Rumors and what not

The Mash Up

Outfit for this chaper :)


 

“Lexi’s suffering from post-traumatic amnesia; retrograde kind of amnesia wherein she couldn’t remember things from the past but she could recognize the people around her. It could be temporary but we still have to run some tests…” The doctor explained.

 

“But she’s saying different things, like different memories…” Reca-unnie said.

 

“Yes, about that, like I’ve said, we still need to run some tests…” The doctor replied.

 

“Are we done yet? I’m already tired…” I said flatly and obviously not showing interest in what they were saying. I’m really tired and I just want to go back to my room and maybe sleep again, because just maybe when I wake up I’d go back to reality; the reality that I know.

 

“Okay, we could continue this later on…” The doctor said and Reca-unnie then pushed me on my wheelchair to my room. When we got into my room, I was actually surprised to see Youngbae still there twiddling his thumbs and obviously waiting for us.

 

“Hey are you okay?” He asked me with his eyes full of concern and guilt. I just smiled at him and gave a curt nod.

 

“I’m just gonna go and grab some coffee. Do you guys want anything?” Reca-unnie asked and I shook my head to a no in reply.

 

“I’m good noona, thank you…” Youngbae replied.

 

“Thanks for staying, I totally appreciate it…” I said honestly.

 

“I just want to make sure you’re okay…” He started. “And I want to apologize for what happened. I should’ve been a little more careful…” Youngbae rambled out his guilt.

 

“You don’t really have to apologize… but can you tell me what happened that night?” I asked. I need to know things.

 

(FLASHBACK)

 

It was already late at night; Lexi and Youngbae were in the recording studio for 2NE1’s comeback album. While they were arranging some things, Lexi received a random phone call from Seungri.

 

“Yeoboseo?” Lexi answered her phone in a hurry without even looking at the caller’s name. When she heard nothing from the other line, she then looked at her phone to know the caller. “Ri? Yeoboseo?”

 

“Noona? Annyeong Lekshi-noona?!” Seungri almost shouted at her in an obviously slurred speech.

 

“Ri? Have you been drinking?” Lexi asked her dongsaeng worriedly. “Where are you?”

 

“Naaahhh, I’m not drunk…” Seungri once again said in a slurred speech. “Well maybe just a little… Come over here, I want you to meet someone. It’s about time for you to date someone…”

 

“Alright Ri, where are you? I’ll come and get you before you could get in trouble…” Lexi asked and Seungri then told her where he was. “Bae, can we have a break? I’m just gonna go and grab Seungri…” She told Youngbae.

 

“Why? What happened to him?” Youngbae asked.

 

“He’s at some bar and drunk… If sajang-nim knew about this he’s going to be in a big trouble. Might as well his noona give him the lecture…” Lexi said while gathering her things.

 

“Okay then I’ll go with you…” Youngbae said as he got up from his seat and grabbed his car keys.

 

~~~

 

“Noooona you’re here!” Seungri exclaimed with his flushed face. He’s obviously drunk and is about to make a scene. “Oh, and my dear Youngbae-hyung! Look at you both, you look good together!” Seungri was more than happy to see them together.

 

“Okay champ let’s go, it’s already past your bedtime…” Lexi said, brushing off Seungri’s comment. But she was relieved that the bar was dim-lighted and no one could see her blush.

 

“You guys should meet my friends…” Seungri said. His speech was almost inaudible because of his drunkenness. “Or have a drink maybe… Cho the bartender makes the best mixes in town…”

 

“We’re not thirsty Ri. Come on, let’s go…” Youngbae said as he slung Seungri’s arm to his shoulder.

 

“Hyung, I love you…” Seungri said really close to Youngbae’s face and slung his arm to Lexi’s shoulders. Seungri’s breath reeked of alcohol making Youngbae hold his breath. “And you too noona… I love you all…” He said before passing out.

 

Lexi then covered Seungri’s face with a baseball cap so that paparazzi’s and sasaeng’s won’t be able to take a picture of his drunken face. They went straight to the back door to get Youngbae’s car to prevent the sasaengs and paparazzi from seeing them. But to their surprise, paparazzi’s and sasaeng fans were already there and waiting for them. So they hurriedly rode Youngbae’s car with Seungri at the back seat and securely buckled up and Lexi at the front passenger’s seat. She was so in a hurry that she forgot to buckle up as Youngbae speedily drove off. Just then, Youngbae noticed that they were being followed so he sped up more and didn’t notice an incoming car and collided.

 

(END OF FLASHBACK)

 

For some reason, my eyes started to warm up again and soon tears fell from my eyes.

 

“I’m sorry Lexi-noona, I didn’t mean to…” Youngbae apologized worriedly.

 

“No, no it’s okay…” I sniffed in an un-lady like manner and wiped my tears with the back of my hands. “Actually, I don’t really know why I was crying… It’s just, it’s as if I’m still in a dream and I haven’t woken up yet… This isn’t the reality that I know…”

 

Youngbae then gave me a little smile. “You say that it’s as if you’re still in a dream and not the reality that you know...” Youngbae started. “But what if you won’t be able to wake up from this dream? What if this is already your reality?” He asked.

 

“I don’t know really…” I said shaking my head as another set of tears formed in my eyes. “I don’t even know what I’m good with in this reality or whatever… All I know is that I’m good in dressing up, dress making, and styling…” I rambled.

 

“Oh yes you are…” Youngbae chuckled. “You’re one of the best dressed idol-artists there is. But noona, you should know that you’re also good in dancing and singing…”

 

“Singing?” I said as I laughed like a loon after crying like a baby. “Me singing? You gotta be kidding me…” Well, you should probably know right now that singing and I don’t really mesh well.

 

“Well, you were kinda off before but we have really good vocal coaches at YGE…” Youngbae said with his eye-smile in an attempt to lighten up the mood and making my eyes roll off him. “But seriously, you’re Kang Lexi; your name says it all. Kang means strong, you can get through all these…”

 

And with that, this is the first time I have genuinely smiled ever since I woke up. Just then, I heard my grandfather’s voice at the back of my mind saying *Promise me, when you wake up, enjoy whatever life may bring you…* Yeah, my grandfather and Youngbae were right; I should enjoy this while it lasts. “Yeah, maybe I can…”


 

Youngbae was really nice to stay while I bombard him and Reca-unnie with whatever happened to me. At lunch time, they were feasting with burgers, fries and soft drinks; I couldn't do anything but sulk at my plain and pale porridge that the hospital served. They said I couldn't eat solid foods yet that might shock my stomach.

 

"How did I became a trainee?" I asked them as I stir my now cold porridge.
 

"Hyunsuk sajang-nim saw you in YGE and mistaken you as a trainee when I asked you to bring my filo-fax to the office. Then he asked if you wanted to be a trainee but you said no. You said you wanted to finish college, but he was persistent..." Reca-unnie explained.

 

"Then what made me agree with him?" I asked.

 

Youngbae chuckled. "You were courageous enough to say and make a deal that if you'll be a trainee and an idol you wouldn't go under plastic surgery and most of all you should be free to date..."
 

"Mwo?! I did that?!" I almost exclaimed with my eyes as big as saucers.
 

"Yes you did..." Reca-unnie said with a sure nod. "You were this good-bad--girl and that's why you made the cut to 2NE1..."

 

"Did I date anyone?" I asked in almost a whisper.

 

"No, you didn't date anyone, but there were some rumors though..." Reca-unnie replied.

 

"Rumors? With whom?" I asked in curiosity.

 

"Well for one, with Jay Park, because you both went to the same school back then and you guys are pretty close; and there's your OTP with Seungri and Youngbae..." Reca-unnie shifted her gaze to Youngbae who bit his lip while I couldn't hide my blush. "You know fans, sometimes they wanted to see idols dating someone, but most of the time they don't..."

 

This time, I got puzzled and curious about Youngbae. Being a singer was his dream, he's really good and he's ready. So what made him quit?

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello loves! I'm back with a new chaper :)

I hope your questions are answered, well somehow :)

More crazy stuff are coming, so hold on tight and watch out! ^^

Thanks for the comments and subscriptions, they're always appreciated and loved so keep it coming! ^_^v