Chapter 17

Fated

The girls silently worked in the cafe. There is no loud chattering between them and Jihyun knows why. She sighs and stops working.

“You guys are allowed to jump around bout their wedding you know...I’m not gonna say anything”

Everyone was silent for a while before everyone started to talk about the exciting news.

“I got the invite!” Hyuna said happily as she jumped up and down with Sohyun.

“I’m so happy for unnie!” Sohyun said.

“Ah! I haven’t told unnie I moved!” Jiyoon said when she realised that is why she had not got the invite yet.

Jiyoon went to make a call to Gina.

Jihyun sighed and carried on cleaning.

“W-what’s going on?”

“Jihyun!”

Jihyun felt tears in her eyes. Gina gasped.

“Y-you...we...we were engaged” Jihyun said.

“I didn’t know...Doojun! How could you!?” Gina asked in anger.

Doojun didn’t say anything.

Jihyun suddenly felt the weight of the cold ring on her finger. She took it off and left it on the table before leaving without a word.

She hoped he would chase her but he didn’t.

Jihyun shook her head.

Not the time for those memories.

She told herself and suddenly the image of Hyungsik holding her hand and smiling at her appeared in her head and she found herself smiling.

Gayoon looked at Jihyun and sighed. She knew how Jihyun could be, being the oldest an all.

“Jihyun-ah...let’s go take a break while they jump around” Gayoon said and Jihyun agreed.

They sat on the kitchen counter with a mug of coffee each and Gayoon spoke first.

“Are you ok?”

Jihyun smiled.

“I am...I really am”

Gayoon nodded as she can tell that Jihyun is telling the truth.

-o-

It was almost closing time and most of their customers had left. The girls were cleaning when Dongwoon entered the cafe.

“Dongwoon!” Hyuna greeted him with a bright smile.

All the girls were shocked to see Hyuna like that and they started whispering to each other.

“Hey...I came to pick you up” Dongwoon replied with a smile but to Hyuna it didn’t reach his eyes but she didn’t say anything.

“We are almost done so why don’t you sit down for a while” Hyuna said and Dongwoon agreed.

Soon the girls were done and Sohyun got a phone call.

“Anyo oppa” she greeted her bother on the phone.

Hyuna suddenly composed herself and tried to fix her hair. Dongwoon noticed Hyuna’s sudden action.

“Arraso...I will be there now” Sohyun replied before hanging up.

“Alright...everyone can leave now” their boss said and they said their goodbyes before leaving.

Sohyun, Hyuna and Dongwoon walked out together. A car was waiting for Sohyun. Sohyun knocked on the window and Yongguk rolled down the window and greeted them.

Hyuna smiled brightly as she greeted Yongguk and Dongwoon could feel anger bubbling inside him. His hands formed fists and he forced a smile and introduced himself as Hyuna’s friend and neighbour.

“Do you want me to drop you two off?” Yongguk asked.

Hyuna blushed and Sohyun noticed that Dongwoon was being extra quiet so she nudged Hyuna.

“N-no thank you...I have to pick up some stuff for the store so is ok” she said with a sad smile that Dongwoon and Sohyun picked up.

-o-

Gayoon went to the orphanage because Sunhaw had suddenly called her. When she got there all the children were around Haru and Leo.

“What’s going on?” Gayoon asked Sunhaw who had a sad expression on her face.

“They got picked today...they were picked by the same family but different parents” Sunhaw explained.

Gayoon felt tears in her eyes but she blinked them away.

She went to Haru and Leo and hugged them.

“Isn’t that good news?” she asked them but they shook their heads and looked at her with teary eyes.

“You shouldn’t be crying...it is a good thing” she said with a smile which did not reach her eyes.

Soon it was time for the children to sleep. It was Haru and Leo’s last day and everyone was sad but they all smiled and said good night to each other. AS they fell asleep Gayoon kissed their forehead and then let her tears slide.

Junhyung watched her silently. He sees Gayoon dry her tears before getting up and as she walked past him she said “You didn’t see anything”

She carried on walking and he followed.

“It’s for their good, you know”

She stopped in her tracks.

“I know...but you don’t know is the families are capable of looking after them” she said coldly.

-o-

When Jiyoon gets home she is shocked to see that Kyuhyun is home.

“What are you doing home?” she asked him.

“It’s Saturday, why wouldn’t I be home?” he asked her.

“Cuz you would rather go to work even in the weekends” she replied.

“You don’t know if that is true” he said.

“I do...you called me in work once cuz you needed a different point of view”

He said something to himself before looking back at her. She had a smug look on her face and he couldn’t help but smile but he bit his lip.

“Just get ready to eat” he muttered.

“OK, I will go wash up” she said and after a while she came back down ready to eat.

They sat down and ate.

“Wa! This is awesome!” Jiyoon sand and ate like there was no tomorrow.

“Yah! Slow don’t or you will....”

He was too late. Jiyoon choked and she had to drink some water.

Kyuhyun laughed and she blushed.

-o-

“Where are we going oppa?” Sohyun asked Yongguk when she realised that they weren’t on their way back to their apartment.

“A secret” he said with a smile.

“Oppa!” she whined.

“And no whining” Yongguk said.

Sohyun huffed and Yongguk laughed.

Soon Sohyun realised that they were by the beach.

“Oppa...” she trailed off.

Sohyun saw a small part of the beach light up by a camp fire and she saw two figures.

“We are camping”

Hey everyone! I hope you liked this chapter! I worked a little extra and wrote a longer chapter...but it wasn't that  long. Anyway I also wanted to mention that I have been made a co-author of another Joehyun story which you can check out HERE if you are intreasted. Hope you will support that story as much as you have supported this one. I am really thankful to all you readers. And as always to end off my note, please leave a comment and I will update really soon! I promise!