Chapter 23

Casually Cruel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week has passed after that and Jessica finds herself feeling okay. Well as okay as she tries to make herself be. Because breaking up with the hottest guy in school is never easy. Especially when she also has to deal with all mocking glances and snickers from every girls every freaking time she passes by. On the other hand, Luhan is still Luhan, being indifferent and all. But that’s exactly what she wishes for. If Luhan is being too kind again, she might have another weird thought.

As if it was fate, the cafeteria is strangely full today. Jessica and Yoona look at each other as they eyeing the only empty seat they could have is Kyuhyun and Luhan’s table.

“We can just buy anything and eat it in class you know…” Yoona is trying to be understanding. Even though Jessica said that she wanted Luhan to act normal to her, in the end she is the one who always tries avoiding him.

Jessica takes a deep breath. “It’s okay, I’m ready now.”

“Are you sure?”

Jessica starts walking without answering Yoona’s question whilst preparing her heart to present her best smile.

“Hi!” She greets Luhan and Kyuhyun as normal as possible and innocently sits in front of them. Both of them stare at her like she is some mystical creature. Jessica catches Luhan’s eyes and smiles at him, making him a little bit flustered.

Yoona chuckles at their reaction while silently proud of her friend. She really did well.

Kyuhyun and Luhan look at each other for a second, and then back into eating. While the girls are there, they don’t talk at all. Something is weird about them, especially Kyuhyun. Even when Jessica steals his drink, he doesn’t make any noise, not even a protest. After he finished his food, he immediately leaves the table without saying anything.

“What’s wrong with him?” Jessica casually asks Luhan. He probably doesn’t know how hard it is for her to sound that casual. She mentally pats her back for doing great at that.

“Isn’t it obvious? He’s mad at me.” Jessica knows that Luhan is now staring at her, but suddenly the food in front of her becoming so much more interesting.

“Oh? Why?” Stupid. She shouldn’t have asked that.

“Because of you.” His answer makes the table falls into a dead silence.

“Oh,” Jessica just nods as if the conversation never happened. Luhan doesn’t talk more either. He also loses his appetite and just playing with his food.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Kyuhyun comes back and forces her to come with him. Jessica who deep in her heart wants to spend a little more time with Luhan, lies that she is still hungry and needs to finish her food first before leaving. Not knowing the reason why Kyuhyun suddenly becomes so weird like that.

After two minutes playing push and pull with Kyuhyun, finally she understands why he is doing this. A beautiful girl has just showed up in the cafeteria. Taeyeon. God, she wishes she could go back to two minutes ago and disappeared with Kyuhyun from this place. Luhan looks at Taeyeon in panic and then looks at Jessica. Sensing his uneasiness, Jessica knows she shouldn’t stiffen like that. She wants to show him that she has changed.

“H-Hi!” She greets Taeyeon cheerfully.

“Hi Sica!” Taeyeon answers happily while kissing both of Jessica’s cheeks. Jessica tries to smile as wide as she could.Meanwhile Luhan looks like he has mental breakdown. Before he could ask how they know each other, Taeyeon beats him.

“Eh Han, so you already know Jessica?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter