Chapter 16

Knowing The Truth Hurts

You let down your hair on your face and walked out of the school keeping your head down. You didn’t want any of your school mates to see the stonehearted you crying. You decided to skip school as you were like feeling like crap. You texted Eunchae and Mi Na saying that you were not feeling well, so you are going home early.


Just as you stepped out of the school it started raining. *Great! Just great! I guess the world has something against me!* you didn’t even have an umbrella with you. However you were not in a mood to care about getting yourself wet. So you just walked to your house, tears oozing from your eyes as you walked. Your face was just lifeless and thanks to the rain you didn’t need to hide the tears from anyone.

 

People passing by was staring at you like you was some crazy person getting drenched in rain. But you didn’t give a damn and just continued to walk.
People may see you as the strong girl from the outside but the truth is that you are a soft, weak girl in the inside. You just couldn’t take it when someone just accused you for stealing and when a person you have known for a while did not believe in you and just believed something a stranger has said over you. Well that was okay if he ended with that. However, he just had to bring in your parents into this too and that’s the main reason why you couldn’t take it. The mention of parents had just made you think about your tragic, sad and miserable past that you tried to run away from.

 

 It did hurt when he brought up that topic up. Because you knew what it felt to lose your parents at such a young age and also knew how important they were. People say that after losing something, you will only what you had was a treasure.


You reached your home and went inside the house. Luckily, Mi Na’s Mom was still at work. You went to your room and threw your backpack on the bed and went to take a hot shower. After taking the shower you wore your pajama and threw your self on the bed. Within no second your eyes felt heavy and you fell asleep. 


[Dream]
You were running away from the same familiar scene with her right beside you. You can hear the loud foot step of some running behind you probably to get both of you. You knew he was your enemy and that you had to run away from him. You[ were running as fast as you can panting and then to your annoyance, your feet tripped on a rock and you fell on your face making things much more worse. Pain struck your knees and your elbows. You did not even have enough energy to get up. *No! I cant give up! I should run away!* you got up with difficulty and started to run. Then you heard the gun shot. Three of them. You noticed that the girl that was beside you a while ago was now not within your sight. Fear, misery ran through your nerves. 
“NOO!” You cried.
[End of Dream]
“NOOO!” You screamed your voice out. You were panting and your whole body felt damp as you were sweating. You looked at the surrounding to find that you were in your room, with the familiar peach walls, and you were safe in your own bed. 
You let out a sigh of relief.
“Eonnie! Are you alright? What happened? Mi Na hastened into your room with Eunchae and Ayemee right behind her. Mi Na found you in your bed  tears streaking down from your eyes. Mi Na got onto your bed and hugged you. She your hair to comfort you and whispered. “Its just a dream! Its just another bad dream.”
“Does she still have nightmares about that incident Eonnie?” Ayemee asked Eunchae seeing you in that state. “Yeah, I guess so. I thought it had stopped but I guess she still get the night mare from her past.” Eunchae said looking at you with a concerned face.
You cried a little until you finally calmed down. “Thank you Mi Na for always being with me “You mumbled. “It’s nothing Eonnie. You are the sister I never had. “Mi Na said.
“Achoo!” You sneezed. Eunchae came and rested her hands on your forehead. “Oh my god Yaerin! You are burning hot! Don’t tell me you walked to your house in the rain.” Eunchae exclaimed. You sniffled and nodded your head avoiding meeting her eyes.*Well that explain the horrible headache and my sore throat*
“Hey what happened to you, Yaerin Eonnie ? Did something happen? Why did you leave the school so suddenly?” Ayemee asked In a low caring voice as she sat on the bed putting an arm around your shoulder.
Your brain recalled why you decided to leave school. It hurts so much and it gave you so much pain, that you didn’t even want to talk about it. However, these people were your closest friends you knew. And keeping it a secret with them would be bad plus telling them will lessen your pain. After all your heart would feel much more lighter after sharing your pain. So you told them everything from A to Z. By the time you finished you felt the pain has reduced by a little bit. 
You heard a cracking sound as soon as you finished telling them what happened. You looked at the source of the sound to see Eunchae crushing the water bottle which was in her hands. Her hands was shaking were shaking when she successfully destroyed the bottle got up and screamed. She looked so furious and she seemed like she could even destroy the Great Wall of China. She was fuming with anger.
“Yongguk You ing bastard jerk! Does he have a rock in his head instead of a brain. Seriously, doesn’t he know when someone is lying? I cant believe he just believed that not even caring to know your explanation for this.ARRGH! I AM GOING TO GIVE THAT STUPID JERK A PIECE OF MY MIND!” She screamed like a mad person and you all looked at her.
“Yah Eunchae calm down!” You intended to scold at her but your voice was hoarse. Maybe because you screamed too much because of the dream.
“All of you just don’t do anything stupid or confront Yongguk. I don’t want to create a mess. This is between us. So please for me just don’t say anything to him!” You said.
“Okay, I guess it is better we don’t get involved in it because it might make things even worse.” Ayemee agreed with you.
“Thanks you guys are the best.” You smiled softly at them. 
All those times Mi Na was silent. You wondered why. It’s unusual for Mi Na to just sit like that. She is also the type to react to this like exactly like Eunchae did. 
“Okay! Eonnie, I don’t think you will be well to go to school tomorrow. Oh and I will bring some medicine for you” Mi Na jumped up of the bed and went to get the medicine. *It’s good that I got sick. I seriously don’t want to meet Yongguk tomorrow. I better just sit at home and do nothing* I thought in my mind. 
Your thoughts were cut off by a certain ring tone. You saw that it was Ayemee phone and she brightened up as she saw whose message it was from. 


To Ayemee:
Hey! Aye, I am in front of Yaerin’s house right now
From Youngjae


“Is it Youngjae?” You asked. “Hmm he is here to pick me up. We were going to go on a date. Maybe I should stay here since you are sick. We can go on a date another time” Ayemee asked feeling guilty. She didn’t feel like going and having fun while his cousin was having a hard time.
“No its okay. You and Youngjae haven’t hanged out much since you got here so go and have fun. I will be fine. Don’t worry about me that much.Plus Eunchae and Mi Na are there to take care of me.” You smiled. You didn’t want her to cancel her date with Youngjae just because you were not feeling well. Ayemee also deserves a nice date with her boyfriend.
“Okay thanks Eonnie. Get well soon. Call me in case if you need anything ok! Bye!” Ayemee smiled at got out of the room merrily probably excited about date. 


………………………………………………………………………………………….

Hi Everyone!

Here is the 16th chapter for you guys. Sorry for the late update. We were actually going to update yesterday but the editing and other things took some time.

So things are really bad between Yaerin and Yongguk.*evil smirk*

What do you think will happen to them?? :o

Please comment and subscribe. Your comments really motivate us to write new chapters XD

Love you all <3