Chapter 13

Casually Cruel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Just until when do you plan on staying at my house?” Yoona finally speaks up. She isn’t really bothered by the fact that her best friend has sleepover in her place for three days, but she doesn’t sound too pleased either.

Jessica responds with a scowl. “Am I really that annoying that even my best friend want to kick me out?” She pretends to look hurt.

“Stop it. You know that’s not what I mean,” Yoona puts her hand on her hips, scolding her.

Jessica rolls over on bed with face planted on the pillow, mumbling incoherent words.

“You can’t keep avoiding Luhan you know. Even my Mum finds it weird that you keep staying here; she asked me if you had runaway from home or something. It’s about time your parent find it suspicious too.”

“I know I know Yoong.. I told you I just need some time to think about everything.”

Yoona sighs and joins her in bed. “Oh please, you have thought about it for like a million times and you already got your answer in the back of your head.”  

Actually it’s just a guess but when Yoona doesn’t hear a reply, she knows she has hit the nail right on the head.

“Talk to him tomorrow at school, the sooner the better.”

“I’ll wait until he talks to me first,” Jessica mumbles into the pillow.

Yoona rolls her eyes. “How could he talk to you if you keep running away every time you see his face?”

“I still have something that I don’t understand Yoong..” whining, Jessica faces her best friend.

“Something like what?”

“It’s just.. Why did he agree to date me if..” She pauses for a moment and sighs. “If he doesn’t like me.”

Jessica lies on her back now as they both stare at the ceiling.

“You ask me?”

“No, I ask a ghost that wandering here.”

Yoona ignores her remark. “You want an honest answer from me?” she asks cautiously whilst watching Jessica’s expression changes.

“Spill it then,” Jessica tries not to sound hesitant.

“Maybe.. I said maybe okay..” Yoona starts. “That big mouth brother of yours had told him long ago that you liked him. I mean, Kyuhyun always teased you about you liking Luhan all the times before right?”

“He teases me for everything. Even the pimple on my forehead, my short legs—“

“Well yeah, anyway what I mean is,” Yoona cuts in. “How could Luhan not know it? Kyuhyun definitely told him that you liked him. I’m pretty sure about it.”

“But wait, how did Kyuhyun know that I had crush on Luhan anyway?”

Yoona clicks her tongue. “It’s freaking obvious to everyone duh except Luhan of course because he is just that dense and dumb. Like all the time.”

Jessica suddenly realizes something as her face turns bright red. “So you said he already knew that I liked him when he caught me staring??”

Yoona gives her a look. She can’t believe how slow Jessica could be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter