Chapter 5

A Perfect Match

 

Because I'm in a very much in the mood today...

 

Here's Chapters 5 and 6...Enjoy you guys!=*

 

And thank you so so so much for all your positive feedbacks...I won't let you down guys. Love you all!=*

 

 

==============================================

 

 

Yoona bit her bottom lip as she thought about what Taecyeon was asking her. He wanted to help her move on. She thought she was moving on. She thought she let Donghae go years ago but seeing Yuri brings back all the emotions she was trying to forget. Yes, she wants to be able to give her heart to someone again, maybe even Taecyeon, but with everything she has been through, she has big trust issues, thanks to Donghae and Yuri. Learning to trust someone is harder than letting go of someone you once thought was your world.

Taecyeon watched her as she consider what he said. He wanted to help her. He wants to move on, he wants to move on with her even though he's been hurting too. He has a feeling her past is a little more troubling than he could even think of. "Sometimes all you need are open arms to hug and hold you, a shoulder to cry on and someone there to tell you it's all gonna be alright. Yoong, let me be that person."

"Taecyeon, I'm pretty broken. Maybe I'm not fixable." she said as she looked away.

He cupped her face, making her look at him. “Everyone is fixable, they just have to want the help." he paused. "I know what it's like to be broken. The day Jessica left me, it broked my heart. I was planning on asking her to marry me that weekend. I loved her more than I thought it was possible to love anyone. I thought she felt the same but she told me she wasn't happy. I never knew it or I just didn't pay attention. Maybe the signs were there but I didn't see them." He took a deep breath. "After she left, I kind of went through this I-don't-care stage. I laid in bed, refused to do anything, talk to anyone, even my daughter who was only a month old. Tiffany, Nickhun, my parents, especially my mom, tried every day to get me up, yelling at me, telling me how much TaeYoon needed me, now more than ever. My mom was so disappointed on me. She said she didn't raise me to turn my back on my child just because life wasn't going my way. She said life isn't easy. You can't just climb in a hole every time something doesn't go your way. She said, you're a father now Taecyeon, you have a responsibility that that little girl depends on you. She needs you, one parent just walked out on her. She doesn’t deserve to lose both her parents."

He was quite for a moment. "You okay?" Yoona asked softly.

"For two weeks I pretended like TaeYoon didn't exist like my heart break was more important than her not having a mother. One night, TaeYoon was crying so loud and she wouldn’t stop. I had the pillow over my head. My mom came in the room and told me that they were taking her to the hospital. She said something’s wrong. I can feel it and at that moment I forgot all about how hurt I was. All that I think of is I can't lose TaeYoon." He started to cry. He looked away from her so she didn't see him. “She was six weeks and her fever was not normal. Even though it was just a fever, my mom still panicked. She thought it could be a sign that TaeYoon had HCM."

Yoona raised her eyebrow. "What is HCM?"

Taecyeon sighed. "HCM is a form of heart muscle disease in which the muscular walls of the ventricles become abnormally thickened. The thickening of the heart muscle causes the muscle itself to act abnormally. The thickening also can cause the ventricles to become distorted, which can interfere with the function of the aortic valve and the mitral valve, which regulate blood flow."

Yoona looked at him confusedly. "Why would your mom think TaeYoon has that?"

"Because HCM is often inherited." Taecyeon said as he looked at her.

"Oh, so someone in your family has it?"

"Yeah." he paused. "Me, I have it." he whispered softly. "I found out when I was a senior in high school."

Yoona's eyes widen, was open. She tried to speak but she couldn't, she didn't know what to say. "Is that the reason you quit playing basketball?" she asked after she calm herself down.

"Yeah." Taecyeon said sadly. "I had to give it up, give up my dream of playing. It but it's just one of those curve balls life throws at you." He repeated her words from earlier with a little laughed.

"So are you okay? I mean what do you do so you don't have a heart attack?" She asked confusedly. She wasn't sure what HCM really is or what you can and can't do with it. She was worried. "Does TaeYoon have it?"

"I take a pill every day. I know my limits when I play a short game of one on one with the boys. I jog still but not as long as I used to. I can still do everything a normal man can do. And no as of right now, there are no signs that TaeYoon having it. She gets check once a year."

Yoona nodded. "So who did you get it from?"

"My Appa."

"Is he okay now?"

"Yeah, he's doing well. He takes a pill everyday too."

"Thank you for telling me. I mean you didn't have to, but thank you." she said as she kissed his cheek.

Taecyeon just smiled. "So is there anything else you want to know about me?" he wanted to let her in, tell her everything, hoping she would trust him enough to let him in back.

She bit her lip. "Did you and Jessica fight a lot?" she asked staring him in the eyes.

"Like did we disagree on a lot of stuff?" she nodded. "Yeah, all couples have disagreements. I mean we had our share, she used to make me so mad over the littlest thing. She would find a girl’s number in my locker that someone put there and she would say I was cheating which I never did, I've never cheated on her, but she would still accuse me even after TaeYoon was born, she swears I was seing someone else, but I wasn't. Why? Did you and TaeYeon's dad fight a lot?" he asked knowing there was a reason for her question.

"Donghae." she said, Taecyeon give her a confused look. "TaeYeon's dad's name is Donghae." she told him realizing she never did. "Yeah we fought a lot, not in the beginning but in the middle towards the end. It became an everyday habit." She paused. "When Jessica get you upset or like really pissed off, did..." She drifted off.

Taecyeon stared at her. "Did what?" he asked wondering what she was asking him.

"Did, did she ever make you so mad that..." She paused again. "Did she ever make you so mad that you...hit her?" she said so low.

Taecyeon was shocked. "No!" he yelled. "Hell no!" he yelled again. "Did Donghae hit you?" he asked in a disbelief voice.

She looked away for him like she was ashamed. "Yes.”  She whispered. "Not once or twice, more like an everyday routine." She said as she started to cry. "I tried to make him happy but nothing worked. I always screwed something up and that would just piss him off. I was his punching bag for almost two years." Her voice is fragile and almost broken.

Taecyeon is in silence, frowning at his loss of words. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Yoona, Look I ...”

"Omma, we’re home!" A voice yells caused the two to stand up. Yoona wiped her eyes and took a deep breath, then walked away.

"Hey baby." She said as she hugged her little girl. "Did you have fun?”

"Yeah I did, can I stay with TaeYoon tonight?"

Yoona looked at Tiffany. "I told her she could if that's okay with you and Taec."

"It's fine with me." Taecyeon said as he walked into the room.

Yoona looked at him. She really hated that they got interrupted. "Yeah, you can stay." she said as she looked back down at her daughter. "Go get your stuffs together." she said as both girls took off running up the stairs. "Thanks Fany for taking her, she's been wanting to go all week, but I've just..." She began but noticed the look Tiffany gave her. "I'm sorry I've been so distance Fany, I don't mean to, I just don't know how to let people in."

"It's okay. I'm here if you need me Yoong." Tiffany said as she hugged her. "Why don't you come over to the house for dinner tonight?"

"I can't, Yuri’s here and where is Yuri?” she asked as she noticed for the first time Yuri didn't come in with them.

"She said she had to meet someone or something. She should be back soon." Tiffany shrugged. "She is very straight forward." Tiffany said as Yoona looked at her.

Yoona wasn't sure what Tiffany meant by that, but she knew it was something that was bothering Tiffany. "What did she...”

"I'm home." Yuri said as she and Kyungsan walked in the door. "Kyungsan go wash your hands." she said to the little four-year-old. She then turn facing the three adults. "Hey Ladies." she said.

"Hey handsome." she said, as she noticed Taecyeon standing beside Yoona. "Did you miss me?" she said seductively as she touches his arm. Batting her eye lashes out of him giving him a big bright smile.

Yoona sighed inside. She rolled her eyes. She knew what Yuri was planning in her head, how to get Taecyeon in her bed, because that's what Kwon Yuri does when she set her eyes on something and whatever or whoever that something or someone is she usually gets it. One thing she knows is Yuri always gets what she wants, not caring who she hurts in the process. Now she has her eyes on Taecyeon. Even though Taecyeon doesn't belong to her, she still doesn't want him around Yuri. She was just starting to slowly open up to Taecyeon, cause she thinks he is different than Donghae but she once thought Donghae walked in water and look how that turn out.

Taecyeon looked at her. "Why would I miss you? I don't even know you." Taecyeon asked as he looked over at Yoona who thought his word was a little jealous.

"Please, everyone knows Kwon Yuri." she said in a y confident voice. "And I know you missed me cause I knew you were checking me out earlier." she lean close to him. "You think I'm hot and I know you’re hot, so how about you and I go get to know each other better." she winked. "Not in a talking way either."

Taecyeon was a little taken back. Yuri sure was straight forward. "Well, I hate to disappoint you Miss Kwon but I don't know you and I have no intentions of getting to know you other than a friend maybe and yeah, if I was checking you out, it's because I'm a guy, it's what we do but it doesn't mean I want you or that I want to sleep with you." Taecyeon said in a serious tone. “I have no interests in sleeping with you now or ever, just thought you should know."

Yuri's eyes widen, her jaw dropped, she was speechless. No guy has ever said that to her. Tiffany laughed on the inside. She was so worried that Yuri would talk to Taecyeon into going out with her but after that it looks like Yuri won't be getting anywhere with him. The smile on Yoona's face was the biggest she had all week.

"Yuri, you're on your own tonight. I'm going to Tiffany's for few hours." Yoona said as she walked up the stairs. Yuri was still standing there staring at Taecyeon who was watching Yoona walk up the stairs. He wasn't trying to be mean to Yuri, he's not a mean guy but he just spent the last hour and a half opening up to Yoona and she was slowly opening up to him. So he would be a fool to walk away now. He knows Yuri played a big part in Yoona getting hurt. He wants to know her more, he wants to know everything about her, he has, since the moment he met her in Tiffany's kitchen.

"Okay, we’re ready." Yoona said as she, TaeYeon and TaeYoon came down stairs. Taecyeon smiled at the three of them. Yoona was smiling too. She changed into a red summer dress, showing her amazing legs that he loved to stare at. Her hair was down, framing her face. She looked like an angel.

"So when are you coming back?" Yuri asked coldly as she crossed her arms. She watched as the girls and Tiffany walk out the door. Taecyeon has his hand on Yoona's lower part.

"Probably tomorrow morning." Yoona said as she looked at Taecyeon. "We have a few things to talk about." she then looked back at Yuri. "Have a good night Yul."

"See you later Yuri." Taecyeon said without looking at her. His mind still processing what Yoona said. He shut the door behind him leaving a very pissed off Yuri.