Chapter 18

Casually Cruel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Um..”

Jessica and Kyuhyun turn their heads instantly. Lu Han is slowly opening his eyes then blinking a few times, maybe gathering his soul until his eyes spot two persons in front of him. “Ehm.. Sica? You are home?” Lu Han mumbles with his sleepy voice.

“Yeah…” Jessica is at loss of words. If Lu Han really waits for her, then of course she feels a bit guilty. But then again she is not his girlfriend anymore and it’s not like she should say sorry or anything to him.

Lu Han rubs his eyes to get rid of his sleepiness and stands up from the couch.

Kyuhyun yawns loudly, almost intentionally for everyone to hear. “I’m going to sleep then. Why don’t you sleep here, Han?”

Lu Han nods nonchalantly, “let’s see later.”

Kyuhyun shrugs and quickly goes to his bedroom upstairs, leaving the two alone.

Even though Kyuhyun is as annoying as usual, for the first time in her life she wishes Kyuhyun was there between her and Lu Han. Now that Kyuhyun’s gone she really doesn’t know how to start conversation with Lu Han.

Lu Han smiles tiredly, “You must be tired, go and rest.”

Eh..? “A-are you going home?”

He scratches his head. “I think I better go home, I still wear my uniform. It’s a bit uncomfortable,” He bids goodbye and walks to the door.

Is he really going to go just like that? Without asking or saying anything? She starts thinking that Kyuhyun was lying, again. Lu Han probably never waits for her in the first place.

“Han!” Jessica, however, stopping his steps.

“Hmm?” Lu Han glances back.

“Uh, Kyuhyun said you were waiting for me..” Lu Han looks surprised for a moment. How his eyes widen for a second there doesn’t miss her eyes. “Is it true..?”

Looking troubled, his eyes wander at everywhere except her. He then laughs in embarrassment. “That Cho Kyuhyun.. It isn’t even important, but he tells you anyway.”

“So, it’s true? You were waiting for me?”

Lu Han is silent for a while, “yeah, kind of..”

His answer makes her feels a little bit annoyed. What does ‘kind of’ even mean? He should just answer a yes or a no. but anyway, here’s the more important question. “..why? Why were you waiting for me?”

Lu Han saw it coming and this is exactly why he didn’t want her to know. He silently curses Kyuhyun for his big mouth.

“I was just worried. You took so long so I thought something happened, but I’m glad you are okay now.” Lu Han smiles with relief.

Jessica sighs, that’s it? It’s not like she is not happy with Lu Han worrying about her but she expects another answer. Oh well, she shouldn’t have expected anything to begin with. As if she hasn’t learned enough. “We had dinner before went home so we missed the bus and eventually took a cab.”

“Oh..” he nods. “you seem close with Joonmyeon.”

Jessica unconsciously smiles, “yeah, we are close now, because of Art Class.” 

“You even call him Oppa,” Lu Han’s eyes are looking elsewhere again. She doesn’t want to hope too big, they just broke up yesterday anyway but is it jealousy she just heard in his tone?

Hearing no answers from her, Lu Han quickly adds, “I mean, you don’t even call Kyuhyun, oppa. Yet.. you call Joonmyeon, oppa.. so I thought you two must be close..”

“We are close friends,” She knows it doesn’t matter anymore but she just wants to make sure Lu Han knows that they are not more than just a friend.

“Are you sure he is just a friend?” Lu Han teases her.

Jessica blinks. That’s the first time she ever sees this side of Lu Han, but she doesn’t like how he teases her about this. Frowning, she hits his arm lightly. “Oh please, I never see him that way. Just friends.” She then looks at Lu Han with eyes full of hope, blatantly. “Are you perhaps jealous..?” She asks jokingly.

Lu Han laughs, “you wish.”

Knowing it’s just a joke —and there’s no way Lu Han will be jealous anyway— she sighs exaggeratingly. “Not even a bit? Your ex-girlfriend was having fun with another guy today. You should feel jealous!”

“Er… really?” Lu Han decides to play along.

“Yes! And, you also have to say that you don’t like it when I get too close with Joonmyeon. Come on, Han, tell me that you are indeed a little bit jealous.” 

Lu Han rolls his eyes in amusement, “alright, alright. Whatever you call it. Now I really should go home before it’s getting too late.”

“Wait! Are you really jealous or you just saying it to make this conversation ends fast so you can go home?” Jessica pouts.

Lu Han laughs, “maybe I’m indeed a little bit jealous.” He says in a not-so-serious manner and makes Jessica unsatisfied. “See you tomorrow then,” Lu Han chuckles.

“Are you sure you won’t sleep here?”

He rubs his chin, “Can I sleep in your room then?”

“W-w-what??” Jessica is flustered.

Seeing her reaction, Lu Han can't hold it in. “I’m kidding! Look at your face,” he laughs whilst clutching his stomach and even wipes his eyes; and as much as sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter