Chapter 20

A Perfect Match

 

 

Just got home from our mini outing, and I'm really exhausted, too much heat to handle...

 

But since I love you all guys, and I don't want you to wait and I'm near to the end of the story, I'm updating now...

 

Mixed emotions here, and is may be my longest update, so here it is...

 

Enjoy Chapter 20 Chingus...

 

And I promise, tomorrow, the moment I wake up, I will post Chapter 21...

 

 

==================================================

 

In one swift motion, Taecyeon turned around. Anger radiating from his every stride and all Yoona could do was helplessly watching him walk away. Involuntarily her hands rose up to stop him. "Taecyeon, baby." she yelled. He wouldn't stop and he didn't turn around. She knew he was pissed and probably hurt, shocked more than she was. She knew this as surely as she knew that he wouldn't listen to any explanations that she assumed Jessica might want to give. He was too far away to listen in more ways than one.

Jessica closed her eyes, his angry face imprinted on her mind as her shoulders slumped in defeat.

"Ummm..." Yoona began but didn't really know what to say or where to start. "I'm sorry." she said, not too sure why she was the one apologizing. She didn't do anything wrong.

"You have nothing to be sorry about Yoona." Jessica said as she opened her eyes. "I should have handled that a little differently, it's not the reactions I was looking for." she laughed.

Yoona turn around to face her all the way, she crossed her arms around herself. "It's not the reaction you were looking for?" she asked in a disbelief voice adding a bitter laugh. "You cut all ties to him and your daughter six years ago...”

"It hasn't been six years Yoona, you don't know what you're talking about."

"Excuse me, yes it has, you left her when she was a month old, she will be seven next month, or did you forget her birthday to?"

"Look, I did not come here to fight with my ex's girlfriend over our daughter. You don't have a say in what happens...”

"See honey that's where you’re wrong.” Yoona interrupted her. "The day you walked out deciding you didn't want to be a mom anymore, you closed the door on having anyone say in her life or how Taecyeon raises her or who he chooses to help raise her. I have only known TaeYoon for ten months, but I bet any amount of money I know more about her than you do."

"You don't know me, you don't know what it's like to be me, you don't know what it was like back then, to feel so unhappy, so unloved, that you felt like you were stuck and you couldn't breathe, no one to talk to, cause you knew they would never understand what you’re feeling and why you’re feeling it."

Yoona stared at her for a moment. "That's where you’re wrong, I do know what that's like, and I’ve been there. But you know you’re right, I don't know you, or your story, just like you don't know me or mine. So I can't judge you, but for you to show up out of the blue expecting Taecyeon to be happy or excited or thrilled or whatever the hell you thought his reaction was going to be, you had to be kidding yourself. "

Jessica looked down at the ground. "I know he has always wanted a big family and he is doing really good with TaeYoon. Taecyeon is a family man, he takes after his dad, it's in his blood, I want my son to be raised with his sister. I believe you guys can raise three kids, I can help a little money wise." she paused. "Are you and Taecyeon serious?"

Yoona watched her. "Not, that isn't any of your business but yes, we are actually moving in together when we get back to Seoul." Jessica smiled brightly which made Yoona feel uncomfortable. Something wasn't right about this. "What do you actually want?" she asked knowing there was more to her secret.

"I want you guys to take Mason in, take him to Seoul, and raise him as your son. No strings attached, I promise."

"Why?" she couldn't believe how she could give her son away, to people he hardly knew.

"I'm not a mom, I can't do it, I love him I do, but I want bigger and better thing and he will only weight me down and I don't want him in a foster home. I want him with people who can love him, teach him right from wrong, I can't do it, I'm a traveling women. Always on the road, the road is no place to raise a child. Please Yoona, I have no one else."

Yoona couldn't believe her ears. "I need to go check on Taecyeon."

"Yoona, please, try to understand where I'm coming from, I just want what’s best for him." she paused. "His name is Ok Mason, talk to Taecyeon and meet me at the docks around eight in the morning." she asked with a pleading look.

"I’ll try, that’s all I can promise." She said, with a shrug.

"Thanks."

 

She opened the door to their room, noticing him sitting in the brownish chair in the corner of the room. She sighed, as she approached him. He was staring into space. She saw the tears that gazed his eyes. "Hey." she whispered as she touched his shoulder. He didn't respond. He just kept staring. "Taecyeon, honey." she said as she kneels in front of him. She took his hand in hers. "Talk to me." she begged. Still nothing, she kissed his hand. "Look, when you’re ready to talk I'll be here." she told him as she stood up, she walked back to the door figuring he needed more time to get his head wrapped around this.

"I can't believe she did this." he whispered just before Yoona went out the door. "I have a son Yoona, a son who probably thinks I abandoned him."

"I know." she whispered, as she walked back to him. "Taec, this is not your fault." she said as she run her fingers through his hair.  “Look, there is something we need to talk about and I just wanting to tell you, that whatever you decide I'm on your side."

He looked at her. "What?"

"Well, I talked to Jessica after you stormed away and..." she paused. "She wants you to take in Mason, well, us to take him is actually what she said. I..."

"Mason?" he questioned, giving her a confused look. "Who is M...”

Then it dawn on her that she never told him his son's name. "Sorry, Mason is...your son’s name." she said interrupted him.

His eyes widen. "Mason." he repeats. "Did she say his whole name?"

"Yeah, Ok Mason." She said in a low whisper. "That's all she really said about him no birthday date or age, I just figured he had to be almost six, maybe just turn six or something like that." She said as she try to do the math in her head.

He shrugged like he understood what she means. "What did she say about TaeYoon, does she want to see her?"

"No, she doesn't, she wants you, well, us to take Mason back to Seoul with us and raise him. She said, she isn't the mother type and he would rather be with people who will love him and teach him right from wrong than have him put in foster care or stuck living on the road."

"I can't take in another child." He says, as put his head in his hands.

"Taecyeon, this is your son we’re talking about, you can't just pretend he doesn't existed. You can't let her put him in foster care. How could you live with yourself if you did something like that?"

"The same way Jessica has lived with herself over the last six years, she hasn't once picked up the damn phone, or wrote a letter, an email, a postcard, nothing, if she can do it. Why can't I?"

"Because you're not her, you are not that man." She yelled as she stood up, pissed that he was acting this way. "If you walk away from this little boy, then you sure in the hell or not the guy I thought you were."

"Yoona." he groaned. "You don't understand, I can't do it, I can't take in another child." he stood up. "I got so much going on now, I can't sleep at night with all the worrying and stress I'm under, I can't take in another child." he repeats. "Especially when I can't afford to take care of the one I got now."

Yoona angry disappeared as she watched him. "What are you talking about?" she asked as she stood in front of him.

"Nothing." he said realizing what he said, he never wanted her to know about his financial situation.

"Taecyeon."

"Look, I'm just talking out of my head, that's it." He told her as he stood up, pacing the room.

"Ok Taecyeon, tell me what the hell is going on now." she demanded. He shook his head and sat down on the side of the bed, not saying a word. "Taecyeon, you just promised me down stairs you would never lie to me again, so if I was you I would start speaking now, or I'm out of here." she told him in her most serious voice.

His head snapped up at her words. "Fine, I'm just worried about money that's it." he said as he looked down at the floor.

"Why?"

"Why? Because I don't have much, I'm stilling living with Nickhun and Tiffany. I can't give TaeYoon the life she deserves, if she plans on going to college I can't afford to send her. If it wasn't for Tiffany and you taking her to the mall buying her clothes, she would probably be wearing the same clothes from last year. She wanted to join all those clubs this summer, but I couldn't afford the fees so I talked her out of it. Seoul is a little more expensive than I thought it would be especially for just a high school basketball coach."

She sat down beside him. "Why didn't you come to me?" she asked in a hurt voice. "Taecyeon, we could have talked about it, I could have helped you out."

"Yoona, isn't it a little early in our relationship for me to be hitting you up for a loan?" he try to joke but Yoona wasn't laughing. "Look, I'm sorry, I just didn't want my money problems out there plus I already own Nickhun a big sum of money that I will probably be making payments to him the rest of my life. I didn't need to own you too."

"You borrowed money from Nickhun?"

"No, not really, he did something for me, even when I told him not to and he said I didn't have to pay him back but I can't live with myself knowing he did it."

"Did what? Taecyeon you’re making no sense." She didn't understand what he was rumbling on about.

"I can't tell you what it is."

"Why?"

"Cause I can't."

"That doesn't make sense, was it for TaeYoon or something?" She asked trying to figure out what he needed money for.

"No not for TaeYoon." he sighed, he really didn't want her to know Nickhun paid for her engagement ring.

"You?"

"No."

"Taecyeon. I don...”

"It was for you." he yelled, finally tired of having this conversation with her. He stood up, and started pacing again.

"Me? Why?"" She asked not remembering him buying her anything really pricey or doing anything for her that he couldn't afford. "What was it?"

"Please Yoona don't make me tell you what it is?" he begged as he stopped in front of her, his hands in his pockets, looking so nervous. "Please."

She took a deep breath, even though she was really annoyed with him, she decided to let that one go at least for now, but she made a mental note to ask again in the future. "Fine, I'll let it go for now." she told him. "You know we need to have the money talk."

He looked at her. "We are having it right now."

"No, I mean we are moving in together which means we will be sharing the expenses."

"Oh, yeah." He shrugged then sat back down. He really didn't want to have this talk.

"Taecyeon I have no problem paying all the bills and taking care of what you and TaeYoon and Mason needs."

"Yoona, I can't ask you to do that." He said looking at her.

She placed her hand over his. "Taecyeon we are in a relationship, we love each other and I know this is not just another bump in my love life, you and I are the real deal, I want to be with you forever, I want to raise the girls and Mason with you. So what's mine is yours, we are in this war now."

Taecyeon smiled, as he lifed her hand to his lips kissing sweetly. "Yes, what we have is the real deal and yes I want to be with you forever too." he paused. "But, Yoong can you really afford to take in two more kids?”

"Look, I think it's about time I tell you something, something that no one knows except Sunny and Yuri. I never told a soul, because I didn't think it was anyone’s business, plus I'm a private person."

"What?"

"Money isn't an issue with me. I could quit my job tomorrow or close it up and still be well taken care of. I could send our girls to any college that they want. I can afford to let Mason come live with us. And I can afford to raise another child if God blessed us with a baby or two in the future." she paused. "I'm a rich girl Taecyeon, not just a little rich but really really rich." She said humbly.

He raised his eye brow. "Ummm...not that it's my business, but how?" he asked.

"My grandparents were stock brokers, making million of dollars. My grandfather invested in a lot of the stocks too, I'm not really sure which ones. All I know is when they died, I got a call from a lawyer and my dad and I went to see him, it seemed that they left everything to me. I was their only grandchild. I was only fourteen at the time so it was put into this account thing where it drew interest. I wasn't allowed to have it till I was twenty-one. Well I was in Daegu living with Donghae and his family and they provided me with everything I needed, that I kind of forgot about the money. It wasn't till after Donghae died that I came back to Seoul, I was twenty-two and I was staying with Sunny when she reminded me of the money. So I called up the lawyer, I ended up getting hundred million dollars then when Donghae’s parents died last year they left us a pretty big sum of money too. I actually put it in a savings account for TaeYeon. I've never touched it, so TaeYeon is pretty well set for her future too."

"Wow!" was all he could say, as he took in everything she just said.

She watched as he looked down at the floor, he was in deep thought. "This changes things between us huh?" She asked as she stood up, she closed her eyes.

"What?"

"I know I shouldn't have told you." She paused. "Look I understand if you want to call it quits, I get it."

"Call what quits?"

"Us?"

"Why would I do that?"

"I knew once you found out I had money you would break up with me. Not many men can deal with a women having more than them, unless they are gold diggers, which I know you’re not, but...”

"No I'm not." he said interrupted her, he stood pulling her towards him. "I'm not like most men, yes, I admit I don't like the idea of you provided for me and my family, I was raised that it's the man's job to be the provider for his family. And I know times have changed and a lot of women or the ones who are the big provider now." He paused. "But, I'll learned to be okay with it, somehow, cause I'm not with you for your money. I don't give a damn how much you have in your bank account. I don't care if you only have a dime in there. I'm with you because I love you. I'm so in love with you Yoona and I would love to live with you and raise our kids together and have a child of our own one day."

"Good, I love you too." she said as she wrapped her arms around him. "And whatever you want to do about this whole Mason case, I’ll support you."

"Thank you." he said as he kissed her. "Come on."

"Where we going?"

"I won't be able to sleep tonight till I get some answers from Jessica. And I want you there beside me when I meet my son."

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." she whispered as she kissed him again.

 

Once standing in front of Jessica's sister door, Taecyeon took a deep breath and closed his eyes. Yoona took his face in her hands and kissed him. Taecyeon was a little shocked at first but it didn't take long for him to start kissing her back. "You can do this." she whispered as they broke apart.

He smiled. "Thank you." he whispered before kissing her again. After pulling back the second time, he finally rung the door bell.

The door flew open. "Taec.” Jessica gasps. "Yoona, what are you guys doing here?" she asked as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"We need to talk." Taecyeon told her

"Yeah I know, I figure we can talk in the mor…”

"No." Taecyeon said as he cut her off. "I want to talk now, I want to see my son now."

Jessica closed her eyes. "Fine, come on in." she said as she step aside to let them in. "Have a sit." she said as she sat down in the red chair.

The couple sat down on the red couch. "Hey Krystal." Taecyeon said to the girl who was sitting in a rocking chair holding an infant.

"Hey Taec." The girl replied back. "And you must be Yoona, I've heard so much about you."

Yoona give her a confused look which Taecyeon picked up on. "This is Jessica's sister Krystal, TaeYoon's Aunt, she and TaeYoon exchange emails every once in a while."

"Yes and TaeYoon has told me so much about you and your daughter TaeYeon but I must say, you are way prettier in person than your pictures."

"Pictures?"

"TaeYeon likes to send her picture of Seoul, since Krystal has never been there and you and TaeYeon were in a few. Krystal is the only one in Jessica side of the family that keeps in touch with her." He said as he give Jessica a cold glare.

"Taecyeon..." Jessica said as the two stared at each other. "I love our daughter, that's why I...”

"I don't want to hear about it. I'm not here for her, she is doing fine without you in her life. I just want some answer and I want to meet Mason, where is he?”

"Right here." Krystal said, with a huge smile. "He is so tiny and so handsome." she said as she looked down at the infant.

Yoona's eyes widen along with Taecyeon. They both looked at the infant in Krystal's arms and back to Jessica. "Is this some kind of sick joke or something? Whose baby is that, for rea?" Taecyeon asked.

"No joke, he's mine...”

"I'm not his father." Taecyeon stated interrupting her. "There is no way in hell I'm his father. Why would you lie? Why does he have my last name?" clearly pissed that she had him believing he had a son.

"Cause he's yours...”

 

 

The silence was so deadening between the four of them. Taecyeon's eyes were locked on Jessica as he’s trying to figure out what she was up to. Yoona's eyes were locked on the infant in Krystal's arms. She didn't know what to say or what to do. Shocked doesn't even describe what she was feeling. All of sudden the temperature seem to rise or something, she was hot and having trouble breathing. "I need some air." she said in a painfully voice breaking the strained silence. She immediately stood up and turned toward the door surprised that she could even walk.

Taecyeon head snapped at the sound of the slamming door, he stood. "Look, I'm not sure what the hell you’re up to why are you doing this, but I will get to the bottom of it, but she comes first, I need to make sure she is okay..." he said nodding his head towards the direction Yoona went. "Then I'll handle you." he said in a direct voice.

Jessica jumped at the sound of the door slamming again this time by Taecyeon, she closed her eyes. "You need to go set them straight." Krystal told her with a serious look.

"Hey, it's not my fault that they just go to conclusion." Jessica said as she stood up in lean her ear against the door, listening into the couple’s conversation.

Krystal shook her head. "You probably have that girl thinking Taec cheated on her or something. Unnie, you shouldn't be playing with people's feelings."

 

Yoona paced back and forth at the deck of Krystal's house. So many things running through her mind, she wasn't too sure what to think. Well what she was thinking couldn't be it, cause if it was then that meant that Taecyeon lied to her again.

"Hey you okay?" He asked as he stepped out of the deck watching her.

She stopped pacing and looked at him like she had just had cold water thrown on her, or something. "Do I look okay?" she asked with a fire in her eyes that he hasn't seen before.

"No." He said a little taken back by her tone. "Look I'm just as pissed as you are."

"Oh are you? " She asked, with her hands on her hips. "Cause I'm pretty sure that I'm a little more pissed off than you are and I have every right to be to."

"And I don't?" he questioned clearly not understanding why she was yelling at him or acting like this. "Why are you allowed to be more pissed then me?”

"I can't believe you’re asking me this." she yelled. "Yeah she lied to you about having your baby, yes she should have called you and blah blah blah, but you lied to everyone Taec, I'm starting to see lying is one of your favorite things."

He gave her confused look. "What the hell are you talking about? I didn't lie to anyone Yoona."

"You lied to Nickhun, Tiffany, your parents, me and worst you lied to your daughter."

"I didn't lie to anyone, I have no clue what you're talking about." He stepped closer to her, but she back away before he could touch her.

"You said, that the last time you see Jessica was the morning she left. You said you got up to go to work and she was still sleeping and when you got home she was gone." she paused, trying to clam herself down. "All there was, was a letter and that you haven't seen her or spoke to her and six ing years."

"Which is the truth." he said, his eyes widen as he started to realize what she was thinking. “Yoona no, I…”

"Shut up Taecyeon." She yelled, interrupting him. "I should know better, seriously like a mother would really, not call or write or send a postcard or text something. You have kept in touch and why you chose to lie about it. I guess I'll never understand, I opened myself up to you, I told you everything about me even things that Yuri and Sunny don't know. I trusted you and I felt so bad for you the way she left you and TaeYoon, and what really gets me is your lied to TaeYoon, she believes you haven't seen her mom either in six years. Why would you lie to her Taecyeon? She wants to know her mom so bad and yet you claim you had no contact with her, which apparently was a ing lie."

Taecyeon walked over to her and grabbed her arm. "Yoona, I didn't lie, that is what happen and she hasn't call or wrote or did anything in six years. I swear this is the first time I've seen her in six years Yoona. I can't believe you think I would lie to you. You seriously got trust issues."

She pulled her arm away from him, giving him a cold glared, she then slapped him hard across the face. "Yes, I do have trust issues Taecyeon. Could it be because every guy I've ever trusted has lied to me hmm?" she asked as she folded her arms around herself. "Why weren’t you honest with me?"

Taecyeon was a little shocked by the slap. "I didn't lie Yoona." he said, as he rubbed the cheek she just slap. He walked to the edge of the deck putting some distances between them.

"Oh really, you said you haven't seen her in six years and yet here she is with a baby that is no more than a month old, saying you’re the father. I'm pretty good at math Taecyeon, it doesn't take a genius to figure up when the baby was conceived."

"It's not my baby." he yelled again. "I swear it's not, I’ll take a ing DNA just to prove it to you."

"You said you weren't Donghae, you lied to me three times maybe more than that. Everything you have ever told me was probably a lie." she said as she looked down, tears slowing falling from her eyes. "You cheated on me just like he did, well maybe now cheated, cheated because we have only been dating for eight months, so you knocked her up before we actually became a couple but it still hurts, cause I thought we have something real between before we started dating. "

He sighed as he walked back to her. "Yoona." he whispered. "I swear I haven't seen her in six years. I didn't cheat on you and sweetheart, we had something real the moment we first locked eyes." He lift her chin she, he could look in her eyes but she had them closed. "I didn't lie to you. Everything I have every said to you was the truth. Please believe that. You know I've only told you two lies which you are aware of now and I promised you that I would never lie to you again and I meant that honey.”  he paused as he thought about what to say next.

"Can we leave?" she asked as she opened her eyes. She needed to get away from him and her, she needed to do some thinking.

"I need to talk to Jessica I need…" He started but stopped as he noticed the sadness in her eyes.

"Can we do it tomorrow?" she begged. "This is just too much for me to process right now, I need to go lay down and do some thinking."

"Yeah." he whispered as he stepped away from her. "You can go wait in the car and I'll tell them were leaving." she nodded, then started to walk down the steps.

"Wait." Krystal said as she step out on the deck. The couple looked at her. "Before you go there is something you both need to know."

"What?" Taecyeon asked

"Yoona, Taec isn't lying he didn't cheat on you. He loves you too much. You’re all he talks about and he didn't lie to you either." She paused and looked inside her house like she was looking for someone. "No one has seen Jessica in six year including me, her own sister. She didn't keep in touch with me either. I was shocked to get a knock on my door at three in the morning and to see her standing on the other side with a baby." she took a deep breath and again looked inside. "Yoona, Mason isn't Taecyeon’s, she doesn't even know who the father is."

"Why would she say he was then?" Yoona questioned.

"I honestly don't know." she told the confused couple.

"Krystal, this isn't making sense." Taecyeon said as he cross his arms over his chest. "She came by the house tonight saying that she wanted her son to meet his sister and his father, which led us to believe she was talking about me. I thought she was pregnant when she left Jeju and never told me, I came here tonight thinking I was going to meet a five and a half year old or something."

"And she told me she wanted us to take him back to Seoul and raise him. Why would she want a perfect stranger to raise her son?" Yoona said.

"Well, she has known Taec and his family forever and you guys have TaeYoon. She wanted Mason to be with his sister. She wants him to have a good life, to be raised right and loved. Something she believes you guys can give."

"Why doesn’t she raise him?" Yoona asked still a bit confused to why she didn't want her son. "I understand she was young when she had TaeYoon and she was probably scared, but she's older now and I think she would make a great mom and this would be a great chance for her to get know her daughter."

Taecyeon looked at Yoona. "I agree." he said then looked back at Krystal. "TaeYoon has been asking so many questions about her mom and I don't know what to tell her. I have no problem with TaeYoon getting to know her mom or brother and if she needs help with anything I'm here for her."

"We're here for her." Yoona corrected him, as she touched his arm. Taecyeon just smiled at her.

"That sounds wonderful, TaeYoon getting to know her mom, Jessica spending some time with her daughter before..." Krystal said, as tears started to flow down her cheeks. "But it's not going to happen." she cried.

"What are you talking about? What's not going to happen?" Taecyeon asked as Yoona wrapped her arms around the crying woman.

"Jessica and TaeYoon getting to know each other, it can't happen." She nodded. "Krystal..."

"Why can't it happen Krystal? I don't understand what your…”

"She’s dying Taecyeon." she cried into Yoona's arms. "She has only a few weeks or months."

 

 

===========================================================

 

4 Chaps till the curtains close...

 

Comments and votes up, if you want to, I'll be much happier...

 

Love you all guys!=*

 

TaecYoonizens Fighting!