I can sing!

The Mash Up

Lexi's outfit for this chappy! :)

 

"Okay Lexi-noona, don't be nervous alright?" Youngbae said as he accompanied me and Bom-unnie in the recording booth. "This goes here..." He said and placed the earphones on my head. I instantly blushed on his gesture and earning a knowing look from Bom-unnie with that. I playfully glared at her when Youngbae isn't looking.
 


"Let's match pitch first alright? Just to vocalize..." Bom-unnie said. Alright, now I'm nervous. It's my first time to sing since I woke up and my heart is pounding out of my chest. Bom-unnie started, her voice is so natural. "Alright your turn..." She said encouragingly.
 


I let out a deep breath. I opened my lips and tried my best to match a pitch with Bom-unnie. And the surprise of my life just shocked me. I let out a sweet voice that matched Bom-unnie's pitch. My eyes grew wide in surprise! "I made it!" I exclaimed.
 


"Yes..." Bom-unnie said with a sure nod.
 


"I made it!" I exclaimed again. I'm just so happy, it's like something magical happened that I had a really good voice. As far as I remember, I haven't hit a right note. For some reason and I don't know why but my eyes started to warm and the next thing I knew, tears started to fall from my eyes.

 

"Noona, are you okay?" Youngbae asked in concern.

 

"Omona?! Why are you crying?" Bom-unnie asked in a panicky tone.

 

"Unnie, Bae, I can sing..." I managed to say while I was bawling.

 

"Yes you can..." Bom said once again and patted my back.

 

“And I don’t even know why I’m crying…” I said as hiccups started.
 


"Lexi, relax... Here drink some water..." Youngbae said worriedly as he handed me a bottle of water. He took the bottle cap for me and helped me to drink.
 


"I-I'm sorry..." I managed to say. "I'm just so happy that I could sing beautifully..." I said honestly.
 


Bom-unnie chuckled. "Aiyoo, Lexi-ah!" She playfully exclaimed and chuckled while ruffling my hair.
 


"You mean you're crying because you can sing beautifully?" Youngbae asked. I only managed to nod in embarrassment. I started to wipe the tears on my cheeks with the back of my hand. I heard him gave out a deep breath and that's when I realized how stupid I am; making me laugh at myself. And now laughter just came into me and I started laughing at myself. The next thing I knew the three of us are laughing because of my stupidity. Oh my gosh, I hope they won't think that I've already gone nuts.
 

 




"Everything okay?" Again a familiar voice said. I was alone at the YG building roof top thinking of nothing. Just enjoying the silence and getting away from people telling me from what I should do and who I should be or used to. For some reason I felt like I am trapped.
 


I then looked behind me and saw Youngbae looking at me with his head tilted on the side and waiting for my answer. I tried to give him a smile and nodded in response.
 


"Then why are you here?" He asked as he approached me. He stared down at me when he reached my side, still waiting for an answer. Actually I'd like to tell him what I feel right now but I don't want to be a burden anymore. So I just shrugged my shoulders.
 


"You always tell me your rants you know..." He said with a faint laugh.
 


"I did?" I asked and he gave me a sure nod in response. He stares down at me again, obviously still waiting for me to spill the beans. I bit my lip in the process before starting to ramble my rant. "It's just, it felt like people are trying to dictate me like I should do this and do that or what I used to be.  It's like I've been told of my own story by someone. Everything just felt new to me..." I honestly said as I look far out to the city.

 

I heard Youngbae gave a faint laugh. "That's the Lexi that I know, the one who rants and has her own rules..."
 

 

You’re right Bae, that’s the Lexi that I know too… I told myself.

 

“There’s this thing I truly miss about you though…” Youngbae said; making me look at him and curious of what he misses. “…your bickering with Seungri, your careless laugh when Dae’s trying to joke and your natural smiling face…”


I sighed and tried to give a smile. "I wish my mom was here..."

 

"They really wanted to come here Lexi but they couldn't just leave your siblings in the US..." Youngbae explained. I suddenly miss my family, remembering my ten year old twin brothers, my dad and especially my mom who are both working for our family business in the US.
 


"I think you're being stressed out with all of these things..." Youngbae started and nudged me that made me look to him. "Listen, it's my work off tomorrow, I can take you somewhere to distress..."

 

I blinked at him dumbfounded. I wanted to ask where he is going to take me and why is he taking me to wherever? But words wouldn't come out from my mouth. I just stared back at him not even noticing that my phone is ringing. "I think you should check your phone..." He said.

 

"Oh..." I then took my phone on my pocket and read the name of the caller. "I-it's Jay..."

 

"Go ahead answer your phone..." Bae said but his eyes are planted on mine, staring at me, as if daring me.

 

I took his dare and pressed the answer button without looking at my phone and returned his stare. "Yeoboseo?"
 

"Hi Lexi! How's it going?" Jay greeted on the other line. I noticed that his voice was kind of loud and that's when I realized that I accidentally pressed the loud speaker button.

 

"Doing well, just finished a rehearsal..." I said without tearing my eyes off of Bae as he was too. Not even bothering to excuse himself; he was just there and listening to our conversation.

 

"Hey I have a proposal and I want to tell this to you personally. I was wondering if you're free tomorrow, maybe we could go out for lunch or dinner so I could tell you my proposition. Whatever time you're free..." Jay said, his voice was expectant and I could just say yes. But the mo-hawked guy in front of me started to slightly frown and ever so slightly shaking his head in disapproval.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry I already have a schedule tomorrow..." I said, making the mohawked guy's lips form into a smirk.

 

"Some other time maybe?" Jay asked.

 

"Yeah, I'll see what I can do..." I said. "Jay-oppa, I'm sorry I have to go..." By this time the mohawked guy is giving me his signature eye-smile. I could feel heated blood coming up on my cheeks.

 

"Why did you reject Jay-hyung's proposal? And why are you flushed?" Bae asked cheekily. I rolled my eyes off him and smacked his baseball cap's peak. "Ow!" He whined and rubbed his hurting forehead. I grinned evilly and ran away from him and went straight door, back inside the building.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And I'm back to the game! Hello lovies! :)

Hope you enjoyed the craziness of this chappy...

Wondering where Bae's taking Lexi? Let's see what happens next! ^_^

Hoping to hear more from you guys! Comments, subscriptions and votes are highly appreciated and loved! ^_^v

Thanks everyone! :)