Chapter 32

Living A Double Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you are ready to be discharged?” Daehyun asked as he carried your bag for you.

Sighing, you carefully sat up and took your phone with you. “You know how much I hate hospitals, Dae.” You told him and continued to call L for the nth time that hour. A few seconds later, you received another voice mail asking you to leave a message after the tone and you let out a sigh.

“Is he still not answering the phone?” He asked and you shook your head.

“Something must have happened to him. Myungsoo isn’t the type who would not answer my calls. And he has not been here for a few days already.” The both of you went out of your ward and headed towards the lift.

Daehyun turned to look at you with a frown. “Have you ever tried asking his friends?”

“What the actual-” You wanted to slap yourself for being so stupid. How could that thought actually slipped your mind? It might be the fact that you were hardly spending time with Infinite anymore. Or the fact that they did not even know your real identity and that you were in the hospital.

You immediately dialed Sungjong’s number since he was the closest to you in Infinite. After a few rings, he answered the call. “Bloody hell, Lee Saemi. Where were you? Do you know how hard we’ve been trying to find you?”

“Chill maknae. I’m fine. Have you seen Myungsoo anywhere?” You asked as you stepped into the lift.

“Nope. That was what I was trying to find you for. I’ve not seen him for the past week.”

You felt your heart dropped a little when you heard his reply. Where would your boyfriend be if he were neither with you nor his friends? It was already a few days since you last saw him and if Infinite has no idea where he is then who knows? “Do you think something might had happened to him?”

“Woah, don’t try to scare me.” Hoya suddenly said and you raised a brow even though they could not see it. “You are on loud speaker, babe.”

“Guys, I’m being serious here.” You let out a heavy sigh. The lift let out a loud ‘ding’ and you went out of the lift and towards the car park where Daehyun’s car was.

There was some shuffling at the background before you heard Hoya speak again. “Well, apparently something is bothering him if he has not been catching up with us or you.”

“Maybe we should try his father’s house.” Dongwoo spoke.

You turned to look at Daehyun and noticed that he was looking back at you, waiting for you to end the call so you can spill everything to him. “Sure. I will meet you guys at my apartment in 10 minutes?” They agreed and you hang up the call.

“Where do you think you are going?” Daehyun crossed his arms across his chest.

“Oh no. Don’t start with the whole over protective brother thing on me now. I need to find Myungsoo.” Giving him a flat look, you went over to his car and he unlocked it. Without his permission, you got into the driver’s seat and ignited the car.

“You need to rest, Ri.” He stated the obvious as he entered the car and you quickly drove off.

You did not reply him but concentrated on driving instead. The last thing you wanted was to get into a car incident, especially when you needed to know what is wrong with L. Something happened to him and you could feel it but you did not know what since he has not been picking up his phone nor has he come to visit you. L was always there for you when you needed him and you know it is time for you to do the same, even if you were just discharged.

It was not long before you reached your apartment and took your bag as you got out. “I know that I would an for saying this but you can go home now, Dae. I appreciate everything that you have done for me and it sounds weird for me to say that since you are my brother.” You babbled.

“It’s not like I’ve never handled you being y and all.” He mumbled and you ignored him.

“I need to do this. You do not know how important Myungsoo is to me. This,” You pointed to your wound. “is nothing. I know that he needs me. I can feel it so deep in my bones. Please, oppa.”

Daehyun knew how much you love L the moment you called him ‘oppa’. He has been trying to make you call him that for days but you were not the mushy type to go around and call people ‘oppa’. However, you were willing to call him that just so he would allow you to go and find L. And the best part was that you were even asking him for permission, which goes to show how much you cared for him as well.

“Fine.” He finally gave in and you immediately hugged him the moment those words slipped out of his mouth. “But, you have to call me if anything happens. I blame myself for what happened to you, Ri. And I never want to see you in pain again, even if it is physical or emotional. You have to promise me that you will be unharmed, alright?”

You tip toed and kissed his cheek. “I promise. Thanks Dae.”

Just then, Infinite arrived and you hugged your brother once more before getting into Hoya’s car.

 

“What do you mean we can’t go in?” Sunggyu demanded. “Do you even know who we are? Are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter