Chapter 6

Casually Cruel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica actually had signed up to art class since the first semester, but she rarely went there. Because there was this Sunbae named Kim Joon Myun who somehow made this art class become his fan club. Like More than half of class was girls and most of them didn’t even know the difference between oil paints and watercolors. All they did in the class were staring at him with eyes and mouth opened. That was why she was too lazy to go to class anymore. Moreover she had Lu Han waiting at home, well.. um.. yeah not really but let’s say it like that.

However, today is an exception. She would rather go to art class with all those fangirls of him than go home and meet Lu Han.

 

She even stays longer than she thought she would be.

 

The teacher asked them to draw school garden from different angles. Sica easily draws it for twenty minutes, and uses the rest of forty minutes to paint with oil paints. But it takes longer since it’s her first time using it. The teacher then lets her uses the class for a little longer after the class ended. And so there she is, in art class, alone.

She paints a woman, her Mom. Her beautiful Mom. Her kind Mom. Her Mom who is now rest in heaven. Her tears start flowing as she works on it. She pours all her longing for her Mom into it. Now that she thinks about it, it’s been a long time since she went to her grave. She promises that she will visit her soon. Maybe drags Kyuhyun with her there. 

Finally it’s done. Her first oil painting.

Suddenly, the door is opened.

“You are still here?”

She looks at the door and sees Joon Myun’s head. His expression immediately changes as he sees her tears strained face.

“What happened? Are you alright??” He rushes to her side.

She quickly wipes her cheeks.

“I’m fine Sunbae.”

It’s awkward for her. They never talked much before and suddenly he caught her crying like this.

“woah, it’s done already?” He says as he stares at the painting.

“It’s my first time using oil paints, it’s kinda messy right?” she scratches her head timidly. Joon Myun is really talented and she feels nervous as her work being inspected by him. 

“What are you talking about? This is beautiful. I always know you are talented.” She can feel sincerity in his voice.

He then sits beside her. His eyes still focus on her painting.

“Really?” she asks excitedly, not many people acknowledging her talent.

He looks at her and nods. Now that she looks at him a little closer, he kinda resembles Lu Han. Both of them always have this beautiful smile on their face. No wonder they are popular.

“Your Mom?”

She nods. “How did you know?”

“You wouldn’t cry if you paint your own face, would you?” He chuckles. “Her face is exactly like yours.”

She looks at the painting again. There’s no way she looks like Mom. Because she thinks her Mom is so much prettier than her.

“Lie! I don’t look like Mom at all. Mom is pretty.”

“But you are pretty though.” He says without hesitation.

She looks at him in disbelief. He is the first person who ever told her that she is pretty, except her Dad of course.

“Maybe just shorter.” He adds, waking her up to reality once again. It’s true that she is short. But she still doubts if he is being honest or not. Is she really pretty?

“It’s alright. The most important thing is heart, isn’t it?” he says again, as if reading her mind.

She replies with a smile and a nod. “Oh, by the way, I’m Jessica.”

“I know.”

“You know me?” Of course she is surprised. She is not someone who stands out in the crowd. There are about sixty students and most of them are girls. For someone like Joon Myun to know her, it’s a bit astonishing for her.

“I know everyone who is really here for learning art. It’s a pity that you rarely come though.”

Wow. He even knows she rarely comes?

“It’s your fault. If only Sunbae didn’t bring all those fangirls, I might come here everyday.”

“Excuse me for being popular.”

She snickers at that, but he just laughs.

“And don’t call me Sunbae. Just call me Joon Myun. Or.. Oppa?”

“Oppa?? your fangirls will kill me if they know.” And it’s just ridiculous to call him Oppa. She doesn’t even call Kyuhyun or Lu Han oppa, even though they are two years older.

“Tsk. Then call me Suho.”

“Suho??” She tilts her head. “How did it get to Suho from Joon Myun?”

“You don’t know what Suho means?”

“Suho.. as in ‘guardian’?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter