Chapter 12

Casually Cruel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Tonight, Luhan doesn’t come. It’s a bit weird because he rarely missed his gaming routine with Kyuhyun except if he had basketball practices and she knows better that there’s no practice today. But whatever, she feels relieved instead. She is not ready to meet him yet. She doesn’t know what to do or what to say if they meet tonight.

The next day, Jessica decides to go to school since she is healthy enough and doesn’t really have any good excuses to stay at home. Besides, it’s boring to be home alone all day long with nothing to do. She keeps staying in class though; she doesn’t even want to catch a glimpse of Luhan. She also planned to skip lunch and just work on some notes that she had missed yesterday. But Yoona has another idea and Jessica, of course, can’t object. She gives up refusing because it seems like it’s her nature to accept whatever’s being thrown at her. And just like that, she walks lifelessly to the cafeteria as Yoona drags her there.

“He is at his usual table, don’t look that way!” Yoona immediately reminds her once they step into the cafeteria.

Jessica only looks at Yoona’s face. From the corner of her eyes, she can feel Luhan’s stare at her. Don’t look at him Sica, don’t look at him, don’t look at him. She keeps chanting in heart as she pretends to listen to Yoona’s random story about Lee Jong Suk’s new drama that Jessica could care less about.

“That’s right, you have to be tough, don’t let him do everything as he pleased!” Yoona pats her shoulder proudly.

Jessica looks at her with a thin smile. Right now she doesn’t even try to steal glances at him anymore like how she always did before. She really doesn’t want to see his face. No matter how cute or handsome it is.

She bites her lips to prevent herself from crying again. Out of all places, she shouldn’t cry here. Yoona understands how she feels, so for twenty minutes they’ve been there she doesn’t talk about Luhan at all. She’s really grateful for that, until..

“Ng.. Sica? Can I talk about something? It keeps bothering me..” Yoona asks hesitantly. Jessica somewhat knows what she’s going to say, so she just nods.

“Uh.. since we came here until now, Luhan keeps staring at you. I wonder if he even blinks.” Yoona says that makes her wants to cry even more.

She already decides to ignore him for a few days, so at least maybe he will understand how she feels.

About fifteen minutes later the bell rings. According to Yoona, Luhan is still sitting at his table. Jessica and Yoona then stand up and leave the cafeteria for their next class without looking or even glancing at him. Yoona says that Luhan has a confused look on his face whilst staring at her. But she doesn’t care. She is beyond upset.

 

***

 

After school Jessica attends Art Class. It’s been a while since she went, so she spends a little more time there.

“Aren’t you going home?”

Jessica jumps on her seat and turns around in shock.

“Suho! That shocked me!” She puts her hand on her chest, feeling how fast it beats right now. “I thought you were ghost!”

“How come a ghost be this handsome?” He brushes his hair with his fingers.

She scoffs and he laughs.

“Why did you suddenly appear like that?”

“I didn’t, you were the one who didn’t notice me when I walked in before.”

“Ah.. really?” She scratches her head. “Sorry.”

“Nah.. its fine. Why are you still here anyway? Every time you come you always stay longer than everyone.” And honestly it always makes him worried.

“I want to finish my painting. I couldn’t stop halfway.” She then turns to face the canvas again.

Suho just stands there, watching her as she continues preparing her brushes and paints and then eyeing her canvas with anticipation. She is too absorbed in her painting that she doesn’t even realize that Suho is still there after more than twenty minutes, waiting for her to finish.

“It’s Luhan, isn’t it?” Suho speaks up when the painting is almost done.

She is startled for a second time today. “H-huh?”

“The boy who plays basketball.” He points at her painting.

“Uh.. n-no, it's not him. It’s just.. someone from my imagination. Yeah, it’s not Luhan. Definitely not him.” She doesn’t even know why she lies, but Suho doesn’t ask more. He pretends to buy it and just nods, even though he can see Luhan’s f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter