Dance With Me

The Mash Up

Lexi's outfit for this chapter :)

I've been a lot busier as the 2ne1's big fan-meeting-slash-mini-concert comes closer. We have recorded the songs that we're going to perform and sing in between days of dance practices. I've also done recording Bae's song Naman Barabwa, it was intently made for a male singer that's why I have to be a little angsty but without taking away the smoothness of pop and R&B feel to it. Youngbae and Jiyong coached me while recording the song and the two are just strict perfectionists. I had to roll my eyes off both of them when I started to get annoyed when I couldn't give what they wanted. My voice got a bit hoarse by the end of the day and had to go recording again the following day and start to learn the choreography by the evening. And to add some more nut, we have to film 2NE1-TV at the same time.
 


I didn't know it would give me so much work. But I gotta think positive especially now when we're just 2 weeks away from the fan meeting. I'm actually having mixed emotions about this, like I'm excited for my surprise to Youngbae, I'm nervous about the outcome and I'm also exhaused from all the work.



"Ayt, again from the top guys. 3, 2, 1... Haruedo myeot beonssik..." Youngbae started to sing along with the music, while Seungri and I started to dance. "Snap, snap, slide... That's it!" Youngbae encouraged us.
 


Youngbae looked so happy as he coached us and I just wanted to match his enthusiasm even though I was all tired. I wanted to show him that all his hard work would pay off and know that I'm doing this for him.
 


And that's why I've been sneaking some time to practice alone. It's actually a little awkward to sing and dance alone in a room full covered with mirrors that's why I don't look at myself through the mirrors often.
 


The music blasted off in the entire room; I didn't want any squeak of my shoes or any sound distracting me. I shook off all my nerves and cued myself to dance. I closed my eyes and started to dance when I heard myself sing. I was Sliding, gliding and popping the way Youngbae wanted it...well, hopefully or at least what he taught me. In my mind I pictured how he would dance it with me. I twirled to the music when suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped against mine from behind...
 


"Who dances with eyes closed?" A familiar voice said against my ear. I stopped dancing and turned around, only to find him smirking with an arched eyebrow. "Why did you stop?"
 


"Well you startled me, that's why..." I said, catching my breath.
 


"I'm sorry..." Bae smiled apologetically. "Why are you here? It's your free time. You should be resting..."
 


"I just want to perfect my performance. This is my first on stage performance since the accident and I want to give the fans a good show. And I'm doing this for..." I stopped and pursed my lips. I almost blurted out that I'm doing all these for him.
 


"For what?" Youngbae asked.
 


"F-for Sajangnim..." I lied stuttering but Youngbae bought it.
 


"Babe, you're doing great and Hyunseok-hyung knows that. Besides, I'm your coach and choreographer for this, you know I won't let him down, especially you..." Bae smiled his signature eye smile; making me swoon and give a faint chuckle. "So why don't you go home and rest..."
 


"One more round and I'll go home but in one condition..." I smiled with a bright idea in my mind.
 


"What is it?" He asked almost unsure.
 


"Dance with me." I simply said with a wide grin.
 


"Fine, but after this you should go home and rest, alright?" Bae said with an arched eyebrow.

 

"Yessir, I promise!" I said without taking the grin off of my face.
 


"Aigoo, so stubborn..." Youngbae muttered with a smile while slightly shaking his head, which made me chuckle some more.
 


We got into our positions and the song then started and Youngbae and I started to dance, perfecting all the moves he taught me. And for the first time, I realized that we are so in synced. Like we were meant to do this together. I couldn't help but smile at how we move. Actually, I shouldn't smile because the song is a bit angsty and a-sort-of-a-heartbreak-song. But every time we touch each other, my heart races out of my chest and a smile would automatically form on my lips.
 


By the end of the song, as what Bae had choreographed, he slides on his knees towards me and stops with his hands on my hips and his face on my stomach. My stomach churned as I felt him pant against my tummy. I was supposed to push him off me, but instead, I cupped his face with both of my hands and bent down to him and gave him a kiss. I felt him smile under my kiss which made me smile too, of course. When I released him, Bae had a cute blush on his cheeks. I then helped him up to his feet and we both had ridiculous smiles on our face while catching our breaths. We walked towards my bag and he reached for my water bottle and handed it to me. After drinking, I handed it back to him for him to drink.
 


"Thanks baby..." Bae smiled and emptied the contents of the bottle before putting it back inside my bag and handed me a towel when he found one inside.
 


"Thanks babe!" I said imitating him. "So how am I doing coach?" I asked Bae still with a lunatic smile on my face. Bae slung my bag over his shoulder and slung his other arm over my shoulders, making me wrap my arm on his waist and walk towards the door.
 


"You're doing great baby, so you don't really have to strain yourself to practice... And you can't do that last part on the actual performance, just stick to the choreography, will ya?" Bae said.
 


"Arasso... Of course, I wouldn't do that! Seungri is my partner, I wouldn't kiss him..." I rebutted.
 


"Ah yeah, I almost forgot about
Seungri..." Youngbae said and hit his forehead with his palm. I chuckled at his cuteness. "C'mon let's get you home..." Bae said before planting a soft kiss on my forehead. And my heart just melted.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there lovelies!!!

Here's a sweet chapter for you all :)

Don't forget to comment or subscribe :)

Thanks for keeping up with me:)

Much love -Lexi <3