Chapter 39

Living A Double Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L set his book down on the table and rubbed his tired eyes. He had been too focused on reading that he did not realize the sun was setting soon. Getting up, he headed downstairs.

A delicious smell that made his stomach grumble in anticipation greeted him the moment he entered the kitchen. "Oh, hyung!" Soojeon grinned. L gave his brother a warm smile before heading over to him.

"What are you making?"

"Pork ribs with watercress soup. It seems like you have been really tired these past few days."

L ruffled Soojeon's hair in affection before heading to set up the table. The moment L was done placing the chopsticks, a thud was heard. Turning around, he saw the younger male on the ground. "Soojeon!"

In an instance, L was already by his brother's side as he shook him awake, hoping that he would be alright. To his horror, there was a knife plunged deep in Soojeon's abdomen as blood seeped through it. "No! Soojeon-ah!" L tried to press on the wound to stop the blood flow but no matter how hard he tries, more seemed to pour out.

"It's your fault." A familiar voice said and L looked up. All of a sudden, he was no longer at his home where he stayed with his family. He was now at a street in Japan. And standing there was not only Sunggyu, but also the rest of Infinite. They looked at him accusingly, as if he was the one who cause Soojeon to be like that. "If you would have stuck to your responsibilities then Soojeon would not have been injured. It's all your fault now that he is dead."

*D-Dead?* Looking at his brother's body, L saw how white his skin seemed to be, as if he was drained of all blood. But what scared him the most was that Soojeon's eyes were lifeless, staring at L as if L was the one who killed him. Shocked, L withdrew his hands so fast that the action made him fell on his bottom.

"Why?" A small voice whispered and L knew that voice anywhere.

"Saemi," He reached towards the small figure that was standing beside Infinite, as if she had decided to side them and blamed Soojeon's death on him as well.

Saemi took a step back when he went nearer and she shook her head with unsheathed tears. "I don't want your dirty hands to touch me. I can't believe you would be so evil as to kill your own kin. I trusted you, Kim Myungsoo. But how can I continue to when you would kill me anytime, as like how you did with your brother?"

"No, I did not kill him. Please, Mi-ah." Tears flowed down his face at the thought of the love of his life leaving him. He could have the whole Infinite to hate him or lose their trust in him but not Saemi. She was too important for him to lose her. She was the one who changed him; the one who taught him how to live his life at another perspective. And the one who taught him that no matter how ed up his life was, there will always be someone waiting for him at the end of the road to tell him that everything was alright and that he did well.

And that person for him was Lee Saemi.

“Please.” He reached for her but she, including Infinite, walked away. And no matter how hard L tried to catch up to them, he could not.

“No..No!”

 

++

“I was hoping that it wasn’t you.” Krystal spoke and you looked at her. The both of you, including L and Dr Jung, were in his office. Krystal had always wanted to be a psychiatrist just like her father and she was now helping him as his assistant.

Noticing a frown on L’s face, you rubbed smoothing circles at the back of his hand while Dr Jung wrote down notes whenever L would mumble in his sleep.

“When you told me you were here to see my father, I was afraid that the patient was you. I’m not happy that your boyfriend was sick, though. But I was just glad that you are alright, seeing how much you had actually been through when you were young.”

Krystal was always with her father when she was young, following him wherever he went to. There were many times where the both of you had met when you were kids and soon became good friends. Therefore, Krystal would have known how much effort it took you to be at where you were now, seeing how being at the same level as B.A.P and making the rest of SilverFalcon to acknowledge your skills was not that easy.

“I would rather be the one who is sick than for him to be.” You whispered, feeling your heart ached at the sight of L whimpering in pain. He was always there for you and in your eyes, he was always strong, not weak like this.

Krystal knew how much L meant to you. Although she does not know him, she knows you. And she could see how much you cared for him. Everyone in SilverFalcon knew that Nam Hyori only cared for Jung Minhyun, B.A.P and the rest of SilverFalcon, not caring if the rest of the world was dead.

Reaching out, she squeezed your shoulder. “He will get bette

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter