This is where it all started

The Mash Up

 

Since Lexi is a stylist this is her outfit for the chapter :)

 

Lexi's POV

I arrived an hour earlier from our call time for a yet another photo shoot of one of Korea's well renowned band, BigBang.

 


As a stylist for five crazy but uber handsome guys, I should hope for the best and prepare for the worst. They are known for having unique fashion styles and so I have to be more than prepared and updated. I have to research latest trends and styles for the fashionista/stylish leader, for the handsome cam-, for the guy with angelic voice, for the hyperactive cute maknae and last but not the least, for my pocketful of SUNshine. Yes that's how I call them.
 


I my iPod and put on my headphones to set my mood, 'Always' started to play; one of my long list of favorite songs from Big Bang. I then started to pick out unique outfits for each member. I got so into the song and brighten up my day, until the chorus part came...

 

"Geu-daer hyang-han nae ma-eum-eun pa-rae
Ha-neur-cheo-reom neor an-go-pa
Geom-eun bi-ba-ram bur-eo-do i-je-neun geog-jeong-ma
Ohhh~ yeah
Geu-daen eon-je-na nae ma-eum an-e
Na-ui mo-deun-geor da ju-go-pa
Ni-ga him-deur-go ji-chir-ttae kkog an-a-jur-kke
Ah ah ah ah ah ah"

 

Yes, I was so into the song that I sang along with it and even bobbed my head to the beat. I am not a really good singer so I was sooo off-key; let's just say I love music but music hates me. Little did I know, I wasn't alone in the dressing anymore. As I was singing along with the chorus, someone stood beside me and started dancing to the chorus. To my surprise, it was Jiyong followed by my Youngbae, behind them was Seungri who was so dumbstruck to hear my singing voice so off-key. I immediately stopped as I got startled with their presence.

 

"Whoa, noona! No wonder why you rejected Hyunseok-hyung's offer to become an idol before..." Seungri mocked my beyond-off-key singing voice. Heated blood started to creep up to my face because of embarrassment. 

 

"Why did you stop?" Jiyong said with a mocking tone. I hissed and rolled my eyes off of him, earning a cute chuckle from Youngbae.

 

"You know we have good voice instructors here, you might want to attend some classes..." Seungri said which earned a glare from me. "But seriously noona, you should've been a trainee before..." He continued.

 

Yes, I was scouted before by Mr. Yang Hyunseok himself; let me give you a little flashback. It was in the year 2007, I was 19 years old and in college then, and I was on my way for my internship interview for K-Vogue Magazine. My cousin Reca, a manager-noona for one of the hottest and latest boy band that was produced by YG Entertainment, called me up with a frantic voice.

 

"Lexi-ah! I'm in the middle of life and death at the moment, please help me!" Reca-unnie frustratedly cried on the phone.

 

"Wh-what's wrong unnie?" I asked as I put on my earrings while balancing my phone in between my head and shoulders.

 

"I forgot my filofax at home, all my schedules and memo's are in there, you know I'm a dead meat without it..."

 

"What do you want me to do?" I asked.

 

"Can you bring it here at YGE building for me?" She asked, no her tone was more like an order.

 

"What?!" I exclaimed. "Unnie, you know I have an interview in two hours..." I whined

 

"I know, but I might loose my job if I scrambled up my schedules. I'm begging you Lexi-ah, please, please, please!" She begged, I really could imagine Reca-unnie right now that she's on her knees, begging me. "I promise, I'll look for another and better company for your internship..." She continued. 

 

"Arasso, arasso..." I sighed heavily on my defeat. I really owe her big ever since I transferred back here in Seoul from US after graduating from high school, and besides this is her first time to ask me to do something for her. I then grabbed my things, including my portfolio -just in case I still can make it on time for my interview, but I doubt it- and Reca-unnie's filo-fax and headed to YGE.
 

I don't know why but my heart pounded the moment I stepped inside the really posh and modern building. I was like taken into another realm. *I wish I could work here someday...* I told myself. I then went straight to the front desk and asked where I can find Reca-unnie. The receptionist gave me directions to the practice room where she is at the moment. 
 

The practice room was pretty crowded with boys and girls that were my age but most of them are younger, like they were still in middle school and high school.  I saw that they were wearing sweats and comfortable clothes for working out. That's when realization hit me, these young people are trainees to become an idol. I started to look for Reca-unnie in the room but with this room filled with people, it would be hard to find her.

 

"Hey girl, why aren't you dressed?" A middle aged woman wearing a pair of jogging pants and drifit shirt asked me; she's giddy and had this natural wit. She eyed my outfit from head to toe.

