, how hard can a simple apology get.* This is even much more nerve wrecking that when I first participated on a rap battle.

I walked out of my car and stopped in front of the door. *Maybe I should practice what I should say when someone opens the door.* I looked around making sure no one was around.

“Anyeongahaseyo! Can I please talk to Lee Yaerin”

“No no no , that is too impolite. I should first introduce myself”

“Anyeonghaseyo! I am Bang Yongguk. *Bow* I am a class mate of Yaerin-sshi. I came to see how she was doing since she was absent today…..”

Someone patted on my back. I closed my eyes and swallowed. *Don’t tell me someone heard me doing that! I  will die of embarrassment* I swallowed my pride and turned to see who it was.

“Excuse me, but what are doing here talking to yourself? I heard what you were saying though. Are you looking for Yaerin?” A man who was in middle age asked me.

*Aah! This is so embarrassing. Now he will think I am a psycho.* I realized that he was waiting for me to answer.

“Uhm….. Neh….. Yaerin- sshi was ab- absent so I … uhm came to visit her” I shuttered. *Ah why am I so nervous?*

The man flashed a bright smile and put an arm around my shoulder. “Oh! Why didn’t you say so? You must be a really good friend to her. This Is the first time a boy has come to visit her.”

“It’s not that. I also want to apologize to her since we had a misunderstanding. I feel really guilty about it.” I was taken back when he put an arm around my shoulder but when he smiled, my fears and nervousness disappeared. He seemed like a really cool guy and I felt comfortable with him. He opened the door and we walked in.

Since I didn’t want him to get a wrong Idea about my visit I decided to tell him why I came here.

“Oh then don’t worry then. I will help you out” Then he winked at me. Before I could say anything Mi Na came running towards him and hugged him. “Appa! I missed you so much. Why didn’t you tell me you were coming back home today? Mi Na kissed her father on his cheek.

Her father chuckled and ruffled her hair. “Aigoo, I guess you are still my baby girl. I wanted to surprise you, Yaerin and your Mom… By the way Yaerin’s classmate is here to visit her. Where is she?” He asked Mi Na. Mi Na finally looked away from her father and finally looked at me.

She was surprised at first , then she narrowed her eyes. I gave a small apologetic smile. Then she smiled and looked back at her father. “Yaerin unnie is upstairs in her room, Omma went to check up in her and to tell her to come down stairs for dinner.  She will be down in a moment. Appa lets go and eat, I am just about to finish setting the table.” Mi Na told him and left into the kitchen.

Mi Na’s father put his hand on my shoulder. “Come on, let’s go. It’s almost dinner time. You should eat dinner with us. Don’t even think of skipping it cause I won’t take no for an answer.” He told me before I could reject the offer.

I took a seat and after a few minutes Mi Na , Yaerin and their mom came. I introduced myself to their mom. During the whole time Yaerin only glared at me once when she first saw me. After that she didn’t even look at me. She must be really angry. She won’t even glare at me anymore. Its like I am not even there. It would make me feel a whole lot better if she glared at me rather than ignoring me. *This is going to be harder than I thought* I stared at her face. She looked really pale and she would cough once in a while. She would rub her forehead. I couldn’t help but wish that I could take away her pain. Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim finished and went outside to watch TV. I took the chance to talk to Yaerin.

“Yaerin, can I talk to y----“  before I could finish my sentence, Yaerin interrupted me. “I am going to bed, I am not feeling well” she said in a monotonous tone and walked out dining leaving me and Mi Na alone. I felt someone stabbed me in the heart. There was a sharp pain on my chest and I felt like I would just loose all my strength in a second. I just sat there shocked and not knowing what else to do.

Mi Na broke the silence. “You do realize that Yaerin Unnie doesn’t want to talk to you or even see you. Then why did you bother to come here?”

 

I sighed and took a breadth in. I felt like such an idiot and I can tell Mi Na was also not at all happy about the recent incidents. So I told her everything starting from beginning till the end. She was quietly for a while thinking and then she said with a small smile forming on her face. “I think I can help you. I know just the perfect thing to do.”

Glad that she was on my side I asked. “Tell me about it. I am all ears.”

........................................................................................................

Hello everyone

I am ssooooo sorry for not updating for a long time. We had mock exams these two weeks and we were really busy. Actually this is all my fault as i had already wrote the chapter and i always forgot to give the chapter to ohyeahzelo to type it. So once again i am really sorry. We will update much more often after november when our exams are over. For now just bear with us with the slow updates. still i will try my best to update as often, 

thank you all for your support and please continue doing so. Byee XD