Chapter 43

Living A Double Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The murmurs did not die down even when Mr Kang had started his class. The students were whispering with their seatmate and even with their classmates around them while taking occasional looks to the back. Mr Kang stopped writing on the whiteboard but none of his students had realized that. Although the class was like this almost every other day, he could not help but to get irritated because they were talking as if the main person of the topic was not there. Turning around, he faced the one who was getting all of the attention.

Scribbling down the last part of the answer to the question that Mr Kang gave, you let out a satisfied smile before looking at L’s answer. He was still doing that particular question, but judging by the correct formula and method he was using, you were pretty sure that he would get it right. Feeling someone’s gaze on you, you looked up and met eyes with your teacher. There was no irritation in it, just tiredness. Your vision then went to the whiteboard and noticed that he had written the answer down halfway.

“Mr Kang,” The class immediately went silent when you spoke and everyone was looking at you, even L. “May I continue?”

Mr Kang nodded, and you got up from your seat. From your side vision, you saw that Min was about to follow you when you gave him a hard look. He hesitated for a split second before bowing and straightened himself. When you got to the front, your classmates found their voices again and continued like you were the most interesting topic on Earth.

Looking down at your book, you let out a small sigh before looking at your teacher. “I’m sorry for all the commotion.” You gave him an apologetic smile and started writing the answer down.

Mr Kang shook his head. He was not mad at you at all. If anything, he was frustrated at the rest of the class who could not keep their mouth shut and just listen to his class for once. You were one of the students that actually listened to him like his class was interesting when he himself knew that Mathematics was a dry subject. And he was grateful for your never-ending support.

Once you were done, you placed the marker down and he thanked you. It was so sincere that it made you blink at him in confusion. It was not rare for him to show his appreciation, but for the first time, you felt like he had an underlying meaning to it.

“It’s always students like you who makes me feel that being a teacher was a right choice after all.” He quickly explained when he recognized the expression on your face now was the same as the times you could not immediately understand his equation.

Understanding then dawned on you and you gave him a small smile before heading back to your seat, which was now at the back of the class and just beside the back door. When you sat down, L pecked your temple to show how proud he was.

The students in class kept looking back at you but with a glance from your bodyguards and L, they quickly turned back to face the front. But that does not stop them from doing it again. In the past, you were always bullied on regular basis, but you have never felt this uncomfortable. Firstly, it was because of the overwhelming attention you were receiving and secondly, it was like you could feel your guards breathing down your neck. Minhyun had instructed for a minimum of two guards to be beside you all the time. Han and Min were standing behind you while Joon was stationed in the car. In addition, four guards were outside of the class, two guarding each door and one on both sides of the door.

It was already suffocating to have someone to follow you wherever you go, and now you have six. But it was a promise you made with Minhyun. You knew that he was just being overprotective with you like how Daehyun was with you. They just wanted to keep you safe. And overprotectiveness runs in the blood of the Jung family. Besides, it was not like you wanted to be kidnapped by NJ.

The bell rang, signaling the end of the class and you packed your bag. Once you were done, L and you headed out of the class. Students were already filling the hallway to head to their next class. The four guards outside bowed when they saw you and you tried to ignore them the best you can. With six guards behind you, you easily caught the attention of the people around and even from far. Low murmurs filled the corridors. They wanted to gossip about you out loud like before. But with a glare from L, no one dared to do so anymore. Even without L there, they would still be afraid to do so because your guards looked intimidating with their aura. Everyone could see that they mean business. Not to mention that just one word from you could easily end any one of their lives.

Your History teacher in a breath when you entered the classroom. A slight frown was formed on your face and her eyes widened. When she knew about your identity, she was afraid that you would get rid of her because she never cared whether the students were bullying you in her class. And when you came in, she felt nervous, hoping that you would forget that she was not exactly the nicest teacher to you. But when you frowned, she looked like she could faint on the spot in fear.

*What the hell is wrong with her? I did not even do anything.* The only reason why you frowned was because you thought you were late when in actual fact, she was the one who was early.

“Y-Your seats are at the back.” Her voice was barely a whisper when she said that. Looking at L, he gave you a shrug and headed there, as if telling you that he does not know what kind of medicine the teacher ate to be all fidgety this morning.

Following L, you sat down beside him and your guards stood behind you. The teacher started talking about some boring History that you had already read up long ago. “This is so boring.” L muttered as he rubbed his tired eyes. He too, had long ago read up about this topic.

Your heart clenched a little in pain when you saw how tired your boyfriend was. He was now in a very difficult position with his girlfriend and father having a ‘war’ with each other. Although L said he was on your side, you knew that it was nearly impossible for L to just stand there and do anything if Minhyun tries to kill NJ. And you did not want L to be this exhausted just for you. He had been trying to find ways for you to be safe, as if his safety was not important at all.

“Why don’t you rest for a while?” Reaching out, you brushed a few strands of hair away from his eyes before moving down to his cheek. He naturally leaned into your touch and let out a satisfied sigh. He hummed in agreement at your suggestion before resting his head on the table.

Looking at Han, he bowed before taking out his phone and placing it on your table. On the screen was the article that Minhyun let out to the press earlier in the day. You had asked Han to find the original article just before leaving Mr Kang’s class.

“Boss had also put it up in the papers and magazines.” Han said and you nodded.

Reading the article, you saw that it was titled ‘Hidden Daughter of SilverFalcon’s CEO Revealed!’. Right below that was a picture of you in one of the many dresses you would wear when you were Jung Saemi. It was stated that Minhyun did not want to reveal your identity because he wanted you to live a normal life instead of having the title as his daughter. The only reason why he had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter