Chapter 10

Casually Cruel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“This? Again?” Jessica asks Yoona who is now holding the same shirt and skirt that Jessica wore last time. When Luhan didn’t come.

Oh, the memory.

Jessica quickly shakes the thoughts away from her mind. It somehow makes her feels a little bit uneasy.

“Luhan hasn’t seen you wear this. Now, go and change.” Yoona is slightly pushing her.

“You know Yoong.. what if he forgets it again..” Jessica mutters.

“He will come.” Yoona says calmly while sitting on her bed and flipping through a magazine.

“Why are you always so sure?”

“Why are you always so negative and pessimistic?” Yoona gives her a look.

Sica pouts. “I just feel like I have to prepare...”

“See? See that? You have this habit of constantly expecting the worst, it would be better for you if you don’t think of anything at all. If he really doesn’t come later, then we can start thinking of the very best way to kill him.”

“I don’t think I can kill him though..” Sica mumbles.

Yoona just rolls her eyes exasperatedly and says nothing more.

 

Jessica is now pacing back and forth in the living room. Her mom doesn’t let her wait outside like before. Yoona is also there. Actually she is a bit worried. Let’s say Luhan is late, she is sure her best friend will bawl her eyes out just because of that. She knows that Jessica always has a thousand stupid reasons that can make her shed some tears. Sometimes she even wonders how much tears does she have. 

“Sit down, will you?” Yoona finally tells her when she can’t stand it anymore.

With a pout, Sica immediately follows the order and sits beside her on the couch.

Just then Kyuhyun walks in, looking all curious.  

“Luhan hasn’t come yet?”

Sica shakes her head. “He doesn’t forget it again, does he?”

“Hmm.." He rubs his chin. "He doesn’t mention anything about your date to me. He might forget it again though.” Kyuhyun says casually.

Sica stares at her stepbrother in horror. She already feels like crying again when Kyuhyun burst out laughing. “I’m kidding! Hahaha look at your face!”

He is laughing so hard that he is holding his stomach.

“Huaaaa.. Yoona-yah!” Sica goes to her best friend’s embrace as the latter her back gently.

“Ugh Cho Kyuhyun, you are hopeless!” Yoona glares at him.

Kyuhyun just shrugs. “OH he’s here!” He says, pointing to the window.

Both Jessica and Yoona quickly shove Kyuhyun to look outside.

But they don’t see anyone. Not even Luhan’s car.

“Where—”

“HA! Two points for Cho Kyuhyun!” He shouts happily before running away, leaving the girls with their jaws dropped.

Yoona especially feels like she has lost half of her soul.

“Remind me, why do I like him again?” Yoona asks.

“Uh.. He is handsome?”

“...Is that even worth it?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter