Chapter 20

Living A Double Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Decked in a sky blue shirt with white shorts and brown boots, you stepped out of the car. You removed your sunglasses and hooked it at the front of your shirt. Namjoon was immediately beside you on your right while Suga was on your left. The both of them had their sunglasses on as well and they looked like bodyguards instead.

"You guys are attracting too much attention." You hissed and they quickly took down the glasses before giving you an apologetic look. 

Looking up to make sure you had the shop name right, you went in and saw that there was nobody inside. "I had already booked the entire cafe." Namjoon explained. There was no need for him to do so but nevertheless, you were touched by his actions. You could not afford to see B.A.P yet and Namjoon knew it as well.

"Don't worry. We made sure that they would not be able to track you down." Suga informed you.

"Thanks oppa."

"It's nothing, sunbae." He gave you a wink, emitting a small laughter from you. BTS was created after B.A.P and you were one of the trainers of BTS. And when you asked them for help to be your bodyguards a few days ago, they immediately agreed. 

You told them about your situation with B.A.P and Infinite. You did not mention that Daehyun is your brother but you told them that you had a reason why you did not want to see them. Respecting your privacy, they did not probe further. They were the type of guys that do not talk a lot and you knew them long enough to trust them. Besides, they knew about your mission and it saves you the trouble of explaining to them. You were 100% sure that they will not dare to fight with B.A.P and even if they did, they will lose. 

But they are the only ones you can trust now.

"Ms Nam." Lee Yong stood up when he saw that you had arrived. The moment he had collected all of his information, he had contacted you immediately. You gestured for him to sit down and he did so nervously. He still was not used talking to an elite.

A waiter came up to you and you ordered a random drink, not interested in anything but what Lee Yong has for you. Namjoon and Suga sat near the entrance beside the window so they could keep a look out. An envelope was slipped towards you on the table and you quickly opened it. The first thing you saw was the background story of Sungjong: where he was born and who his parents are. You noted that his mother is dead and his father was missing in action. 

"I've managed to trace who those people were that day and here," He passed you another envelope and this time you tore the side of it in impatience. You scanned through the papers to see any familiar name you recognized and a small gasp escaped your lips when you saw what organization they belong to. 

"What do they want with Sungjong?" You asked and Lee Yong lowered his head, as if saying he does not know the answer. "Of all information you left out, you left out the most important one?!" You stood up in fury while glaring at him. Lee Yong felt your burning gaze on him and he cowered even further.

"I'm sorry Ms Nam! I'll go and find the reason now!" He apologized and scrambled off.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Namjoon went to you and you closed your eyes to control your emotions. You did not know what came over you. You were normally calm and you rarely shouted at others unless they deserve it. Being a P.I is a tough job and you know it so you actually did not expect for Lee Yong to find everything about Sungjong. 

However, this was a different case. The people who wanted Sungjong were dangerous and they are one of the most cruel people you have ever known. B.A.P has worked with them once and after that day, SilverFalcon cut off all contacts with them. They are a bunch of ruthless people who even kills their own members without feeling remorseful. Plus Sungjong is your friend. You could not just stand there and do nothing when they are going after him.

"Ri," Suga picked up a piece of paper that was in the envelope and passed it to you. Taking the paper from him, you tried to see what was wrong when your eyes fell upon a name. You literally felt a shiver run down your spine and you knew why.

"So I guess this is the real reason, huh?" Namjoon asked. He does not really know what was going on but linking 1 to 2, he had kind of guessed it already.

"Oppa, I need to send someone to protect him." You whispered while staring blankly at the paper.

"Already on it." Suga ended the call. He had already dispatched a group of guys to watch over Sungjong.

"Don't worry too much about it. Your friend is our friend and we will never let anything happen to our friends." Namjoon placed a hand on your shoulder and gave you an assuring squeeze. Looking at them, you gave a look of appreciation and they shrugged it off with a wink.

 

"Is he serious?" You whispered to the person beside you and he shrugged.

"He swore that he has to do it at least once. To be honest, he looks at you like you are his puppy." L joked but your eyes widened at his words.

"You've got to be kidding me." You muttered.

"I am." He nonchalantly replied and you resisted the urge to hit him for being so childish. 

"You have to be careful though. Hoya hyung does not really know how to cook.
You frowned upon hearing his words, not really keen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter