Chapter 26

Casually Cruel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica burns it. Finally. Those sketch books that full of nothing but Luhan. To the burning thrash bin in front of her, she throws the books one by one. It’s kinda funny how a few days before it felt so hard for her to even think to do this. But now here she is doing everything she couldn’t imagine before with a blank face. It’s not like she doesn’t feel anything, God her heart still hurts if she really has to be honest about it. Like it’s being pinched every now and then every time she remembers him. But on top of it all, she is tired. Too tired to even think or feel about anything anymore.

“Is that my face that you burn?” An ever so familiar voice wakes her up from daydreaming. She turns around in a flash to see the face she expects to appear before her eyes as the rest of the sketch books fall from her weak hands.

She hates that he still has this effect on her, making her whole body freezes over nothing and her mind goes blank. She just stands still and blinks as he reaches for the books on the ground, staring at what’s on the inside bitterly. Knowing the owner is going to burn it if he doesn’t come in time.

“It’s sad… how I finally see this is when you try to burn it.” He gives a faint smile. She almost thinks he is going to cry if she doesn’t know better.

“Though you never care about it,” she looks away, hiding the bitterness. “Well, you never care about me anyway.”

 He sighs, “Sica..”

“Luhan..” She cuts him off with the same tone, almost mocking him. “You really don’t have to explain anything. It’s over. We’re over. Nothing good will come even if you explain yourself. Don’t bother.”

“You know Sica, have I ever been mad at you before? Because the reason I’m here right now is not to say good bye, giving you a hug and tell you to be careful on your way to Paris with Junmyeon. And how you are giving me attitude right now is making me slowly lose my patient.” He looks irritated, things that rarely happen.

“If that’s not it, then what do you want? How did you even know about this anyway?”

“And that is exactly why I’m here. How could you? I know that we are over, I get it. But how could you go to another side of the world without telling me? And if it’s not for this thing slipping out of Kyuhyun’s mouth a few hours ago, I wouldn’t have known at all. And maybe I’l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter