Chapter 8

Living A Double Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another typical morning and you ran a hand through your messy hair. You stretched and yawn before walking towards your mirror. Sighing, you rubbed your sore wrist. *ing bastard. If his face wasn't that hard, my wrist would not have been injured.* You thought about last night and wrapped your wrist tightly with a cloth so that it would help to support your wrist, making it less painful.

When you were done with the necessary stuff, you headed down and grabbed a yogurt before heading out of the house. While feasting on your breakfast, your phone vibrated once and you took it out, reading the message Daehyun sent you.

 

Hey princess, 

I hope your wrist is better. Don't write if you can't. I'll beat the teacher up if they force you to write. Oh, and if it makes you feel better, Zelo and I went after that guy this morning to beat him up again. Zelo said it was revenge for making his favourite noona hurt.

Your Daehyunnie

 

You smiled at his message and replied back with your left hand since you could still feel your right wrist throbbing a little in pain. You hated the feeling of being handicapped and you wanted to get well as soon as possible.

 

Yah, don't be an idiot by coming to my school. Seoul High and Woollim High are rivals, remember? I'll be fine. Meet you guys later? 

Ri

 

'Ri' was the nickname B.A.P gave you. Since your other name was Hyori, they decided to call you Ri for short. Daehyun replied you with an 'Okay' and you smiled while walking to school. 

School was the same everyday. People will 'accidentally' bump into you in the hallways and make fun of you when the teachers praised you or when you get an answer correct in class. Like always, you will sit alone beside the vending machine of the cafeteria during lunch. The only difference today was that Hoya kept trying to talk to you, causing some girls to notice it and they glared at you. You sighed deeply and spun around, seeing Hoya there again. "Why do you keep following me?" You finally asked in exasperation. 

You were supposed to win their trust and if Hoya is following you then it would mean that your plan is working. However, you could not help but to feel irritated at him following you. The only way to stop him is to be friends but he might get suspicious if you suddenly be his friend, seeing how you were so cold to him yesterday.
"That is because you refuse to be my friend." He said. 

"Are you crazy? I can't be your friend! No one wants to be my friend and I'm pretty sure you are one of them." 

"I'm pretty sure I asked you to be my friend, which you rejected." He smirked. 

"Why me?" You questioned and he took a step towards you. 

"That's easy. It's because you are interesting and I have never met anyone like you." He simply said. 

"Wow. I'm so happy that I seem like an interesting caged animal to you." You rolled your eyes and placed a book back to its original place. The both of you were in the library and you were putting back the books you borrowed. 

Hoya frowned as he watched you ignore him. You were the first person who ignored him and the first who refused to be his friend. Hoya is popular because he is smart and he is friendly. "Hey, watch out!" Hoya pushed you away and you fell to the ground a few feet away. You wanted to curse at him when you saw a couple of thick books at the place where you were a few seconds ago. If he had not pushed you away, you would most probably be in real danger. 

"Are you alright?" The librarian came and Hoya told her what happened. "Oh my. You should see the nurse and check for any injuries, sweetheart." She told you. You stood up and dust your skirt.

"I'm fine, Mrs Kim." You smiled and help her picked the books up. Mrs Kim is a 63 year old lady. She is the only person in school who treats you well and is your only friend in school. Hoya helped to pick the books up as well when he noticed that the shelf was unsteady, causing the books to fall. He reported it to Mrs Kim and Mrs Kim called someone to fix the shelf. 

"Thank you for saving my life." You bowed.

"It's nothing. I was just helping a friend." He smiled. 

"Do you really want to be my friend?" You asked and he nodded. 

"Why?" You questioned. 

"Why not?" He shot back. 

"Because no one likes me. I'm the school nerd and like I told you, you will be risking your population by talking to me. Besides, I don't want those girls to attack me when they know that I'm talking to you." You stated. 

"Well, since I saved your , you should repay me back by being my friend, right? And don't worry about those girls. I will handle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter