Sandwiched

The Mash Up

Lexi's outfit for this chappy ;)

 

 

"What are these?" I asked Jay as he handed me a clear book with papers and what not. I bumped into him as I entered YG building early this morning for a scheduled gym training by SsaBu-nim.
 


"That is the story line for our music video collab. I thought that I should give it to you personally. I also gave copies to your manager and YG sajangnim..." Jay said with a smile.
 


"I'm sure this will be nice..." I returned the smile. "So where are you heading?" I asked.
 


"Gym, I workout here... Remember?" He asked as he adjusted his gym bag on his shoulder, but I gave him a blank stare and blinked at him. "Oh I forgot, I'm sorry..." He realized then that he forgot my state.

 

"Yeah, should I recommend you to my Neurologist now?" I joked and we both chuckled.

 

He shook his head as he chuckled. "How 'bout you? Where are you heading? What's your sched?"

 

"I'm actually also heading to the gym... SsaBu-nim placed me on a scheduled workout for "my comeback" to the group." I explained and wrote invisible quotation marks in the air on the detailed words.
 


Jay chuckled. "Let's go together then..."

 

"Okay... I'll read the story line after..."

 

When Jay opened the door to the gym he was greeted by a familiar voice and I know exactly who owns it. "Jay hyung!" He chirped. "...and Lexi... Noona..." Bae's eyes were wide in surprise that I was here. His eye's were asking me why was I here. I gave him a little smile instead. I also couldn't help but notice that Bae's wearing a white muscle shirt that defined his really nice arms and a black jogging pants which falls nicely on his hips. Alright time to snap out of it!

 

"Hey Bae!" Jay greeted and made this handshake with him that only guys could do. But Bae's eyes didn't left me as they do that. I miss Bae but I suddenly didn't want him to be here, or I didn't want Jay to be here, or I didn't want myself to be here. Because I don't know if I'm getting a bit delusional or I'm right that Bae gets jealous when Jay's around us.
 


"Wow Lexi you're on time... Ready?" Ssabu-nim asked and approached us.

 

"I'm just gonna put my things in the locker first..." I said.

 

"Alright, when you're done you could start your warm ups. Okay?" Ssabu-nim said before I turn my heels to leave.

 

"Lexi wait up!" Jay called up and turned to Bae. "I'm just gonna lock-up my things too. Catch you later!" Jay clapped Bae's arm and hurried to join me. Turns out the two were 'gym buddies'... Oh great.
 


Right after some stretching, Ssabu-nim led me to the lined up treadmills. He said I just needed some cardio exercises just to maintain a weight 'for now' and I could start lifting some weights again if my right hand fully recovers and has a go signal from my doctor. I like that because I don't really like lifting.

 

During my water break, I sat on the nearest bench I could sit and drank on my water bottle like my life depends on it. I felt my sweat trickle down my nape as I tipped my head backwards to gulp every drop from my bottle.

 

"You okay?" Bae asked almost startling me. I didn't even noticed that he was approaching me.

 

I wiped my lips with the back of my hands. "Yeah..." I smiled and Bae smiled back with his signature smile that I truly missed.

 

"I see that you're doing great, but please don't strain yourself, you're still recovering..." He said in concern.

 

"Thanks... I think I can handle it though... You too, weren't we in the same accident?" I said with a cocked eyebrow.

 

Bae rolled his eyes but still has a smile on his lips. "Yeah, but I didn't had a broken bone and an amnesia..." He said with a chuckle.

 

"Right..." Now's my turn to roll my eyes off but was also chuckling.

 

"But seriously, take care of yourself. I don't see you as much now a days. And I'm worried oftentimes..." Bae said sincerely and now I'm lost for words.

 

"Okay Lexi, back to work~~!" Ssabu-nim said. I immediately stood up to get this over with but Bae grabbed my hand.

 

"Hold on..." He said. He squatted down to  his feet and took my shoelaces and tied it. "This could get you in an accident..." He said as he tied my shoelace. "Didn't I just told you to take care of yourself?" He said with a smirk as he looked up to me and I instantly blushed right then and there.

 

"T-thanks..." I mentally slapped myself for stuttering.

 

"Hey Lexi, I'm gonna grab some drinks do you want anything?" Jay asked. I was still holding my now empty water bottle and he saw it. "Some more water I guess?" He asked again.
 


"Oh, sure. Thanks..." I said.

 

"Okay, how 'bout you Bae?" Jay turned to Youngbae.

 

"I'm cool hyung. Thanks!" Bae declined politely. Jay then walked to the snack bar and grabbed our drinks.

 

"Lexi, you're burning daylight~~" Ssabu-nim sang.

 

"I better go back to get this over with..." I said with a heavy sigh and rolled my eyes. Bae chuckled and winked at me before I could turn my heels back to the treadmill.

 

A little later, Jay walked by as I started getting back on the treadmill. He then placed the new water bottle on the drink holder.

 

"Thanks!" I panted while brisk walking.

 

"Sure..." Jay smiled. "Bae and I are almost done. Would you like to join me for some brunch?"

 

"Uhm..." Not sure what to reply to Jay, I slowed my speed level on the controls and started to think.

 

"Guys, let's get some brunch after!" Bae yelled who was not too far from us.

 

"O-okay..." Did I just agreed to go out with this two?!

 

The two then let me finish my workout and let me be. Before heading to the lockers to freshen up, Ssabu-nim called me.

 

"Did I forget something?" I asked.

 

"Nope... But I want to give you this..." Ssabu-nim said, handing me a golf ball sized chocolate lollipop.

 

"Why are you giving me this? Am I not in a program to maintain a weight? Is this a test?" I rambled.

 

"Yep, but it's a dark chocolate so less sugar, less fat. And no, this is not a test, this is for your heart. Those two are wooing you and this is the best thinking solution on who to pick..." Ssabu-nim explained which made me gape at him like he just said something ridiculous. "You are so dense you know that?" He said, shaking his head and handed me the chocolate lollipop before turning to leave.
 


"Thanks Ssabu-nim!" I said on his retreating back.
 




"So where do you want to eat brunch?" Bae asked me when I met him and Jay after freshening up from gym.
 


"I know a place!" Jay beamed at us. Turns out, it was the same restaurant we've been to.
 


As much as I don't want to assume that Ssabu-nim was right with what he told me a while ago, I just couldn't ignore the signals these two are giving me. A while ago, Youngbae offered to hold my bag but I politely refused. Jay opened the door for me, like a gentleman would. And now they are both holding out a seat for me. Good thing the restaurant wasn't packed and the next table was vacant.

 

"I feel like seating here..." I said in excuse to prevent from whom to choose and dashed to the next table for four I then took a seat and immediately placed my bag on the vacant seat beside me so that no one would sit beside me and so that they would have no choice but to sit on the opposite side of the table and beside each other. I tried to be cool but deep inside I somehow feel like being sandwiched by these two. It's flattering, yes, but it's also uncomfortable. Good thing the two of them are buddies, there was no awkward moment while we were eating. We talked casually like normal friends having casual meal. And I actually had fun.

 

After out meal, Jay was fetched by his manager outside the resto. So Bae and I went back to YGE building to work. Bom-unnie and I are going to Teddy-oppa's studio for some mock recording; just another part of my training. Even though I believe that I'm still dreaming, I have to say I'm getting the hang of having this life. Opening the door to Teddy-oppa's studio, I was surprised to see Bom-unnie so excited, or anxious rather, to see me.

 

"Lexi! Oh my, thank God you're here!" Bom-unnie exclaimed.

 

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked immediately.

 

"Here's what's wrong..." Bom-unnie then showed me her iPad.

 

It was an internet tabloid news with a head line: 2ne1's Lexi, Hitting Two Bird With One Stone? My eyes grew wide and I gaped at Bom when I saw a picture of me, Bae and Jay eating at the restaurant a while ago. It says that I was spotted with both of my alleged suitors. And the comments were just as crazy as this issue like 'Team Jay!' Or 'Team Bae!' I didn't even know we were being photographed!

 

"Am I in trouble now?" I asked worriedly.

 

"Nope!" Teddy-oppa butted in. "Bom's just being melodramatic..." He continued, making Bom's eyes roll off of him. "Don't worry Lexi, YG-hyung just brushes off these kinds of things..."
 


"Can't I have casual meals with friends now?" I frowned.
 


"Just be careful Lexi, remember... Ah slash that! I just want to remind you that these paparazzi are the cause of your accident..." Bom-unnie said.
 


"Just mum over it Lexi, and it would die down in no time..." Teddy-oppa said and ruffled my hair. Ah, this tabloid news is crazy! But Teddy-oppa is right, and I know that I'm not doing anything wrong. I guess I'm just gonna let this die down on its own.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello loves! I'm back with another trouble :)

Who do you want Lexi to end up with? ;)

Looking forward to you comments! ^_^

Thanks sooo much! <3