Chapter 8

Casually Cruel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Sica..” She hears her Mom’s voice, ever so soft and gentle.

Jessica’s eyes flutter open slowly, taking a moment to adjust to the unnatural brightness. For a second she has no idea where she is, her head is spinning and her body feels like burning.

“M..mom?” She holds her Mom’s hand, its cold.

“You have high fever, Sica. Doctor said you almost got pneumonia. What were you doing outside the house at midnight?” Her Dad asks softly, his face is full of concern and worry.

“Didn’t you say you have a date with Lu Han??” Kyuhyun’s voice emerges, he doesn’t sound too happy.

Her eyes fill up with tears again as she shakes her head slowly at the name of Lu Han and the memory of last night.

“We found you fainted in the chair on porch last night. Are you crazy? What if there were bad people around!” Kyuhyun looks beyond pissed.

Last night.. she couldn’t even think about bad person or anything. The only person who is so bad that night is Lu Han.

Kyuhyun sees her tears and sighs. He noisily pushes back his chair and stands up, before leaving her bedroom. She is too sick to even care about where he is going or why he is still so annoying when she is sick like this.

After a few minutes, she finds herself dozing off and falls in deep sleep again.

 

 

 

 

Jessica wakes up in the afternoon, her head is still dizzy and the world is spinning once she opens her eyes. She blinks a few times until she can find focus. She holds her head as she gets up and leans against the pillows. No one in her bedroom. It’s too quiet for her liking.

Suddenly, she hears people talking outside. It sounds like Kyuhyun and... Lu Han. She immediately buries herself in the blanket again and pretends to sleep. She really doesn’t want to see him after what he did.

The door is opened. She knows it’s definitely Lu Han only from his steps and his Benneton perfume. She shuts her eyes tightly. 

She can feel Lu Han sits beside her. For a second she is like OH MY GOD Lu Han on my bed. But then mentally slapping herself for thinking such a thought when she is supposed to be mad at him. She is supposed to be waaay beyond angry at him.

“Sica..” Lu Han calls her name softly. She knows now, this is his usual voice when he feels bad. The same

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter