Chapter 17

Casually Cruel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The day she broke up with Lu Han was the day she promised to herself that she would never cry again. Okay.. that's too impossible she knew, so she changed it to 'cry just a little less than usual'. Starting today she will try her best not to shed any tears anymore, especially in front of Lu Han. She doesn't want to look even more pathetic than yesterday when she cried her heart out in Lu Han's embrace. Speaking of it, that was like the first and the last time he ever hugged her. Why Lu Han why... he should have done it when they were dating but then he just had to do that when they broke up. Oh, and also, he just asked for her number right after they officially broke up. He then gave her his number, saying how she could call him anytime. Seriously Lu Han, why now? She just can't understand him. At all.

Still in the art class, she looks out the window, searching for a certain someone in the basketball court but she couldn't find him. Suddenly some awful experiences creeping into her head. No way.. he doesn't forget it again, does he? Like how he forgot their first date. Is she going to be stood up again by him? Even after their separation? Really Lu Han? In the midst of her worries, her cell phone buzzes.

- Sica, I'm really sorry. my practice will end a bit late, can you wait for fifteen more minutes?- Lu Han

She sighs in relief upon reading the text, thanks God he doesn't forget it again. She looks outside through the window again to look for Lu Han for the second time, this time her eyes is focused at the very side of the court. Almost immediately she spots Lu Han with his cell phone in his hand, maybe waiting for her reply. The coach suddenly yells at him to come back quickly, he looks troubled for a while, looking back and forth to the phone and the coach until the coach screams his name for the second time. Startled and scared, he quickly shoves his phone into his bag on the bench and running back to the court.

Jessica bangs her head to the table. She wants to be with Lu Han, but she doesn't want to be with him either. If that even makes sense.

"What's wrong with you again now?" a familiar male voice asks her.

She looks up to find Suho already with his bag, seems like he is ready to go home. Looking around the room, she just realizes that everyone has left too.

"Are you going home?" She asks back,completely forgetting his question.

"Of course, are you going to sleep here then?" He laughs, "get out, I'm gonna lock the door."

Jessica gets her bag and heads out while grumbling.

Soon enough Suho is catching up with her, "Let's go home together, i think we ride the same bus." She can't see it but Suho is beyond excited.

"I can't..." Jessica drags her feet with her shoulder slumped.

"Eh? Why? Going somewhere? I can accompany you if you want."

Her head turns to him a little too fast, surprises him. Going with Suho is better than with Lu Han. She is about to tell him when she remembers that Suho doesn't bring a car. Taking bus there would take forever.

"Never mind.." her sparkling eyes have turned gloomy again. It doesn't miss Suho's eyes.

"Why? What is it?" Suho nudges her impatiently. "Quickly,spill it.." he urges when she still doesn't answer.

Jessica sighs as she takes a quick glance at the court where the basket ball club has practice, looks like they aren't gonna end anytime soon.

"So.. I asked Kyu to go with me to my Mom's grave," knowing Jessica and Kyuhyun's not-so-good relationship, Suho makes an are-you-serious face.

"Don't judge me yet okay," knowing what he's thinking, she gives him a look. "Even though he is annoying most of the time, usually he would agree to go with me when I asked him to go to my Mom's grave. Or if it's anything about my late mother."

"Ah..." Suho nods, "so he didn't agree this time?"

"Yep, and worse, he managed to make Lu Han be the one to accompany me instead. Awesome right?" Her tone emphasizes sarcasm.

"You don't want to go with him?" Suho wants to make sure.

She actually wants to, but... "Of course I don't, being alone with him in a long journey right after we broke up is still a bit too much even for my strongest side that I just found out today."

Suho laughs, "Your strongest what..?"

"My strongest side," she repeats again whilst giving him a glare. "You see, i talked to him today and surprisingly that didn't make me cry. But maybe it was because Yoona and Kyuhyun were there too."

They stop walking right in front of the basketball court, Lu Han is still playing and hasn't noticed two persons who have been watching him from afar.

Suho glances at her, "hey, want to go with me instead?" 

"I'd love to, but taking bus means getting home late late at night. Will you be okay?"

"I'm okay though," he shrugs. "I will just enjoy the ride."

Being together with her for hours, even until midnight doesn't sound like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter