Can't Let Go

The Mash Up

Lexi's Outfit for this chapter :)

 

~Taeyang's POV~

I was told by our managers to stay indoors, but that's just not me. As much as I wanted to sleep because I've been dreaming about her every time I sleep. It felt kind of real, I don't want to lose that dream, but it's a shame that it's only in my dreams.

 


Slouching on the living room sofa, my head spun to many things. It's been more than a week since the accident and I'm totally and unbearably bored. I checked my arm, just a few scratches, nothing serious, and they're healing. I have to do something. I need to do something. I wanted to see her. But I'm too ashamed to do so. I've caused her trouble and almost killed her. I'm supposed to protect her.
 


I forgot that I have a busted lip when I pressed my lips into a hard line because of frustration, making me hiss in pain. Then Seungri and Jiyong came out of their rooms, dressed casually and no make-up.
 


"I'm just heading to the studio..." Jiyong sang as he put on his jacket.
 


"Me too..." Seungri said.
 


"Can I come with?" I asked Ji when he's preoccupied digging his pockets for his car keys.
 


"Sure..." He absentmindedly said; forgetting our manager's advice. I immediately grabbed my jacket. I saw Seungri about to react and say something but I nudged him and stared down at him. Ri then just puffed his cheeks and said nothing.

~End of POV~
 




~Lexi's POV~

I got discharged from the hospital few days later. We had a simple celebration at the apartment that I share with Reca-unnie. No celebrities or huge flower delivery came; it was just me and my family.

 


My parents and I had a conversation that same night I got out of the hospital. They were suggesting that I should go with them back to Seattle while I recover and heal. By the time I'd get recovered, it'll be also just in time for my apprenticeship with Jeremy Scott. And of course, my family said that they were also missing me that's why they wanted me to go with them. I told them I'd think about it.
 


I was getting out-of-my-wits bored one morning. I was alone in our apartment, my family stays at my grandmother's house, and I was just getting tired of being bored. I started to do crazy things. Taking my iPod and placing it on the dock speakers, I chose to play 2ne1's song It Hurts. I faced my full length mirror and opened my mouth and sang the first stanza. Damn! It hurts to hear my voice off key! Truly, I'm back to my reality...
 


I started to think of the YG Entertainment. It's an exciting job to be an artist, but I am not. Still, I could say I have an exciting job as an Executive Stylist for YGEnt. Also, I wondered if I still have my job. I decided then to grab my towel and take a shower then dressed up.



"Lexi-noona?" A familiar voice called me, the moment I stepped inside the posh office building. Thinking, this is the spot where Youngbae held my hand the last time when we went to the dokbukki shack nearby, which also lead us to the unfortunate accident.



"Hi Seungri!" I greeted him with a smile.
 


"Why are you here? You should be resting..." Seungri said out of concern. "Aigoo, you and Taeyang-hyung are both stubborn. He also went here when he should be resting..." He continued to babble some more. But with everything that he said the only thing that marked was that Youngbae's here.
 


He's here, Youngbae's here... So there's a chance I could see him. I'm glad that he's okay. I'm sure he's also bored to stay alone at their dorms. Seungri snapped his finger at me. "See you're spacing out. You should be resting..."
 


"Ah, I'm sorry... Nah, I'm just bored... I also wanted to know if I still have my job." I said with a shoulder shrug. "How's Youngbae?" I asked.
 


"Come with me Lexi..." Seungri suddenly grabbed my good hand and dragged me with him.
 


"Yah! Whatever happened to the word noona?" I hissed at him while yanking my hand off of his hold.

~End of POV~

 




~Taeyang's POV~

I watched Jiyong busily worked his music magic with in his studio. He mixed and tested some tunes with his headphones in place. I could barely hear the tunes coming from his headphones. "Youngbae I think your phone's ringing..." Ji suddenly said even though he's got headphones on. I didn't even noticed my phone was sounding off.

 


I then took my phone from my pocket. "Ah it's my alarm...time for meds..." I said.
 


Jiyong looked at me, all of a sudden realizing something. "Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be resting?" He said putting down his headphones on the desk.
 


"You know how bored I am staying at the dorms... And I haven't gotten any news from Lexi..." I said in all honesty.
 


"From what I've heard she's out of the hospital..." Jiyong said.
 


"How is she?" I couldn't help but ask, think or talk about her without feeling guilty for what I did.
 


"Well, Reca-noona said last time, Lexi was offered by her parents to go back to the States with them and continue her recovery there." Jiyong said and turned his chair on my direction. All I could feel was guilt. That accident wouldn't happen if it weren't because of me. He looked at me, as if observing me. "You really like her do you?"
 


"I have to tell you something, this is just between the two of us. Got it?" I said sternly.
 


"I promise..." Ji said and raised his right hand.
 


I gave a faint laugh because I know how crazy is what I'm about to confide to Ji. "I-I've been having dreams about Lexi..."
 


"What kind of dreams?" Ji raised an eyebrow suggestively. I immediately knew what he was thinking.
 


"Yah! You , not those kind of dreams!" I retorted. I shook my head and focused back to my train of thought. "I've been dreaming about us being together and it's as if it was so real. I was so happy in my dreams..." I said with a heavy sigh.
 


"So why don't you be together?" Jiyong said seriously this time.
 


"Because instead of protecting her and making her happy. I caused her trouble, she almost died because of me..." Guilt ate me and I don't know how to undo it.
 


"So is it okay for you to let her leave?" Ji asked again; with a heavy heart, I answered him.
 


"I guess it's better for Lexi to leave and recover with her family at the States. They have advanced medical facilities there, she'll recover sooner. And she'll be having an apprenticeship with Jeremy Scott anyways. It'll be better for her, it'll be the best for her..." I rambled everything that could do great things for her. But as I was saying those things, it's as if my heart sank, as if there were weights tied onto my chest.
 


Suddenly, we heard the door creaked but no one came in. "YB and GD recording here!" Jiyong yelled.
 


Then there were sounds of foot steps running away. I turned to Jiyong and he cocked an eyebrow at me, telling me to continue. He really knows me too well. "But I'll miss her... So much... She's this positive vibe, a breath of fresh air whenever I come down from stage after a performance. She has this smile that could cheer you up. And it'll be hard to let her go, I can't let her go..."

_______________________________________________________________________

Hi dearies! I'm back! I'm back I'm back!

Sorry for not being able to update recently, it's this story ending which made it difficult to write :/

But I'm here and I'm back and I promise I'll be posting new chapter :)

Hope you love this chappy :)

Never ending thanks for the votes, subscriptions and comments! <3 Lexi