Chapter 3

A Perfect Match

 

 

 

A month later...

Since their trip to the zoo a month ago, Taecyeon and Yoona have gotten closer. Taecyeon got a job at Gangnam High School as the boy’s basketball coach. The school was a block away from where Yoona's art gallery was. Everyday, Taecyeon would go there to bring her lunch. They pretty much talked about everything, expect their love lives. That was one subject that both questioned about each other, but never bothered to talk about. Yoona never talked about the guy Tiffany said, she was seeing or anything. Taecyeon was starting to wonder if Tiffany lied.

It was Friday night and Taecyeon was at Yoona's, dropping TaeYoon off as she was going to spend the weekend there.

"Omma, TaeYoon's here. Can I open the door?" TaeYeon yelled from the hall, one of the house rules was she wasn't allowed to open the door without an adult with her.

Yoona was upstairs, in her room, lucky enough as she was able to look from her bedroom window to see who was at the front door. "Go ahead and tell Uncle Taecyeon I will be right down." She walked over towards her mirror checking herself out. Usually after the long day she had at work, she would come home and put her pj’s on, but she didn't today. She knew Taecyeon would be the one to bring TaeYoon over, so she keep her hunter green summer dress on. She brushed her hair, checked her makeup, then took a deep breath.

Taecyeon was sitting on the couch in the living room when Yoona walked in. "Hey." she said as she picked up her cell phone. "How did practice go today?"

He smiled. He let his eye roam her body, even though he seen her this afternoon at the gallery for lunch, he still checked her out when she walked into the room. "Pretty good I think? We are ready for next Friday. Next Friday is their first game of the season.” Taecyeon was nervous.

"You're going to be great Coach Ok, we are going to lose our voices from cheering on you."

"You coming?" he asked completely shocked.

"Yes, TaeYoon already invited us. I wouldn't miss it for the world." she said as she sat down in the chair. "I do watch basketball, who do you think gives Nickhun tips?" she laughs.

Taecyeon smirked, he was really falling for her. He wished he could tell her but he knows that the best thing for them was to just stay friends. "So how come you never talk about your boyfriend?" he watched as her eyes widen.

"Because I don't have a boyfriend." she said bluntly.

"Really?" he said way to happy. "I mean, Tiffany said when I first moved here that you were seeing someone. So you're not seeing anyone?"

"No Taec, I'm not seeing anyone. I haven't been on a date in four years." She said as she wondered why Tiffany told him that.

"Oh!" was all he could say.

It was on the tip of his tongue to ask her about TaeYeon's father, but he didn't think he had the right. Yoona bit her lip. She wondered what he was thinking because he gotten really quite. She also wondered if he would get mad if she asked about TaeYoon's mom. She knew a little about her but not much. Tiffany tried to tell her but she told Tiffany she preferred Taecyeon to tell her.

“Omma, can we order pizza and watch a movie?" TaeYeon asked as she jumped on Yoona's lap.

"Yeah, we can baby girl. What movie do you have in mind?" Yoona asked as she played with her daughter’s hair.

"Uhm...I don't know. What do you want to watch TaeYoon?"

"Hmm...” TaeYoon put a finger on her chin. Taecyeon laughed at his daughter’s thinking face.

"What about the Princess Diaries?" Yoona said to the two little girls.

"What's that?" TaeYoon asked.

"It’s a movie about a princess who’s living as a normal girl, not knowing she is a princess." Yoona said. "You’re expecting a 2PM movie but they don’t have a movie, so sorry." she laughed.

"It sounds cool. Okay, I want to watch it. Daddy you want to watch it with us?"

Taecyeon sighed. "Sure sweetheart, if Yoona and TaeYeon don't mind."

"No Uncle Taec, we don't mind." TaeYeon said.

"Thanks for answering for me TaeYeon." Yoona said to her daughter then look over at Taecyeon. "You can stay if you want." Yoona said as she picked up the phone. "Okay go get the movie and I'll order the pizza."

Yoona popped the movie in. "Omma, let’s all sit on the couch, you, me, TaeYoon and Uncle Taec."

"Okay."

Yoona was about to sit on the opposite side of the couch when. "No, Aunt Yoona you sit beside my Appa, then TaeYoon and I can sit beside each other."

Yoona was about to protest but honestly, she kind of wanted to sit closer to Taecyeon, he always smell so good.

After the pizza got there, the four of them sat on the couch and Yoona started the movie. A few moments into the movie. "You tired?" Taecyeon whispered to her. As he noticed the few yawns she kept doing.

"Yeah, it's been long day." Yoona replied looking at him.

"Well." Taecyeon began then put his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him. "My shoulder doesn't mind to be your pillow."

Yoona was shocked. She debated it for a moment then without saying a word she lay her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. Taecyeon smiled. He her hair hoping to relax her.

 

"Hmmm...” Taecyeon moans as he wakes up to the sound of a phone ringing. It's then that he realize it's his phone, so he pulls it out of his pocket. "Hello?" he said sleepy.

"Taec, are you okay?" Tiffany's frighten voice said.

"Um...Fany, yeah I'm okay." he said in a low voice then looked down. Yoona was sleeping on his chest. Then he notices TaeYeon laying on Yoona's side and TaeYoon was laying on TaeYeon's legs.

"Hey Taec, you there?"

"Yeah Fany, I guess we fell asleep."

"So you’re okay? Cause I was worried about you."

"I'm okay. We were watching a movie then we all must have fallen asleep."

"So where are you sleeping at?" Tiffany laughed.

"On the couch Fany and it's not what you think." Taecyeon said as he looked back down at Yoona. “Oh and when I do get home, you and I are going to have a talk about the little lie you told me."

"What lie?"

“Yoona isn't seeing anyone."

"Oh, well I got to go. Night Taec." she said really fast then hang up. Taecyeon just shook his head.

"Yoong." Taecyeon said as he touched her cheek. "Yoona, wake up."

"Um..." She said as she started to move. She lifted her head off his chest. "What's wrong?”

"Nothing." He said with a smirk. She looked so beautiful. "We all fell asleep, it's after midnight."

Yoona looked at him confusedly then it dawn on her. She looked over at the two girls beside her. "Wow, we should get them upstairs, they are going to have sore necks in the morning."

She slowly sits up. Taecyeon gets up then stretches. Yoona’s watching him as his shirt rises up and showing his tone abs. She blushed, as she noticed he saw her checking him out. Taecyeon just smile then he picked TaeYeon up off Yoona's lap. "I’ll take her up first then I'll come back down for TaeYoon." he said as Yoona nodded. She then watched him walk out the room with her daughter in his arms. She was kind of wishes that it was her he was carrying up the stairs. She shook her head at that thought. She can't think of him that way, he's just a friend. He is the father of her daughter’s best friend. They could never be together, because if they get together and break up, they could ruin the friendship between her daughter and his daughter. So no matter what she wants or what she feels, she can't let anything happen between them.

Yoona cleaned up the mess in the living room as Taecyeon tucked the girls in bed. He walked back down the stairs looking for the girl. "Well, they’re both tucked safely under the covers." he said as he finds her in the kitchen, washing up the bit of dishes that were in the sink.

"Thanks."

"So I guess I will go ahead."He said as they locked eyes.

"Alright, thanks again. Sorry about falling asleep on you." Yoona said as she walked towards him. She really enjoyed been in his arms. It's been four years since she fell asleep in a man's arms.

"I didn't mind Yoona." he said as the both stood in front of each other. Taecyeon moves his eyes to her lips. "Good night Yoona." he said as he leans over and place a kiss on her cheek. He had to fight himself not to kiss her lips. He wanted to but he wasn't sure if she wanted him too. But then what would happen if they did kiss, would they both like it? Or would it be a big mistake? Would it ruin their friendship? He really liked hanging out with her and he couldn't ruin what they build or what his daughter build with her daughter. So staying friends was the best thing for now besides Nickhun told him Yoona was just like him. Dating was something she did in the past. She has no plans of dating or having a serious relationship in the future. He knows Yoona must have been hurt in the past by TaeYeon's dad but he still wondered what happen to scar her. He knows he doesn't have any room to talk because he was pretty much scared too but doesn't mean he doesn't want to know more about her.

"Good night Taecyeon." Yoona said in a low hush voice. She really thought he was going to kiss her. He shocked her by kissing her cheek. She smiled at him as he winked at her before closing the door behind him. She went in and turns off the lights in the house then checked on the girls before climbing into her big cold bed alone. She laid there thinking about what it was like laying in Taecyeon’s arms. She wondered if they would have felt a spark if he did kiss her. Would she kiss him back? Well duh, she would, it's all she’s been thinking about for the past month.

 

The next morning, Yoona was making breakfast and the girls were watching cartoons in the living room when Tiffany walked in. "Morning girls." she said happily.

"Morning Aunt Tiffany." Both girls yelled from the floor where they were laying without looking at her "Where's your Omma?"

"In the kitchen." Both girls yelled again still not looking at her.

Tiffany walked into the kitchen. "Hey." she said as she hopped on the stool at the counter.

"Hey, what brings you here so early?" Yoona asked as she flips the pancakes.

"Well, Taecyeon and Nickhun left me this morning, so I got lonely."

"Where did they go?"

"Taecyeon took Nickhun to the school gym, they’re going to go over some plays for the game next week."

Yoona nodded her head. Tiffany saw signs of disappointment. She was hoping Taecyeon came by the morning. "Are you hungry?"

Tiffany eyed her for a second. "So Taec fell asleep here huh?" she smiled big.

"Tiffany, we were watching a movie, the girls were with us, we all fall asleep and nothing happens. Taecyeon and I are just friends."

Tiffany rolled her eyes. "Yoong, I wish you two would just kiss already."

"What?"

"Look, he likes you. I can tell and so can Nickhun. You like him." Tiffany said as she narrowed her eyes with her. "Yoona, you know you do, I can tell and Nickhun can tell too. So Nickhun and I think if you two would just share a simple innocent kiss, you both will realize that there is something between you two, then you can go from there."

"Not going to happen." Yoona said as she put some pancakes on a plate. "And besides how can you tell just by a kiss?"

"Because a kiss always means something." Tiffany said as she walked over to the refrigerator, grabbing the oranges juice. "Kiss him, just one kiss and let me know if you feel anything, just a simple little spark. If you don't then I'll leave you both alone."

"Seriously?" Yoona asked as she turns away from the stove looking at her friend. "If I kiss Taecyeon, just one time, a simple peck and I if feel nothing, you will leave us alone?"

"Yes, I promise." She said as she crossed her heart.

"I'll think about it." she said as she turns back to the stove. She knew it was a bad idea, because she was already feeling something.

 

Nickhun and Taecyeon were playing one on one inside the school gym for the past hour. "I need a break." Taecyeon said as he went to sit on the benches. He grabbed his water bottle.

"You’re getting old Taec?" Nickhun teased as he sat beside him, grabbing his water bottle to.

"Excuse me for not being a basketball star. I don't run up and down a court all day Khun like you do."

"Yeah, because you're getting lazy on me." Nickhun joked. "You need to get on the court more."

"Lazy? Khun, are you forgetting I have a heart condition? I can't be on the court that long." He said disappointedly.

Nickhun sighed. Sometimes when they would play, he would forget about Taecyeon's condition. "Sorry." he took a sip of his water. "Have you told Yoona about it?"

"About my condition?" Taecyeon asked and Nickhun nodded. "No, I guess I should huh?"

"Yeah, if you want to continue seeing her."

"Khun, you make it sound like we’re a couple."

"I thought you were. You two are always together and Tiffany said you fell asleep there last night." Nickhun said with a raised eye brow.

"We were all watching a movie. We all fell asleep Khun nothing happen."

"Hmm, but you wanted something to happen." Nickhun laughed. “So you like Yoona right?"

"She’s cool but we are just friends."

"Waeyo."

“Waeyo?” Taecyeon asked as he looks at his brother.

"Taec, you like her. She's more than just cool, you really like her and she really likes you."

"How can you tell she likes me? Cause I've tried to read her but I just can't seem to tell." It's all he's been doing. He was trying to read her but she never really give any vibe to him that she liked him. Except last night when she was cheeking him out. But he wasn't going to tell that to Khun, he would make it into a bigger deal than it really was.

"See you like her." He smiled. “And yes, Tiffany and I both know she likes you. So listen up, Tiffany and I think you should kiss her."

"What? Why?"

"Look, kiss her. A simple, innocent kiss. I bet you both feel something then you know where to go from there."

"Look, I like hanging with her, I do and I don't want to kiss her then mess up our friendship, cause not only it will we mess ours but there’s a chance we could mess up TaeYoon and TaeYeon's."

"I get that but what if you both feel something, you could be missing out on something really special."

Taecyeon just nodded. "Khun, do you know where TaeYeon's dad is?"

"All I know is that he died, when TaeYeon was about two I think, Yoona doesn't talk about it. I don't even think she has ever told Tiffany the whole story. "

"He's dead?" Taecyeon didn't expect that. He thought they just had a bad break up or he just didn't want to be a father. Now he was more curious.

 

Later that night, Yoona sat in her office reading while the girls played dress up upstairs. She was kind of disappointed that Taecyeon didn't come over today. He did call to talk to TaeYoon but that's about it. So when the doorbell rung at quarter to nine, she smiled thinking it was Taecyeon. She ran her fingers through her hair and then check herself out in the hall way mirror.

She had a huge smile on her face as she open the door. But her smile faded as she came face to face with someone, Kwon Yuri.

"Hey Im Yoona.” Yuri said uncomfortably.

"Yuri, what are you doing here?" She asked a little too coldly with her arms crossed over her chest.

Yuri sighed at the tone of her voice. “I miss you Yoona." she said in a nervous voice.

"Yuri, I told you I needed time." Yoona said as she crossed her arms.

"Yoona, it's been three months, you haven't returned my calls, my texts, my emails. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Yoona. I miss you and TaeYeon and Kyungsan misses you guys too." she said as she began to cry.

Yoona just stood there debating if she should invite her ex best friend into her house or not. She exhaled loudly. Of course she would, she couldn't turn Kyungsan away.