Chapter 21

Fated

Sohyun bit her lip as she looked at L.Joe who had become very quiet. She could tell that the accident had a very big impact on him. She could tell that is why he was always so quiet and cold towards others.

“It wasn’t your fault” Sohyun said as she placed her hand on top of his.

“I was actually 11 when it happened...I had run away from home and Minsoo hyung was chasing me...trying to get be back home” he explained.

Sohyun gasped and L.Joe looked at her with a bitter smile.

“You can run away now...like everyone else” he says to her instead she hugs him.

“I’m not going to run...because I know you”

“Pst...kiss her already!”

Sohyun and L.Joe broke apart to see Yongguk and Yedam there.

“But”

“No buts! I approve” Yongguk said making the two blush.

-o-

“Erm...I’m going to leave” Dongwoon said as he escapes from the awkwardness of his room.

Junhyung did not stop him and Gayoon stayed quiet.

Stupid! Why did you cry in front of him?!

Gayoon scolded herself.

“You want to tell me what’s going on?” he asked.

She shook her head no.

“Tell you what...I’ll tell you my secret and you tell me yours...ok?” he asked.

He didn’t know why he said that. No one knew about his abusive father other then Dongwoon so why was he so willing to tell her.

Gayoon thought about it for a while before nodding.

Junhyung took a deep breath before explaining.

“You have to promise me to not make a big deal about it...and you cannot try to do anything about it either”

Gayoon nodded again.

“My father...is abusive towards me and my mom” he said and Gayoon’s eyes widen as she realised that the black and blue marks on his mom’s marks were probably from his dad.

“He always was since I was young...we couldn’t do anything about it because he would always catch us and beat us even more...” he said while looking at Gayoon with a sad smile.

“Junhyung...thanks” she said as she took hols of his hands.

Junhyung somehow felt happy as her small hands held his big ones and he felt warmth spreading around his body.

“Now...it’s your turn”

“As you know...I live alone. At a young age I was always left at my cousin’s house and his family because my parents were on business trips and whatever else...but then an accident in America ended it all...my aunt and uncle couldn’t afford to look after another child with them already having six sons so I was put in an orphanage...the one I still visit. I wasn’t there to be adopted...I was just there. My aunt and uncle tried to provide for me as much as they could. Once I was 16, I was allowed to get a job and since then I have been trying to pay back my aunt and uncle but they never took my money...and today when L.Joe confessed about the accident it all came crashing back at me. I don’t hate L.Joe...it just came as a shock”

Gayoon was shaking again so he hugged her and she slowly calmed down.

-o-

“Yes”

The one word alone had such an impact on both Jihyun and Hyungsik.

“Will you come in and join me and my family for dinner?” she asked once they had reached her place.

“I’ll be glad” he said with a smile.

“This is the first time in years since I brought a boy over” Jihyun said and Hyungsik held her hand.

“I’m special then”

“Don’t be so big headed”

When they walked in Woohyun whistled and Jihyun glared at him. Her mom smiled at them and told them that she had just finished making dinner.

They all sat down to eat and Woohyun finally asked.

“Noona...are you two together?”

“Woohyun...he more polite” their mom said but she also looked at Jihyun and said “Are you?”

Hyungsik laughed as Jihyun turned a bright shade of red from embarrassment.

“To put it simply yes, we are” Jihyun said as she huffed.

“Wow! Noon! I’m so happy for you!” Woohyun said and cheered.

Jihyun’s mom clapped and said “It’s really great news!”

After dinner Jihyun and Hyungsik went to her room.

“Since, we are together...I think it’s ok to let you know” Jihyun said as she locked the door.

She then opened a drawer and pulled out an old picture.

“This is my dad...he abounded me, my mom and brother” she said.

“Is that why you had a hard time trusting me?” he asked her and she nodded.

“That and the fact that I was in a long term relationship and he...well let’s just say it didn’t end too well for me...he on the other hand is getting married”

“Don’t worry...noona...no, Jihyun. I will take care of you”

-o-

“I knew it all long”

“Unnie...you can do better than him”

“I had a crush on him when I had just started to work at his company...but now my feelings are coming back” Jiyoon said sadly.

Hyuna was quiet for a while.

“Unnie...I don’t think he is a bad guy” Hyuna said before bidding her farewell and hanging up.

Hyuna sighed as she looked out her window. It was 11 o’clock in the morning right now and she wondered if she should call Dongwoon or maybe she should wait until he does.

Her question was answered when she received a call from Dongwoon.

“Hey Hyuna! Come over my place I want to show you something!” he said in his usual cheerful tone which made Hyuna smile.

“Sure...I’ll be there now” she replied before hanging up and making her way to his apartment.

She knocked on his door and he opened the door to greet her with a big smile on his face.

“Come on!” he said as cheerful as ever.

“Ok...don’t act like you are on a sugar rush” she said with a laugh.

“Hi Hyuna”

Hyuna froze and turned to the direction.

“D-dad!”

-o-

Jiyoon was packing her things. She was done. Her feelings for Kyuhyun were coming back and he clearly didn’t feel the same so there was no point.

“What are you doing?”

“Leaving...go find another girl to play with...I’m done” she said as she blinked back some tears.

“What do you mean?” he asked her.

“I know you don’t love me like I do!”

“L-love?”

Her eyes widen as she realised what she had said.

“Forget it! I’m leaving!” she said as she grabbed her luggages and tried to leave but he grabbed her hand.

“You love me?”

“I said forget it!” she tried to free herself from her grip.

“Never” he whispered as he pulled her in to hug her.

“I love you too”

“Don’t lie to me!” she pushed him away.

“I know you have been going out with other girls!”

“Who? Yoona? She is my friend’s girl. They are having an anniversary so I was just helping her out with picking a present” he explained.

“By going to dinner with her?” she asked him.

“I met her at the restaurant but we couldn’t go shopping because I met a friend there”

Jiyoon froze. She remembered Hyuna saying that Kyuhyun wasn’t a bad guy. She felt herself being pulled in for another hug.

“Jeon Jiyoon...will you marry me for real...maybe not now but later when we get to know each other better”

Jiyoon found herself smiling.

“Yes”

-o-

Sohyun’s phone rang and she wondered who was bothering her this early in the morning. She reached for her phone and saw it was Gayoon calling her.

“Hi unnie” she greeted her tiredly.

“Sohyun-ah...can you tell L.Joe that I’m ok and that I don’t think he was at fault at all” Gayoon said.

Sohyun was suddenly wide awake.

“Could you explain yourself unnie” she said.

“There were always people out there trying to kill my parents...and I was told that the brakes on my parents’ cars were hijacked. I believe that my dad purposely turned the car to save L.Joe and his friends” Gayoon explained.

Sohyun’s eyes widen.

“Really unnie?”

“Yes...will you tell him?”

“Yes! Yes I will!”

As soon as she hung up she called L.Joe and told him exactly what Gayoon had just told her. Sohyun could tell that L.Joe was happy.

“Sohyun-ah...thank you. As soon as you entered my life...it has only gotten better”

-o-

Gayoon held her breath as she waited.

She promised she wouldn’t do anything but how could she not? She heard the screams and she bit her lip.

“Let go of me you bastard!”

Gayoon was hiding as she watched the police take away Junhyung’s father while another comforted his mom while Junhyung just stood there in shock.

The police finally approached Gayoon and she decided it was ok to reveal herself now. When Junhyung saw her he was shocked. She smiled at him but he only stared. She started to walk towards him.

“You gave me happiness so I returned the favour” she said with a small smile on her face.

“Thank you...for everything. Not just this but just for being here” he said as he hugged her.

“Yong Junhyung...I hated you  when we first met but now it’s the exact opposite”

-o-

“Why did you leave?” Hyuna asked.

“It was your grandmother...she did not approve of my marriage with your mother so I had to hide for a while or else she would have hurt both of you...I kept on looking over you silently” he explained and Hyuna nodded.

“The money...all of it...was from you” Hyuna stated and her dad nodded.

“I also had Dongwoon here look out for you” he said.

“And that was why he was always so persistent” Hyuna said and both her dad and Dongwoon nodded.

“I’m just glad you are ok...let’s go see mom now” Hyuna said and stood up.

“Before that...I already asked Dongwoon about this and he said it would be up to you” her dad said and Hyuna asked what it was.

Dongwoon stood up and kneeled in front of her.

“Will you marry me?”

There was no need to think. Her childish crush was gone and she knew she only liked...no loved one person.

“Yes”

Yay! Everyone is finally together! Whoop! But I said two more chapters so what could I possibly have in stored for the final chapter? Well you are gonna have to leave a comment and hope I update soon! So bye for now! Also, I’m going to shamelessly advertise my Joehyun oneshot on tumblr which I wrote for my friend’s blog. Check it out HERE!