 

"O-oh, I'm not a trainee..." I stuttered. "I'm actually looking for Ms. Kang Reca..."

 

"Did she scouted you? Oh, lucky you! She's one of the best and organized managers here..." She said.

 

"N-no, I'm actually her cousin and I just came by to drop off something for her..." I replied.

 

"Ah I see, she's there, helping out for the trainees..." She said as she pointed to a corner of the room.

 

"Ah, gomawo..." I said with a slight bow before heading to where Reca-unnie is. As I approached her, I started to realize how chaotic her work could be, but she is really passionate about her work, despite of all the rush and hassle it could give. And that made me want to work here more. "Unnie! I'm here..." I said.

 

"Lexi! Thank God you're here! Did you bring my filo-fax?" She asked hastily without even breathing in between.

 

"Yes, I have it unnie." I said and got her filo-fax from my bag. "Here..." I said as I handed it to her.

 

"Aigoo, gomawo Lexi-ah, I promise I'll find you a better company for your internship..." Reca-unnie said as she pinched my cheek.

 

"Yah!" I protested and swatted her hand away from my cheeks. "You already said that unnie..." I said with a sigh. "...I better get going now, I'm gonna try if I still could make it for my interview." I said as I adjusted my bag on my shoulders and my portfolio on my other arm.

 

"Arasso, you take care Lexi-ah? Text me when you get there and whatever happens to your interview..." She said in an elder sister way, but before I could reply, someone called her.

 

"Reca-sshi?"

 

Reca-unnie looked over and her eyes somewhat grew wide in surprise. "Oh, sajang-nim..." She addressed a man who looks like in mid 30's, wearing simple but yet branded clothes and a beret hat. So this is the famous Yang Hyunsuk, YG Entertainment's CEO. On his simple appearance at the moment, he stands in authority and in a really professional aura. YG-sajangnim then looked at me as he noticed that I was studying his appearance.
 

"Young lady, you know it's not polite to stare..." He said.

 

"Ah, choseong hamanida, s-sajang-nim..." I apologized, stuttering with my head lowered in a slight bow.

 

I thought he's going to scold at me, but instead, I heard him chuckle and turned to my Reca-unnie. "Reca-sshi, thanks for helping out here, I know it's not your job but I really appreciate your help."

 

"No worries sajang-nim..." Reca-unnie said. "By the way, I'm sorry about my dear cousin. She's just fascinated to meet you, right Lexi?" She said as she elbowed my side.

 

"A-ah ne..." I just had to agree with her.
 

"That's okay, no harm done." The president said. "Why don't you go back to your training exercise?" He told me.

 

"O-oh, I'm not a trainee..." I said for the second time today. "...Sir..." I immediately added.

 

"You're not?" YG said with an arched eyebrow. He propped his hand under his chin and studied me from head to foot, of course I got uber conscious.
 

"With all due respect sir, but you should know that it's impolite to stare..." I imitated what he said a while ago with my head hanging low as he continued to study me.

 

YG snorted and gave a faint laugh with my remark. "You've got wit... How old are you?"
 

"I-I'm from '87 line sir..." I replied.

 

He studied me more. "Fair skin, with a bit caucasian blood I see, height is quite small for your age, you could lose a little weight..." My eyes glowered when he said that. "How are you in dancing?" He asked.

 

"I-I was enrolled in a gymnast class when I was a kid..." I stuttered in my reply. "And I have scoliosis that's why I'm small..." I defended. *Why is he asking me these things? And why do I even bother answering?*

 

"How about in singing?" He continued to ask.
 

"Oh no sajang-nim! You can ask her to do anything but never ask her to sing..." Reca-unnie butted in all of a sudden; with an emphasis to the detailed word. I glowered at her with her remark. Yes, if there's one thing I can't do in this world that would be singing. As much as I loved music, that's how music hates me, I'm always off-key and won't hit a right note.

 

"Wow, thank you unnie..." I said sarcastically.

 

"I'm just saying..." She defended with her hands raised up.

 

"We have good voice coaches here... What's your name again?" YG asked as if he already asked my name before.
 

"Kang Lexi imnida..."

 

"Is that your real name?" He asked and I nodded yes.

 

"Sajang-nim, my cousin has 1/4 Caucasian blood and she was born and raised in the US..." Reca explained.
 

"That explains her unusual features... round but chinky eyes, button nose is cute, nice plump lips I should say..." YG nodded and thought for a moment as he propped his chin to his hands while studying me. "How would you like to be a trainee Lexi-ah..."

 

"Mwo?!" Reca-unnie and I exclaimed in unison.
 

"Me?! A-am I not too old for that?" I asked stuttering with my wide eyes in disbelief.

 

"Look at her, that girl who looks like a doll in red hair..." YG said and followed his hand to where it was pointing at and saw a really pretty girl who almost looked like a porcelain doll in flesh. "See her, she's about two years older than you, she's about to debut in few more months or so, and you could join her group if you will take my offer as a trainee..."

 

"But Park Bom originally has a good voice..." Reca-unnie butted-in again in protest which earned glares from both YG and I.

 

I gave out a heavy sigh and turned to the president. "Sajangnim, I'm really grateful for your offer but I'm gonna have to turn it down..." I said, still my head hanging low in respect. "Never in my wildest dream to become an idol, I just wanted to design and style clothes and maybe someday to be a well known designer or stylist maybe..." I continued.

 

"Then what brings you here exactly?" He asked.

 

"I just dropped by to run some errands for my cousin, Reca-unnie. I-I'm actually on my way for an internship interview at K-Vogue, but then as what I've said, I have to be here for my cousin..." I explained.

 

"K-Vogue? Why don't you want to be an intern to a real fashion designer?" He asked as if I was in a job interview.
 

"Well, most of my senior and same level colleagues are already applying for their internship to prestigious designers, I just wanted to be unique and share a different experience by working there..." I said with full confidence.
 

YG gave a curt nod. "Are those your works?" YG asked as he eyed my portfolio.

 

"Ne, sajangnim..." I said. He opened his palm and gestured it to give my portfolio to him. I slowly handed it to him, as I was hesitant to show it. He then studied my works, sketches and what not. I sighed in relief when I saw him give a satisfied nod as he flipped through the pages of my works.

 

"You wanted to be unique huh?" YG said, I was thinking that that was a rhetorical question because I've already explained it a while ago, so I just gave him a sure nod in response. "Would you like to work in an entertainment company, like ours?"
 

"Well if given a chance, why not? That would be an honor..." I answered confidently only to give me a curt nod in return and scanned my portfolio again.

 

"Reca-sshi..."  He finally said and called out my cousin.

 

"Yes, sajangnim?"

 

"Will you assist Lexi to the Human Resource and Style Department? Tell them that Lexi will be our new intern..." The great Yang Hyunseok said. My eyes grew wide and my mouth fell hang open with what he just said.


"You're hiring me?" I asked, still surprised. I just wanted to make it clear.

 

"Are you rejecting my offer again?" YG asked with an arched eyebrow.

 

"N-no! I-I mean, I'm accepting your offer sir!" I exclaimed and stuttered in uncontainable happiness. YG then gave a curt nod before leaving me dumbstruck with my cousin.
 

"Oh my gooossshhh!!!" Reca-unnie and I squealed in unison.

 

Okay, back to reality... Yeah, that's pretty much how I got my job here and right after graduating from college, YG was really good enough to absorb me and gave a position as an Executive Stylist for their company and well let’s just say the rest is history. 
 


"Noona, are you okay?" Seungri asked as he poked my cheek.
 


"What? Were you saying something?" I asked, a bit bewildered.
 


"You were spaced out. Have you had your epiphany that you should've taken Hyunsuk-hyung's offer?" He asked.
 


"Of course not, I love what I do..." I proudly said with a sure smile on my face.
 


"Lexiii~~~!!!" We all heard a squeal coming from the door, and I exactly know who owns that voice.
 


"Bommie-unnie!" I greeted her back with the same enthusiasm. "How was the US trip?"
 


"It was awesome! And I have something for you!" She almost squealed again as she placed a huge paper bag on the table.
 


"Unnie, that is also from me..." Said CL who just  the room.
 


"Hey, that was from me too!" Dara-unnie.

 

“And mine too!” Minji chirped. I love these girls, and I missed them. But hey, what if Seungri’s right? What if I should’ve taken YG’s offer? I’d probably one of the 2NE1 members right now like YG told me before... Naaah, I don’t think so... Besides, I really love my job right now... But what if?

 

__________________________________________________________________________

Hi lovies! I'm here and back again with a fresh story :D

Actually I started to write this during Christmas break but this is the only time I could continue writing :)

So enjoy and feel free to comment, subscribe and vote! :D

And oh, this is my first Youngbae/Taeyang fanfiction so I would totally appreciate everything you'll say about this :D

Thanks guys! :D