Chapter 34

Living A Double Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A gust of cold wind ran past you and you shivered a little before pulling up the green shawl till it covered your nose. It has been a few days since you almost died and you let out another sigh. You were afraid of NJ and you never want to see him again but it was impossible, seeing how L is his son. On the other hand, you were angry. You were not angry at him but you were angry at yourself. It took NJ such little strength to almost kill you. Imagine what he could do if he actually went all out.

But you knew the angriest were your friends.

 

“That bastard did that to you?!” Daehyun slammed his palm onto the table and you flinched.

“Dude, stop scaring her!” Yongguk chided. Taehyung had his arm around your shoulder, comforting you while Zelo was holding your right hand.

Daehyun looked at your neck again before looking at Yongguk. “How do you expect me to calm down when he actually tried to kill her?”

“Let’s go get something for Ri to eat, okay?” Himchan practically dragged Daehyun out of the house before he starts smashing things. Jin gently applied the medicine on your neck, making sure that you will not be hurt further.

Namjoon leaned back on the couch, using his hands as a pillow. “He’s just worried about her. We all are.”

“I know. But he is scaring her.” Yongguk told him.

“Geez, I’m not a mouse. I’m fine, okay?”

“Except for the fact that you almost died, yea you are fine.” Youngjae mumbled and you reached out to smack him but he dodged it this time. He stuck out his tongue at you and you rolled your eyes.

“We have to be careful.” You seriously said. “I don’t know how he knew that I was part of SilverFalcon but he knows. The only thing he doesn’t know is that I am Sunmi’s daughter. NJ is a dangerous guy. I had no chances at all when I was fighting with him. It was like he was only using 10% of his strength to test my abilities. And all it took for that small amount to crush me. I was not even close to having a go at him.”

“And this is why Master did not ask us to fight against NJ because he knows that we did not have to chance to do it as well.” Jongup spoke and everyone shifted their attention to him. “And it was also why Ri had to be close to Infinite. Master needed us to get Infinite on our side. We need as much help as we can.”

Jungkook ruffled his hair in frustration. “This is like battling the ultimate boss. Only we can really die this time.”

“Ri cannot be alone. None of us can. Namjoon, Jungkook, J-Hope, Jimin, Daehyun, Himchan and I are responsible for Ri. L has also agreed to help.” Yongguk instructed and everyone agreed.

“Guys, seriously? You gave them a flat look.

They looked at each other before looking back at you. “Yes. Seriously.”

 

You let out another sigh at the memory of them being protective once more. You know that whatever they do, they do it for you. But you did not want to be the cause if they are hurt. All of a sudden, you felt someone behind you but before you could turn around, he slid into the seat beside you on the bench and his hands were around your waist.

“Hey babe.” A deep, mesmerizing voice said but you were not affected by such tactics. You used your right hand to hit him but he caught your elbow before it could come into contact with his face. Pushing yourself away, you got up and he follow suit. He hugged you from the back and brought your hands to the front, holding them securely.

“Yah! Let go!” You shouted and tried to find Jimin but he was not there. As planned, there was always someone with you.

The man chuckled before whispering in your ear. “Don’t waste your effort to struggle or even find your friend, beautiful.”

“Let go of me before I chop off your . Twice.”

Hearing your words, he laughed but did not let go. He was about to say something when someone interrupted him. “Seriously Yeol? Let her go.” A new voice said and you felt the arms around you loosen. You got out of his grip and turned around to see who it was. Standing in front of you was someone so tall you had to look up to talk to him. The new guy walked towards you and apologized for his friend’s behavior. He had a lovely pair of eyes and hands that were even more beautiful than a girl’s.

But there was only one question on your mind. “Where is my friend?” You glared at them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter