Chapter 1

A Perfect Match

 

Stepping onto a brand-new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, when your just not happy, or living in the past, because you're scared to move on. You can't stop the future, you can't rewind the past. The only way to learn the secret...is to press play.

 

Ok Taecyeon was ready to press that button, he was done living a safe life. He needs to change things, not for himself, but for his daughter. Not that he wasn't happy in Jeju, he loved his home town, he just wanted a change. A new life, in a new city, where everyone didn't know his life story. He wasn't looking for anything special, he just wants to be happy, he wants his daughter to be happy. So moving to Seoul just felt right, if was for sure the change he needs, he just didn't plan on love to happen with in his first month there.

 

 

One week after Taecyeon moved to Seoul...

 

 

Nickhun and Ok Taecyeon are talking in the kitchen when the front door open, then slammed shut "Appa, Appa..." a little voice yelled.

Taecyeon smiled at the sound of his daughter's voice. "In the kitchen baby girl."

"Appa, guess what?" the six-year-old grinned.

"Wow you look happy, way better than you did this morning." Taecyeon said, as he picked her up. She was mad at him this morning for having to start a new school and make new friends.

"You're right Appa, I like that school, my new school, I like it."

"Good, I'm happy to hear that. I told you that you'll love it. Did you make any friends?"

"Yes I got a new best friend, you're right I mean I miss my old best friend Hyorim but now I got a new best friend, her name is Im Tae Yeon, ain't that cool we got the same initials."

"What do you mean you got the same initials?" Nickhun asked his happy six-year-old niece.

"Uncle Nickhun, see my name is Ok Tae Yoon, see we both have 'Tae' in our name and, my initials are T. Y. so is my new best friend. Duh!" she said as she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah Uncle Nickhun, duh!" Tiffany said, as she kissed her husband, and laughed at her niece.

"Whatever." Nickhun told her then stick his tongue out. "So you're not mad about moving here to Seoul now?"

"No, I'm not mad I really like it here. I like my teacher and my new best friend." TaeYoon said, as she kissed her daddy's cheek. "Appa, I can't wait till you meet her, Aunt Tiffany invited her over for dinner tonight."

"She did." Taecyeon said as he looked at Tiffany.

"We'll Taec, her new best friend happens to be the daughter of my best friend, small world huh!" Tiffany smiled, she knew if these girls ever met they would be fast friends, they have so much in common.

"TaeYoon, go take your stuff up stairs to your room." Taecyeon said, as he put her back down.

"Okay." she giggled as she run out of the room.

Taecyeon waited for her out of the room. "Tiff, is this the girl you try to fix me up with last summer when you visit Jeju?"

"Yes, but I didn't invite her over for you Taec, I did it because your daughter and her daughter seemed to click. "

"I'm not ready to date." Taecyeon said seriously. Taecyeon hasn't been dating since High school. He fell in love in his freshman year, with Jung Jessica. They dated for four years. In their senior year they found out they were having a baby. A month after TaeYoon was born, Jessica just disappear one day while Taecyeon was at work and his mom was watching TaeYoon. When Taecyeon got home he find a note on the table.

 

Dear Taecyeon,

I'm sorry. I know that doesn't mean much now, but I am truly sorry. I try to be happy, I did, but nothing worked. I loved you Taecyeon, I really true did, you will always have a place in my heart, you were my first love, a girl can't forget their first love. The last four years were great, I don't regret the time we spend together. I don't regret our daughter either, she is so sweet and so adorable, I know she is going to grow into a beautiful smart woman. But I can't be a mom, I'm sorry I try, yes I was kind of happy when we found out I am pregnant even thou, we were still in school at the time, I wanted her, I did, but I just feel no connection to her, she is a month old and I suppose to be happy when I hold her, but I'm not, Sometimes when you and your mom are working and she will cry, I will let her lay in her crib and cry, I would put my headphones on so I couldn't hear her. A mom is not supposed to do that, a mom who loves their baby would want to comforted them when they cry, I don't I just want her to stop crying, you seem so right with her, she seems to like you better anyways. So with that I know I'm doing the right thing. I'm leaving Taecyeon, Don't come and try to find me either, I'm not in love with you anymore, I'm not happy, I haven't been happy in a long time, you deserve someone who can make you happy, When your mom told us we should get married, I cried, cause I couldn't picture myself marrying you, I would never wanted to marry you just because we have a child, I want to marry someone I know I can't live without, and to be honest. I know that I can live without you and I will be fine. Once again, I'm sorry, and one day your going to find someone and right way your going to know she's the one for you, cause honestly Taec, you know deep down I wasn't your one. I hope that one day, you will be able to forgive me, and so will our daughter. I hope you both will understand why I'm leaving. Please let TaeYoon know that I do love her, I just can't be her mom. Have a great life Ok Taecyeon...

Jessica

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. "I know you've been telling me that the last five years, besides my friend is seeing someone now. So you missed out ha!" she smiled.

"Oh!" he said little sadly, he never met her before but he had heard so much about her, that he did kind of want to get to know her, but he's just to sacred. "That's good for her." he said, as he look out the window. "I'm going to go check on TaeYoon."

Nickhun watched his brother walk out of the kitchen. "He seems disappointed."

"Yeah, I know." Tiffany said, as she bit her lip, wondering why Taecyeon seemed down.

"So who is Yoona dating?" Nickhun asked his wife.

Tiffany turn away from him. "No one." she said, as she picked up a book and pretended to read it.

"Then why did you t..." Nickhun smiled and shook his head. "Tiffany you did that on purpose."

"Yes, I did."

"Why?"

"Khunnie, Taecyeon and Yoona are prefect for each other, and I really believe once they meet, they will like each other. So I figured if I told Taecyeon she was seeing someone, he wouldn't be so stress at dinner. If he believe we were setting him up he would spend the whole night broody. "

"True." Nickhun said, as he thought about it. " I do agree with you, I think that would make a good couple, they both are hardheaded." He laughed, as he thought about the two.

 

A few hours later...

Tiffany was in the kitchen peeling potatoes when she heard... "Aunt Tiffany, we're here." Tiffany smiled, at the sound of the voice. She couldn't wait for Taecyeon and Yoona to meet.

"I'm in the kitchen princess." Tiffany yelled back.

Tiffany smiled at the blonde hair girl "Hey sweetheart." Tiffany said, as she dried her hands. "Where's my hug?" she asked as she smiled at the little girls mom.

The little girl run to Tiffany and hugged her. "Where is TaeYeon?" 

"She's upstairs, in her room, it's the third door on your left."

"Okay." the little girl took off running.

"Im Tae Yeon, no running in the house." her mom yelled, as she walked over to the counter where Tiffany was standing. "She really likes TaeYoon, it's all I've heard about since I picked her up from school."

"TaeYoon feels the same way, TaeYeon's all she talked about to."

"I'm happy she has a new friend after Soo Ra moved away last year, TaeYeon was really sad, even this summer when we were in Busan, she seemed so sad about school starting up again. I was so worried about her today, but when I see her running out to the car this afternoon with that big bright smile, I knew she found someone special."

"This works out for us too." Tiffany said, as she continued to peel the potatoes, Yoona looked at her confusedly. "We can spend more time together, I'll just kidnapped Taecyeon's daughter once in a while to come visit you." Tiffany laughed, as Yoona nodded in agreement.

"Omma." TaeYeon said, as she walked back into the kitchen. "Omma, this is Ok Tae Yoon, she is six, and her favorite color is green too and she loves Pororo, and guess what Omma?' TaeYeon said, with a huge grin. "She likes 2PM, as much as I do."

Yoona walked over to the girls, "No way." Yoona teased, "I didn't think there was a girl in this whole world who liked them as much as you did."

"Me either."

"Hey TaeYoon, I'm Yoona, TaeYeon's Omma." Yoona said, friendly to the little brown haired girl. "It's really nice to meet you." She extended her hand to the cute six-year.

"It's nice to meet you too Aunt Yoona." TaeYoon said, as she shook her hand. "I really, really, really, like TaeYeon, she's going to be my best friend forever." TaeYoon said, as she wrapped her arm around TaeYeon's shoulder. "Oh, Aunt Yoona I want you to meet my Appa, stay right here I will be back." TaeYoon said as she took off running, tagging TaeYeon with her.

"Well another 2PM lover, yay me." Yoona said sarcastically, Tiffany laughed. "So do you need any help?"

"Yeah finish the salad if you don't mind."

Yoona was making the salad and Tiffany was boiling water when Taecyeon and Nickhun walked back into the kitchen. "Well well, Im Yoona cooking? I never thought I'll live to see that." Nickhun joked as he walked over towards his wife.

Yoona glared at him, then make sure the kids wasn't around. "Bite me Khun." she said, as she continued to do what she was doing. It's only been two years since Yoona has met Nickhun and Tiffany, but right off her and Nickhun hit it off, they were always making jokes, or teasing each other. Yoona had no family, so she kind of thought of Nickhun as a brother.

Taecyeon was standing in the door, he laughed at the little scene that just happen. He looked at Yoona up and down, she was beautiful. He had to give that to Tiffany. He took a breath, before walking over towards her. "So you are Yoona." He said, as he got closer. Yoona looked up and smiled, he had to swallow hard, her smile was breathtaking.

She kept her eyes locked with his. "Yes, and you must be Ok Taecyeon." Yoona said, as she extended her hand. They shake in both but pulled back fast. Their was a spark or something, neither really knew what it was. But their eyes was still locked.

"Appa, Appa." TaeYoon said trying to get her dad's attention, but he keep staring at Yoona.

"Omma, Omma." TaeYeon said, also trying to get her mom's attention, but she keep staring at Taecyeon.

Nickhun and Tiffany were standing there with big smiles on their faces. "See I told you. Perfect match." she whispered to her husband.

"Appa, quit looking at Aunt Yoona." TaeYoon yelled, in an upset voice. Taecyeon broke the eye contact to look at his daughter.

"What honey?" Taecyeon asked nervously, his heart was beating fast. He wasn't sure what just happen, but this girl is different, really different and he really wants to get to know her more.

"Appa, this is TaeYeon, my new best friend forever." TaeYoon said, as she smiled at her new friend.

Taecyeon smiled, then bend down, you could really tell this girl was Yoona's she was a picture of her, she had curly blond hair, and amazing doe eyes. "Hey TaeYeon, nice to meet you sweetheart."

"Hey, nice to meet you to Mr...Ok." TaeYeon said, in a serious tone, she put her hand out and Taecyeon shook it.

"Honey, you can call me Uncle Taec."

TaeYeon looked over at her mama, Yoona nodded her head. "Okay, Uncle Taec." she whispered.

"So Appa, guess what, TaeYeon is a 2PM fan to. She said her room is cover in 2PM stuffs, she has their cd too, it's that great Appa."

Taecyeon sighed, he was really starting to hate 2PM songs, it's all he hears anymore. "Yeah that is awesome." he faked a smile,

"Hey, how about you two, go upstairs and dance around to their music till dinner is ready." Tiffany said, as she checked the oven. Both girls nodded them run out up the stairs.

"So I take it, you're not a 2PM fan?" Yoona joked, as Taecyeon shook his head. "Well, I just thought to see your brother loves them, that you did to." Yoona and Tiffany burst out laughing.

Taecyeon's eyes widen, as he looked at Nickhun, "Seriously dude, you like them...

"Hell no!" Nickhun said, interrupted him. "They don't know what they're talking about." he glared at both girls who were still laughing.

"Oh, really, cause I got you dances on video to a 2PM song, Nickhun." Yoona said, with her hands on her hips. One day last year, Yoona had to work and TaeYeon wasn't feeling good and Tiffany was also working, so she had to ask Nickhun to watch TaeYeon. Later when she came by to pick TaeYeon up, she walked in on the two of them singing and dancing to "2PM's Again And Again, Yoona hasn't let him live it down yet.

"Whatever." Nickhun said, as he walked away. "I'm going to go play with my girls, they treat me better than you guys do."

"What song are you going to dance to this time?" Yoona yelled, then laughed. She laughed harder when she heard the door slam. "He's so easy to tease."

Taecyeon just watched her, she had an amazing laugh and smile, he really wished he did take Tiffany up on her offer last year to set them up. He frown as he thought about her seeing someone else, well, that's life you can't sit around in wait forever, and expected the world to wait on you. Cause life waits for no one...