Chapter 20

Fated

It was quiet for a few minutes as Jihyun waited for Hyungsik’s answer.

“I think...we can be if you would like us to be”

Jihyun thought for a while.

Do I want us to be?

Jihyun looked at Hyungsik concentrating on the road and then she thought back to Doojun. She no longer spent all day thinking about Doojun; it was as if when Hyungsik walked into her thoughts Doojun walked out.

She tried to think of all the sweet moments she has spent with Doojun. Her heart beat did not speed up. She did nut blush.

She then thought about Hyungsik and just the simple thought of him just holding her hand made her feel the heat on her cheeks forming and she could just hear her loud heart beats.

She didn’t think twice before answering.

-o-

Jiyoon felt unfamiliar warmth surround her as she slowly opened her eyes and oh how she regretted the decision to open her eyes.

“Morning beautiful”

The next thing they knew Kyuhyun was on the floor.

“Ouch!”

“What did you do to me?!” Jiyoon yelled at him angrily.

“Nothing, gosh! I just had to bring you in my room because dad sent some people over last night” Kyuhyun explained.

“Oh, I remember. The maids and the butler”

“Dad sent them over to spy on us...but I can tell you slept comfortably in my arms” Kyuhyun said with a smirk.

Jiyoon grabbed a pillow and threw it at his face.

“Hey! I didn’t say I didn’t enjoy it”

She froze.

He smiled a genuine smile.

When it seems like he was confessing to her, Jiyoon’s phone rang. She picked it up to find out it was Hyuna.

“Unnie! Don’t fall for that Kyuhyun guy! He is a cheater!”

I knew he was just trying to charm me like he does with other girls.

-o-

“I-I...knew Minsoo hyung from America” L.Joe replied.

Sohyun knew he was lying so she glared at him.

“Ok, ok...the truth is...when I was in America with Minsoo hyung and some of our other friends we kind of got into some trouble so my parents brought me back to Korea while Minsoo hyung decided to stay in America to do some self reflection” L.Joe confessed.

“What kind of trouble?” Sohyun was not starting to get scared.

“It was late at night and we were all tired from our part time job and we didn’t see a car coming and the driver tried to avoid hitting us...the car when out of control...the couple in the car didn’t survive”

Sohyun’s eyes widen.

“Gayoon unnie”

-o-

Gayoon and Junhyun were walking back to Gayoon’s place when she received the phone call. It was pretty late in the night so she wondered why Sohyun was calling her.

“Hey Sohyun-ah!” Gayoon greeted her.

“Unnie...L.Joe has something to say to you”

Before Gayoon could say anything L.Joe spoke.

“I’m sorry...it was my fault”

“Your fault?”

“Your parents died in the car accident because I wasn’t careful”

Gayoon suddenly stopped breathing. Her eyes widen and she started shaking.

“I will talk to you later” Gayoon said and hung up.

“What’s wrong?” Junhyung asked.

“I” was all Gayoon could utter before falling and breaking down into tears.

Junhyung ran towards her side and tried to console her. Gayoon was crying too hard to answer any of Junhyung’s questions at the moment so he picked her up bridal style and took her to the only place he knew was safe.

-o-

Hyuna smiled.

“I thought I always hated you...you were always so annoying when you always out your nose in my business but I didn’t realise that I had actually really liked you” Hyuna said and Dongwoon looked at her in confusion.

“I like you too, silly” Hyuna laughed.

“Really?”

“Yes”

Dongwoon smiled.

It’s almost time to tell her the truth.

“Let’s go back and then I have something to show you tomorrow”

Hyuna nodded and Dongwoon grabbed her hand. They smiled at each other as they walked together in silence. Dongwoon dropped Hyuna off at her door before going to his own apartment.

“You are back! There is someone here for you” Mr. Kim said.

“Who is it?” Dongwoon asked.

“They are in your room” he answered.

“Also sir, I have confessed to your daughter”

“Well done...let’s just hope both you and me are forgiven tomorrow”

With that Dongwoon went to his room.

“Junhyung hyung!”

Wow! Everything is unfolding now, which means we are almost at the end of this story! Two more chapters to go! Anyway, I won't say anything else just that you should totally leave a comment! Bye!