Chapter 19

Casually Cruel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica briskly shoves her wallet and cell phone to her bag whilst walking out from her bedroom. Just then Kyuhyun comes out from his room with math book and pen in his hand.

“Where are you going?” Kyuhyun stares at her outfit. She unusually wears a flowery dress, a cute one at that.

“Lu Han’s house!” Jessica beams. “Mom and Dad said they are going to meet his parent, I decided to tag along.”

Kyuhyun blinks, he just remembers something important. Something really really important.

“I’m off then, bye brother! Study hard!” She is about to walk to the stairs when Kyuhyun grabs her wrist to stop her.

“Yah! Wait, listen!” Jessica looks at him strangely. “Today.. You met Taeyeon, didn’t you?”

She frowns, how does he know about it? And by the way.. “You know Taeyeon..?”

He doesn’t answer her question, but then says something even weirder. “Don’t tell Lu Han you met her, okay?”

That immediately catches Jessica’s attention. Just who the hell is this Taeyeon to Lu Han? “Why..? Who is she? Why can’t I tell Lu Han?”

Crap. Kyuhyun knows something like this will come. There’s no way Jessica will just agree without asking anything. Moreover this is about Lu Han, of course she will be more curious. He should have made an excuse.  “I like Taeyeon.” That’s the only thing he could think right now.

Jessica gapes, “…what? Really? How?”

Kyuhyun scratches his head; he can’t believe he just sacrifices himself like this. Honestly, there’s nothing he can gain from this. He doesn’t even know why he bothers himself with this thing. If only Lu Han and Jessica aren’t being stupid, he probably doesn’t have to step between them like this.

“Yeah, but she likes Lu Han. He still doesn’t know though, but can you imagine what will happen if she confesses to him? Seeing Taeyeon, he probably falls for her in a second.” He lies whilst eyeing Jessica who seems hesitating.

Kyuhyun groans, if only she knows there's no time for hesitating in this matter. “Look, if you don’t want to get hurt, just do what I say!” After saying that, he quickly returns to his room whilst grumbling and slamming the door.

Kyuhyun doesn’t know why Taeyeon suddenly appears out of nowhere, after all these years. He also doesn’t know what her intention for looking for Lu Han again. But he knows for sure that if they meet, it will create a big chaos. Being his friends for years now, Kyuhyun knows that Lu Han finally opens up his heart again for Jessica, even though it’s rather slow -much to Kyuhyun’s annoyance- he is happy that Lu Han tries to move on. After Taeyeon, Jessica is the only girl Lu Han has cared for. That’s why he doesn’t want Lu Han and Taeyeon to meet, at least not now, because Lu Han and Jessica still need time.

On the other hand, if Lu Han finds out about Taeyeon, Jessica will be the one who gets hurt the most. No matter what, she is still his sister. He doesn’t want her to get hurt.

 

***

 

On the ride to Lu Han’s house, Jessica is still contemplating whether to tell Lu Han about Taeyeon or not. So, Kyuhyun likes Taeyeon huh? She feels bad for Yoona. Why’s love so complicated, she sighs. That’s why having someone you love loving you back is such a great thing to happen. Because not everyone has their love reciprocated.

Fifteen minutes later, they finally arrive at Lu Han’s house. Mr. and Mrs. Lu actually know Jessica and Lu Han’s relationship; they even think that they are still dating. It makes Jessica feels happy how Lu Han doesn’t talk about their break up to his parent. Mrs. Lu even calls Jessica her daughter-in-law, making Jessica can’t stop grinning stupidly. They talk for a while, saying how Jessica is so pretty, just like her late Mother. Even though Jessica thinks it’s just them showing courtesy, she still feels happy about it.

Now, Jessica is right in front of Lu Han’s bedroom. Worried Jessica will get bored with elders talk, Mrs. Lu asked her to go to Lu Han. Now, isn’t she one step further than Taeyeon? She even goes to Lu Han’s bedroom now. What a great opportunity.

Jessica takes a deep breath before knocks on the door.

“Who’s it?” Coming Lu Han’s voice.

“M-me..” She is suddenly getting nervous. There’ll be just two of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter