Chapter 33

Living A Double Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Turning around, you saw that you were right. You have only seen Kim Namjoon (or known as NJ in the business world) once and that was in the picture Minhyun gave it to you. But it was easy for you to recognize him as he was the grown-up version of L. They both have the same sharp eyes and nose. And they were both very handsome.

“Mr Kim.” You bowed as he took a step inside. It was still pretty dark but you could clearly see his face as he was standing outside of the room where the light shines.

“Would you be so kind as to step out of the room so I can see who you are?” He asked and you offed the lamp before stepping out. It was not like you could not do as he said. This was his house and you were in his son’s room. He closed the door before facing you. “Ah, you must be Lee Saemi, right?”

Your eyes widened a little before you composed yourself. NJ is a smart man and he knows how to read people’s expressions. “You know me?”

“Of course. You are Myungsoo’s girlfriend, right? That kid would not stop talking about you. It’s so obvious that he has fallen head over heels for you.” He grinned. You mentally let out a sigh of relief when you realized that he does not know your real identity. If Minhyun was right about NJ wanting you, then he would most probably kidnap you and lock you into one of the many rooms here so that no one will find you.

“I could say the same. He was the one that was with me through my hardest time and that was how he managed to capture my heart.” You smiled a little to try to show you were comfortable around NJ.

All of a sudden, you were pinned to the wall and you let out a hiss of pain when your back collided with the hard cement. “And I know that you are part of the SilverFalcon.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” You faked innocence.

However, he flung his fist towards you and you tried to kick his left leg. You missed but that made him take a step back and he released his hold on you. In order to make sure that you will not run away, he grabbed onto your wrist but you managed to twist your wrist out of his hold. You took a step back and ducked when he threw another punch. Swinging your feet, you managed to make him loose his balance and he fell to the ground. Taking this opportunity, you got up and wanted to run away when he pulled your ankle and you ended up on the floor as well.

You felt something heavy pressing on you and before you know it, NJ turned you around so that you would face him and he grabbed onto your throat. You struggled in shock because never once has someone tried to choke you. He pressed onto the side of your neck, making you gasp for breath. You wanted to kick him but his leg was pressed onto yours. Grabbing onto his hand that was choking you, you tried to remove it. For once, you wished you were a guy instead of a girl. For once, you wished you had not known L because then you would not know NJ. For once, you wish that someone would save you.

You closed your eyes and said the only name that came into your mind. “Myungsoo..”

Just then, the weight above you were lifted and you finally managed to breath again. You tried to take in as much oxygen as you could but coughed instead. It was like your throat was burning, as if you had just down a bottle of vodka. Your head was spinning due to the lack of oxygen and wanted to get up but could not.

“Mi-ah!” L helped you get up and you rested on his shoulders. Your eyes were still closed and you could not really hear anything but you knew it was L due to his coffee scent. “Mi, are you okay?” He hugged you tightly, your back. Unable to speak, you just nodded and bury your head into his shirt, letting the cloth soak your tears.

Never once were you afraid of death. SilverFalcon has trained you to not be afraid to die. But ever since you knew that you still have a family left and ever since you met L, you could not help but to feel scared. You finally had everything you asked for and you did not want to lose all of that now. You knew that NJ would be strong but you never knew he was this strong. You barely had anything on him and you would have died if L did not save you. Tears of fear and relieve spilled out and you grabbed a handful of his shirt tightly, as if to assure yourself that he was there to protect you.

L saw how you were shaking and anger boiled within him. He was not lying when he saw you as his soulmate and he once sworn that he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter