The Kiss

The Mash Up

Lexi's outfit for this chappy :)

 

The thing is, I couldn't act properly or do my job properly now that Jay just confessed his feelings to me...through a song. Plus my boyfriend who's ultimately jealous with him is just right behind the cameras and watching.
 


The scene we're going to film today is kinda simple, I just have to act happy and enjoying a joy ride on a highway with Jay. There's nothing I can do but be professional and do my job and get done with it.
 


"Cut!" The director yelled. "Great job guys! Well done Jay and Lexi! Let's move on to our next location!"
 


Jay and I bowed to the director and thanked him. I awkwardly also thanked Jay.
 


"See you later..." Jay said in almost a whisper but with a genuine smile.
 

 


Reca-unnie almost ran to me to hand me a coat as it was already getting dark and the air has gotten cooler. We brisked walk to the trailer van which was also my dressing room and waiting room, thanks to my generous entertainment company, of course. A warm smile from my pocket-full-of-sunshine was waiting for me and welcomed me and I just felt relaxed seeing him. It's as if all the tension I felt earlier faded with his signature eye smile. I just hope this warmth could last until the end of the filming.
 


The next location is at a studio warehouse, there is a makeshift set-up to what looks like a bachelor's pad. I've seen the story board and this is the scene that I feared the most; the kiss scene.

Right before I left the waiting room, Youngbae gave me an assuring smile. He's just perfectly supportive and I don't want to let him down. Reca-unnie gave me a short pep talk before the director gave us instructions on how he wanted us to do. At first the director studied some right angles and lightings for the kiss scene and I just felt tensed and awkward. When the director got his right angle, he cued everyone that we will start filming so everyone quieted down and soon the film's rolling.


 

Jay stared at me lovingly and I had to respond to that stare even though I was feeling a little awkward. He then leaned closer to me, making the distance closer and closer until I could feel his breathing. His breath obviously smells like mint, I could also smell Jay's perfume or cologne at the same time which tickled my nose a little and made me sneeze! Good thing I was fast enough to turn away from Jay and cover my face with my hands before I could let out a good sneeze. The whole set roared into laughter with what happened. Oh.my.gosh... This is beyond embarrassing! But even Jay was laughing!

 

"Excuse me! I'm sorry!" I said with a peace sign. I too couldn't hold in a laugh. Reca-unnie ran to me and handed me a tissue and a spray on alcohol for my hands. "Thanks unnie..."

 

"Do I smell bad?" Jay asked jokingly while laughing. He was almost clutching his tummy as he laughed.

 

"No! No! You actually smelled good and that's why..." I said. I could feel my face all heated up and red.

 

"Let's do that again... From the top guys..." The director said after the laughing fit. The incident actually took some of my tensions but I couldn't help but remember Jay's confession earlier.
 


"Take 2!" The clapper yelled.
 


Again, Jay got closer and the image of him confessing came into my mind. The lyrics and the melody of the song played in my mind and soon the tension came building up that it registered in my face. I'm not really sure about doing this anymore. Jay is a good friend and that's why I'm doing this. But the only guy I wanted to kiss is Youngbae.
 


"Cut!" The director yelled. "Lexi, are you holding in a sneeze or are you nervous?"
 


"I-I'm sorry, I'm actually nervous..." I admitted with my head hanging low.

 

"Isang-nim..." Jay called out to the director. "Can we take a break for a short while?" He asked.

 

"Okay guys let's take ten, and we'll start again..." The director said with a nod.

 

"Thank you sir!" Jay beamed at the director and turned to me.

 

"Jay, I'm really sorry... My hands are getting cold and clammy..." I said with my head down.

 

"It's okay Lexi, I think it's actually my fault." Jay started as he patted my arm. "I shouldn't have said that earlier, but I was really excited when it got completed..." Jay sighed and held my hand. "I know this would be hard but, I want you to forget what I said earlier and be friends for now, just like yesterday. And then we'll talk again when everything's done..."

 

I really feel sorry for Jay because I have a secret that I couldn't just reveal to the world. But I know eventually I should tell him that I can't be with him and that for me, he's just a really good friend.

 

"Spill it..." Bae stared down at me after getting touched-up by my coordi-unnie back in my waiting room.

 

I sighed at him when I saw Bae's stare was of concern. "I don't think I can do it..." I admitted.

 

"Do what?" Bae started and stared down at me. "Do your job?" Bae asked with an arched eyebrow. I slightly frowned at him, I know where he's trying to point me at. I just hated the fact that my personal life would interfere with my job. "I'm sorry..." He said and reached for my hand, the top of my hand gently with his thumb.

 

"I get what you mean Bae..." I heaved out a heavy sigh again. "It just that I'm going to kiss another guy and the whole world gets to see it. While my real man is here, behind the cameras to be exact and keeping a secret relationship..." I rambled but Bae just smiled at me in return.

 

"I know you already brushed off this idea, but I want you to finish this music video..." He said sternly. I know where he's getting me at and I really don't want to hear the end of this. "I want you to think of me during your kiss scene..."

 

"But Bae..." I tried to reason but he cut me off.

 

"But I think that's the only way you could do it. Do it and think of me when you kiss him..." Youngbae continued and I could only frown at him.

 

"Sorry guys, but 10 minutes is almost over. You have to get back there Lexi..." Reca-unnie said. I nodded at her and let out a deep breath.

 

"Wait..." Youngbae suddenly said and pulled my hand. Swiftly but ever so gently, his right hand reached the base of my neck, holding it securely in place. And the next thing I knew, his soft lips were on mine. He tilted his head a little, deepening the kiss; just enough to make me melt in a puddle of goo. I think he sensed it that he wrapped his other arm around my waist which also made a smile on his lips.

 

"Ehem..." Reca-unnie then cleared .

 

Hearing that, Youngbae gently released me. I was almost out of air when he released me. My face was beet red and I could feel the warmth on my face; it's as if it could explode. I bit my lip in surprise and I couldn't say anything.

 

"Just a practice..." Youngbae said in almost a whisper, breaking the silence. "...and I hope that could help remember me on your set..."

 

Oh you definitely succeeded there Mr. Dong Youngbae! That kiss would probably be etched on my mind for the rest of my existence.

 

My lipstick was quickly touched-up by my coordi-unnie before Reca-unnie practically dragged me to the set. I was actually in a daze and looking flustered. The director then gave the final instructions to me and Jay.
 


"Okay we're rolling!" The clapper announced. "In 3...2...1..."

 

As Jay moved closer and smiled at me, I suddenly pictured Youngbae approaching me, getting closer to me; Bae's minty and warm breath over my skin; his touch. With less than an inch of closeness, I closed my eyes; picturing Youngbae's soft lips against mine.
 


"Cut!" The director yelled. Jay then gently released me. When I opened my eyes, I saw him with a shy smile.

 

"Alright guys, good take. But we have to film it again, same scene, camera 2... Good job guys!" Said the director.

 

"Are you okay?" Jay asked with a shy smile while his neck with his right hand.

 

"Yeah..." I said with a nod. It's really a chivalric gesture of him to ask me if I'm okay and it gave a friendly smile on my lips. "How about you?"

 

"I'm good..." Jay smiled. "Thanks for doing this Lexi..." He said genuinely.

 

I gave Jay a curt nod. I'm sorry Jay, but all I can be is just a friend.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

Hello loves! I'm back with a crazy chapter :D

But wait there's more trouble to come :)

Hope to hear from you guys! Thanks for keeping up with me :)

<3 Lexi