Chapter 21

Casually Cruel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: This chapter will contain a lot of swearing.

 

“Are you ing kidding me?!” Kyuhyun grabs Lu Han by the collar and slams him hard against the wall. Thinking that he deserves his best friend’s anger towards him, Lu Han keeps his mouth shut, making the latter even more furious. “Did you think I would miss the look on your face when you heard that Taeyeon is looking for you?? Did you really think I would believe that you would choose Jessica over Taeyeon?!”  

“I will pick Jessica over her dammit!” Lu Han shouts back in frustration. “I would never say thing I didn’t mean! You ing know it!”

“Really?” Kyuhyun laughs in disbelief. “Is that really what you want?”

Lu Han knows he shouldn’t have hesitated in front of him. But for a second, he did. And the next second, he feels a sharp pain on his stomach as Kyuhyun’s balled fist makes a contact with his muscle.

“Bastard,” Kyuhyun pulls his fist back and looks at Lu Han in the eyes as his crumpled body hits the ground.

“Damn..” Lu Han whimpers whilst holding his stomach. “What was that for?”

“For making her cry,” before Lu Han could respond, Kyuhyun whacks him right on the head. “And that’s a bonus.”

Lu Han curses silently but says nothing, not even complain coming out from his mouth. Kyuhyun won’t give him any mercy if he says something wrong again. Better shut up to calm him down.

“You should be grateful,” Kyuhyun says whilst giving him a hand. Lu Han glances at it warily but takes it anyway. “Since you are my best friend, I gave you discount. You know you deserve more than that, don’t you?”

Lu Han snickers as Kyuhyun helps him walking out from the alley they were in.

 

***

 

That night, Luhan stays with Jessica until she falls asleep. But there’s something that bothering her. When Luhan thinks she is already deep asleep, he just blankly stares outside the window for a long time. And Jessica thinks that maybe she knows what he is thinking about. Taeyeon, what else. Deep inside she knows that what Luhan says before is pretty much to comfort her. Even if he says Taeyeon is just his past, she knows that it can’t be that easy for him to forget about her. Even so, what can she do anyway, other than to trust him and his words. That he will never go back to Taeyeon.  

“Spacing out again?”  Suho’s voice finally wakes her up from her daydreaming. “The class is almost over and I see you don’t even paint anything..” he raises his eyebrows curiously as Jessica looks at her untouched canvas.

Realizing she did nothing in the past an hour but spacing out, she bites her lips in embarrassment, “oops, sorry..”

“A penny for you thought?” he asks before dragging a closest chair and sits beside her comfortably, waiting for her to answer. But silence is all he gets.

Sighing, he tries not to lose his smile. “Whatever it is, can you forget it for a moment? I have a big big surprise for you!” His excited voice finally makes Jessica shift from her thought.

“…what big surprise?”

“Seriously, is this the only way to get your attention?”

Jessica makes a face, “that’s a lie huh?” she huffs. “I’m excited for nothing!”

Suho laughs as she makes that annoyed face. “I’m not lying, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter